State Tasmanian Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

But where do they end up if they successfully chase down 4.5 runs an over on a road? They're probably in the box seat to make it alongside Tassie.

4.5 an over on the last day? Kidding yourself. Maybe if they were 2 down with a session to go, but have you seen the WA batting? After these two its slim pickings, they aren't going at near 5's to win.

What year are you living in? 4.5 runs an over on this pitch was eminently realistic.

No it's not, 370 the target and maybe. It is way better for our national side that these two bat time get big runs, who cares about a pointless target, a draw is a result.

4.5 an over on the last day? Kidding yourself. Maybe if they were 2 down with a session to go, but have you seen the WA batting? After these two its slim pickings, they aren't going at near 5's to win.

You've watched Shield cricket a Bellerive before, right? A "last day pitch" at Bellerive is the morning of day 3 anywhere else. The Tigers haven't had one move off the seam yet. (edit: they've just had their first one move off the seam that I've seen today!)

No it's not, 370 the target and maybe. It is way better for our national side that these two bat time get big runs, who cares about a pointless target, a draw is a result.

The national side should absolutely not be a consideration. You can't decide that it overrides competitiveness in the Shield sometimes but not others.

You've watched Shield cricket a Bellerive before, right? A "last day pitch" at Bellerive is the morning of day 3 anywhere else. The Tigers haven't had one move off the seam yet.

The national side should absolutely not be a consideration. You can't decide that it overrides competitiveness in the Shield sometimes but not others.

The national team should ALWAYS be the first priority. Green batting the whole day is way important to trying to chase at 5 an over or whatever which is flat out impossible. Tell you what you bowl Freeman and then WA might have a go.

This innings is EXACTLY what they needed to do.

With all due respect, 450 in 3 sessions is no where near realistic.
That's just crazy talk.

Should've declared around 380 in front and had a crack at them lastl night IMO.

Exactly what did you think WA would do? Under no circumstances was 450 in a day realistic you could be playing on a highway in Pakistan and it’s still not realistic

The national team should ALWAYS be the first priority. Green batting the whole day is way important to trying to chase at 5 an over or whatever which is flat out impossible. Tell you what you bowl Freeman and then WA might have a go.

This innings is EXACTLY what they needed to do.

The 2 captains just rendered your argument rubbish, it wasn't about batting practice for Green, it was just about playing out a dull draw.

They've got 8 wickets in hand, 20ish overs left and 200 runs, they were probably only 30 runs short of being able to have a crack at it.

The 2 captains just rendered your argument rubbish, it wasn't about batting practice for Green, it was just about playing out a dull draw.

They've got 8 wickets in hand, 20ish overs left and 200 runs, they were probably only 30 runs short of being able to have a crack at it.
It was a "dull draw" because you gave WA no chance at all.
You don't think 350 in 3 sessions would've made it interesting?

Tell me the last time a Shield side made 450 in a day chasing a win?

Was a ridiculous declaration.

On no planet whatsoever is 450 in a day achievable nit on the Hume Highway and certainly not when you refuse to bowl spin. Declare at 375-385 then they might have had a small crack.A draw is a perfectly fine result. Main objective was Green getting some runs and confidence. Blame the curators for the pitch not WA for batting sensibly.

It was a "dull draw" because you gave WA no chance at all.
You don't think 350 in 3 sessions would've made it interesting?

Tell me the last time a Shield side made 450 in a day chasing a win?

Was a ridiculous declaration.

Half an hr to 45 mins last night should have been where the declaration happened. No team was scoring 450 plus in one day. Who really cares it’s so much more important for Bancroft and Green to get runs than an impossible result. You try going at 5+ an over and you lose, that’s worse for WA

On no planet whatsoever is 450 in a day achievable nit on the Hume Highway and certainly not when you refuse to bowl spin. Declare at 375-385 then they might have had a small crack.A draw is a perfectly fine result. Main objective was Green getting some runs and confidence. Blame the curators for the pitch not WA for batting sensibly.
Should be blaming the captain and coach IMO.

Should be blaming the captain and coach IMO.

100% extremely defensive. 380 odd max even 400 at the absolute high level is PLENTY of runs. Why are you going to 450 plus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To rule out any possible chance of losing the match...That was obviously Tasmania's objective with such a late declaration.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tassie can’t then complain WA just bat the day out though

To rule out any possible chance of losing the match...That was obviously Tasmania's objective with such a late declaration.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
You'd think being on top of the ladder, playing at home and being 350 in front with 3 and a half sessions to go, they could've, should've had a crack at an outright.

They could've put themselves one and a half win on top and odds on to host a home final.

Belwildering decision.

I thought the declaration was too conservative. I wanted a declaration last night, with a crack at WA before stumps.
At a guess, Tassie may have been put off by how easy it was to bat on the track.

I thought the declaration was too conservative. I wanted a declaration last night, with a crack at WA before stumps.
At a guess, Tassie may have been put off by how easy it was to bat on the track.
Might've been easy to bat on but 450 in 3 sessions was way over the top.

Disappointing end to a great season. A lot of "what could have been" with the loss at home to South Australia that cost us a home final.

I see that Ellis got a cricket Australia contract and with Wade's retirement from First class cricket that also opens up another contract (he will play ODIs for us though) along with Rainbird's retirement.

Mac Wright wouldn't be available until February 2025 you'd think off an ACL.

Some interesting decisions ahead... we really need another fast bowler in addition to Kieran Elliott who I assume gets upgraded. Stanlake gets another year.

Tasmanian Tigers 2023-24 male contract list:

Gabe Bell, Iain Carlisle, Paddy Dooley, Jake Doran, Nathan Ellis, Jarrod Freeman, Brad Hope, Caleb Jewell, Riley Meredith, Lawrence Neil-Smith, Mitch Owen, Sam Rainbird, Jordan Silk, Billy Stanlake, Matthew Wade, Charlie Wakim, Tim Ward, Jake Weatherald, Beau Webster, Mac Wright.

Rookies: Nick Davis, Nivethan Radhakrishnan

How did Dooley perform this year in Marsh Cup? His numbers don't look great but i do remember he played on a few roads...
I get the feeling his novelty is starting to wear off unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back