News Tasmanian AFL campaign: The final push

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Hello everyone, we would highly appreciate it if you can put your name down for Believe Tasmanian as it'll help our chances of finally getting an AFL side in the distant future.

The 1-minute campaign ad advertised is literally awesome as it sends shivers down my spine and sends a message that we all could understand.

Screenshot_117.png

Glasses, blank look, upside down smile, silly shirt.

ie CG business type. ;)

He's been called the 'Donald Trump' of the AFL.

I hope the Feds don't have to raid him!!!!!
I take it you don't like him then.

Sounds like most Tassie fans don't, but one thing I know, you won't win his vote by abusing him, he may have friends in other clubs as well, because it sounds like more clubs are voting no.

I take it you don't like him then.

Sounds like most Tassie fans don't, but one thing I know, you won't win his vote by abusing him, he may have friends in other clubs as well, because it sounds like more clubs are voting no.

Never met him. Heard him, seen vison & photos. Others called him DT.

You may be good at Brown nosing people for a result, but I'm not. So that matters not.

I'd be surprised if he had friends. Business types like him have associates.

Clubs can vote how they like. Facts, data, history, emotion, who knows what they weigh up or why.

I may be disappointed, I may not. Life will go on whichever way it falls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never met him. Heard him, seen vison & photos. Others called him DT.

You may be good at Brown nosing people for a result, but I'm not. So that matters not.

I'd be surprised if he had friends. Business types like him have associates.

Clubs can vote how they like. Facts, data, history, emotion, who knows what they weigh up or why.

I may be disappointed, I may not. Life will go on whichever way it falls.
I don't need to brown nose anyone, but you seem to like getting others offside, you seem good at that.

I don't need to brown nose anyone, but you seem to like getting others offside, you seem good at that.
Thats good that you don't, neither do I.

Others can decide to take offence if they like. So what?

I certainly don't think the Government need to crawl to the AFL's Donnie Trump!!! He's a business man after all, the proposal was done in a business like manner.

If any other Presidents do actually listen to him, the boss of the GC financial 'powerhouse' club, I'd be surprised. I doubt other clubs members would be impressed if they did! ;)

I'm sure the clubs will make their own minds up, based on whatever they want. Facts, data, history, emotion, bias or whatever.

Why don't you start building the new stadium immediately? How can Tasmania put a new side into the AFL. Getting Hawthorn and more likely North Melbourne or even Gold Coast to relocate is your best bet. Tassie just doesn't have the local talent, players who walk into and perform immediately for the team, as they did in WA and SA. Sydney was a relocated team, as was Brisbane eventually. Has to be your course as well. But start that stadium, show them you mean business.

Why don't you start building the new stadium immediately? How can Tasmania put a new side into the AFL. Getting Hawthorn and more likely North Melbourne or even Gold Coast to relocate is your best bet. Tassie just doesn't have the local talent, players who walk into and perform immediately for the team, as they did in WA and SA. Sydney was a relocated team, as was Brisbane eventually. Has to be your course as well. But start that stadium, show them you mean business.

Getting the ducks lined up is how things progress.

First start getting the finances lined up. Thats started,

2nd start the design work. Soon I guess, its only really just been decided we need one.

At best no one will put a shovel in the ground until we see the need for it. ie the licence is granted.

They will need talent from outside Tassie to compete,they have supporters who think they own the right to have their own side, they would be struggling to get off the bottom for more than 1 in 10 years with just Tassie talent.

The Government has been spending millions on AFL sides for years, all that money could have gone towards Tassie clubs, but no, that's the AFL's job.

They will need talent from outside Tassie to compete,they have supporters who think they own the right to have their own side, they would be struggling to get off the bottom for more than 1 in 10 years with just Tassie talent.

The Government has been spending millions on AFL sides for years, all that money could have gone towards Tassie clubs, but no, that's the AFL's job.

head-tap.gif

Outrageous that this proposal seems to have become contingent on a $350m stadium. There are 2 perfectly good stadia there already. Macquarie Point should be something to work towards, not a day 1 requirement.

The AFL seems to have a short memory with some of the shitholes they’ve played in very recently.

Outrageous that this proposal seems to have become contingent on a $350m stadium. There are 2 perfectly good stadia there already. Macquarie Point should be something to work towards, not a day 1 requirement.

The AFL seems to have a short memory with some of the shitholes they’ve played in very recently.
Is it a day 1 requirement?

1st of heard this if it is.

Na, I think a new stadium to start is what you need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back