State Tasmanian Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume McDermott will come back in. Not sure who'd they'd use as a spin option.
Clive. Sandhu looked as threatening as a kitten

Bell up to 50 wickets. I didn't realise how good his numbers are so far. 50 at around 21.
Bowls stump to stump and moves it off the deck both ways. When you do that, you're gonna get wickets.

What's happened to Tom Rogers? He's a guy I would like to see more from. Think their XI for the next game should be something like:

Doolan
Silk
Wade (c)
Doran
Bailey
McDermott (+)
Rogers
Rose
Bird
Bell
Meredith

They probably go with Milenko over Rogers though. I think McDermott is a better keeper than Doran and I don't like Wade captaining and keeping. Try to get into the test side as a bat.

What's happened to Tom Rogers? He's a guy I would like to see more from. Think their XI for the next game should be something like:

Doolan
Silk
Wade (c)
Doran
Bailey
McDermott (+)
Rogers
Rose
Bird
Bell
Meredith

They probably go with Milenko over Rogers though. I think McDermott is a better keeper than Doran and I don't like Wade captaining and keeping. Try to get into the test side as a bat.

Think I saw somewhere Rogers is injured at the moment.

And Doran should be getting the chop completely, can barely hit it off the square. Averaging just under 16 with a highest score of 33 from 10 knocks this season. Not sure who would come in for him.

Think I saw somewhere Rogers is injured at the moment.

And Doran should be getting the chop completely, can barely hit it off the square. Averaging just under 16 with a highest score of 33 from 10 knocks this season. Not sure who would come in for him.
Sean Willis has 244 runs at 49 in the Futures League and 102 runs at 51 in Grade Cricket this year so far, Charles Wakim has 198 runs at 40 in FL and 219 runs at 73 in Grade Cricket. Probably one of those two. Or both, and play 4 bowlers.

Are there any other options with the gloves?

I think ideally the top five looks like this:
Silk
Doolan
McDermott
Wade
Bailey

But as eth-dog alluded to I think Wade is best suited to focus on his batting. I also reckon McDermott should focus on his batting as well and stay at 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any other options with the gloves?

I think ideally the top five looks like this:
Silk
Doolan
McDermott
Wade
Bailey

But as eth-dog alluded to I think Wade is best suited to focus on his batting. I also reckon McDermott should focus on his batting as well and stay at 3.
Slide McDermott down to 6 and keep for me. Reward Wakim's form and bat him at 4. Faulkner, Rose and three bowlers after that

What's the go with James Faulkner? I went to look up his stats and noticed that he's playing in the T10 league in the UAE.
No idea, I see he is playing BBL.

2019-20 Tasmanian Tigers Men's Squad

Full State Contract

George Bailey
Gabe Bell
Alex Bevilaqua
Jackson Bird
Alex Doolan
Jake Doran
James Faulkner
Caleb Jewell
Ben McDermott
Riley Meredith
Simon Milenko
Tim Paine (Contracted by Cricket Australia)
Alex Pyecroft
Sam Rainbird
Tom Rogers
Gurinder Sandhu
Jordan Silk
Matthew Wade
Charlie Wakim
Beau Webster
Sean Willis

Rookie Contract

Iain Carlisle
Jarrod Freeman
Lawrence Neil-Smith
Keegan Oates
Jack White
Macallister Wright

New Players

Alex Bevilaqua - Western Australia
Iain Carlisle - NSW
Keegan Oates - Lindisfarne
Alex Pyecroft - North Hobart
Sean Willis - South Hobart-Sandy Bay

Outgoing Players

Nick Buchanan
Liam Devlin
Hamish Kingston
Aaron Summers

Interesting signing the quick from WA. 207cm, Griffith used to coach him, WA have a lot of good quicks. Might end up a smart pick up.

Carlisle an Aus u-19 quick from Canberra. Oates a local bat who played Aus u-19 so with Freeman also they have three players from that team on the rookie list.

Probably the most even squad that Tas have ever had I reckon. Just about the whole 21 senior squad would be a chance to get a game. Top end batting talent the query again.

Tassie should have signed Sam Grimwade from Victoria. Offie who has a good record in Futures League and Grade cricket but is behind Holland and O'Connell now. The fact Maxy and Short both bowl offies doesn't help

We have too many good quicks to worry about a spinner :)

All the Vic premier league is good for is producing list cloggers. Happy to go around that competition when recruiting imports.
Nah, it's Tassie's biggest weakness. If the track isn't doing anything for the quicks you don't really have a tie it down option. Grimwade unlike your other Vic imports has actually performed at FL level before getting them down.

very curious to see if faulkner makes it into the tas one day squad!
Faulkner recently played T20 for Lancashire and played at least 3 lots of back to back games (2 games in 2 days) which would suggest to me that his knee is doing ok. I think the main issues over the last few years has been him backing up after little or no rest, and is the main reason he hasn't been playing sheffield shield as his knee soreness doesn't allow him to bowl medium to high volumes without a rest.

Given that he is a contracted Tasmanian player and he didn't play shield the last few years, surely he would be playing the one dayers or otherwise why contract him at all? Let's hope he can put some good form together and his knee is doing ok - would love him to play shield again, even if he has to play as more of a batsman and limited to 5-10 overs an innings with the ball.

Stats - http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en..._team.html?id=12763;team=1167;type=tournament

Lancashire Highlights -

Faulkner not named in either the Shield 13 or 2nd XI team, so looks like no 4 day cricket for him this year, or for the rest of his career. I don't think he'd warrant a Tasmanian contract if he wasn't playing for the Hurricanes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back