Tasmanian AFL supporters/members

Remove this Banner Ad

Support there seems so even.

I guess people probably had a connection to the big historical clubs of the time. Add in the delineation of north and southern leagues and you have even more rusted on outlooks to football.

On bigfooty and in general, it just seems everyone has differing opinions on the big clubs there. And there's arguments for all.

Seems Richmond, Hawthorn, North, Saints have the most down there but you'd imagine that naturally Collingwood would too. The only side who seemingly have none down there is the Bulldogs.

Support there seems so even.

I guess people probably had a connection to the big historical clubs of the time. Add in the delineation of north and southern leagues and you have even more rusted on outlooks to football.

On bigfooty and in general, it just seems everyone has differing opinions on the big clubs there. And there's arguments for all.

Seems Richmond, Hawthorn, North, Saints have the most down there but you'd imagine that naturally Collingwood would too. The only side who seemingly have none down there is the Bulldogs.

The usual big clubs have traditional support. Especially Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton.

Also quite a few StKilda, starting with Darryl Baldock.

Hawthorn support probably really started with Peter Hudson (Rodney Eade, Colin Robinson etc) Its grown due to games in Launceston. Mind you a lot of Hawthorn & North members here are only to get cheaper tickets to games.

I know some Cat supporters & a small sprinkling of Bulldogs, Swans, Melbourne. Not much else I'm aware of.

It'd be nice to see some actual membership numbers. That reflects support of clubs, but many wouldn't buy memberships. Its a waste of money for most as you never get to see them play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back