Workshop Tasmanian Team Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like this one. Great work. :thumbsu:

changed it up a bit.. REALLY like the design! :thumbsu:

2pzw3m0.jpg

24wu8si.jpg

I dont think you need any of the maroon/green in the opposite strips sock, bammac. Either would make a good home jumper, minus the Tassie map logo, then a yellow clash.

I dont see what the draw is of the SoO (State of Origin) logo on a potential AFL teams jumper, not havin a crack at you bammac, the logo has been used heaps of time in this thread already. SoO colours, yes...SoO logo NO!! The potential team will be playing out of a certain place in Tassie so the will be called Hobart Devils for example. I dont see how a big map of Tassie with a "T" in it relate in anyway to Hobart other then the fact it is Tassies capital.

The potential team will be playing out of a certain place in Tassie so the will be called Hobart Devils for example. I dont see how a big map of Tassie with a "T" in it relate in anyway to Hobart other then the fact it is Tassies capital.

I think they would be called Tasmania. The population of Hobart itself isn't great, if they represent the whole state and try to split the home games 50/50 between Hobart and Launceston it might be the best way to go.

You're right about the SoO logo though. It shouldn't be used on an actual AFL team, it looks pretty crap anyway. Very unimaginative.

changed it up a bit.. REALLY like the design! :thumbsu:

Thanks.
My favourite is still the white version (mainly because I feel the "leaves" need to be green but I recoloured it for you.
TasmaniaFCConcept2home.png

And I remade the home jumper in hopes of adding more vibrancy like in the away.
TasmaniaFCConcept3.png

2lnz288.png

I think the Tasmanian team should wear something like this. Since they're a traditional footy state they should wear their traditional state colours in a traditional footy design, like the stripes, hoops or a sash. I agree with the statements above that the State Of Origin jumper design shouldn't be used though, especially if the Powers That Be decide to bring it back in the future.

I'm not sure about the nickname though. What about Thylacines? I know that most people know it as the Tasmanian Tiger but they obviously can't use that because of Richmond (and possibly the state cricket team) and Thylacine kinda sounds cool. Sorta like Wolverine? OK maybe not!

I have to admit, I don't like the idea of a new club being named after State. Prefer the more specific suburbs or at least a city.... but can appreciate the fact that when a new club is trying to gain as much support as possible they want to take a broad approach as to not alienate potential members.

The Isle - A bit different with 'the' leading the name
Tasman - Reference to the sea that encompasses the east coast & Abel who discovered it.
Bass - Reference to the strait separating the island from the mainland.

Or they could take the name from a river system that cross the state... I would expect this to be an inoffensive way to settle on something the area could support:

Mersey
Huon
Franklin
Tamar etc all these names have a traditional ring to me and could be broad enough to please the fan base.

For a mascot, perhaps going in a different direction from using fauna (Tiger, Devil etc) and maybe look at it's history: Convicts, Timber, hydro, gold miners & boat builders come to mind so just off the top of my head:

Highwaymen, Piners, Prospectors, Buccaneers, Rebellion, Colonials, Turbines etc.

This is just off the top of my head, I'm sure much better options could gained by looking into it further, without being too ambiguous (see Port Power).

TBH as a Tasmanian I don't like any of those names. I'd actually like it to just be 'Tasmania' or 'Tassie'. Launceston or Hobart would be alright, depending on where the team would be based.

A major sticking point for Tassie is the infighting between the north and the south (more specifically, between Launceston and Hobart), not surprising considering Tassie has the least centralised population of any state (with the possible exception of Queensland). You would absolutely have to unify the two sides for it to work, so you couldn't name them Hobart, Launceston, Tamar, Derwent, etc. Anything that alludes to a particular part of the state. I'd say they'd have to be called Tasmania, or as an alternative, along the lines of bammac's suggestions, call them Island State. The nickname is probably of far less consequence.

It works just as well as West Coast I feel - pertains to a particular region without alienating those outside the big city. Had the Eagles been named the Perth Eagles, I'd bet people in places like Bunbury, Mandurah, Kalgoorlie, etc. wouldn't have as behind them as much as they actually have.

EDIT: Willo, I suggested it as an alternative to naming it Tasmania, as it still could relate to the SoO team, if that concept ever gets resurrected.

But 'Tasmania would be just as good as "island State' in that matter. Both locate themselves over the whole state. Island State is a bit corny to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tasmania would be a lot more logical than these.
Not everything has to be uniform. Some clubs can represent a suburb, some can represent multiple suburbs, some can represent a city, some can represent a coast line and this one would represent a state. There's nothing wrong with it.

TBH as a Tasmanian I don't like any of those names. I'd actually like it to just be 'Tasmania' or 'Tassie'. Launceston or Hobart would be alright, depending on where the team would be based.

My wife's family are from Tasmania and this discussion has come up before when I have been over there. When I discussed it in their social circles the older ones didn't like it being called 'Tasmania' as they felt it detracted from the history of the State side which they remember and hold in high regard.

The younger ones aren't as fussed as they don't remember the state side or it's history.

If they do get a bid I'm pretty sure they would use Tasmania, my opinion was that they could try a bit harder to find a different name. Sure my suggestions may not float with the natives, but all I was trying to illustrate is that there are other alternatives that may work.

But as there is NO state competition a the AFL level, I guess it doesn't matter for a club to take a State name in a club competition...

I never knew that. Are they pink as well?
Just searched wikipedia.
Wouldn't Steelheads be a decent name?

Yeah they have a light shade of pinky red, and yep the Steelheads would be a good name. You can go ahead and make a jumper based on that name if you want.

tassie1.jpg

This one was a bit out of left field trying variation of colour including black.
The emblem is tassie tiger which strays from the classic geographical emblem.

tassie2.jpg

This one is a bit more original and classic in a sense. use of large tassie in yellow.
Inclusion of red colour splashes.

Thinking of making a green based tassie jumper with some sort of a white emblem, almost like a splash of white paint on the green.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back