State Tasmanian Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Eamonn Vines also making the move down to Tassie - that's at least 4 or 5 quality grade players coming without a contract. They've hung the offers out there
Will dominate grade cricket down there but not convinced he's a FC player yet.

Be interesting to see the Hurricanes contracts. Probably a few guys on multi year deals with TAS that they don't want but can't sack. I presume if any of these guys play x amount of games they would get upgraded to a contract in the same way players do going from domestic to international.

Tasmania after a new Mens coach, after Jeff Vaughan appointed to national team as an assistant. I know he is hugely rated internally (thus why he was promoted to head coach after starting as an assistant with Tassie) and will be a huge loss for the program. Sounds like Griffith will not be returning to the Mens coaching role and they will look externally.

CT chief Dominic Baker said it was a bittersweet day for the organisation, which will advertise immediately and intends to keep the Tigers and Hurricanes programs separate.

“As an organisation we’re rapt to see that we’ve got people of the caliber of Jeff coming through the system and being taken out of our programs and going into to the national programs,” Baker said.

“ Of course, it is with some sadness because we’ve watched Jeff’s progression … with great joy really to watch him develop over the last 12 months.

“We certainly saw something in Jeff and that’s the reason why he got the program to manage himself, unfortunately Justin Langer saw the same thing.

“This is one of only six jobs in the country and in a competition that is being widely seen as the second best cricket competition in the world behind international cricket. I don’t know that we’ll have trouble getting people to put their hand up for the role.

“One of the lessons that we’ve learned over the last 12 months is splitting the program has worked, it is a bloody big job for one coach to be managing both sides of the program and to manage it effectively.

“We would like to keep them separated, but we’re going to throw it to the market and see what comes back.”

Cricket Tasmania announces Men's Academy squads

any interesting names here (apart from the 3 highlighted who've been contracted before/played Big Bash)?

Premier Academy (South)

Nick Davis
Zac Elliott
Sam Harbinson
Michael Jones
Caedence Kuepper
Ben Manenti
Anthony Mosca
Keegan Oates
Zac Phair
Cameron Walter
Jack White

Pathway Academy (South)

Bryce Alomes
Ryan Borsboom
Jack Callinan
Jordan Cooper
Zac Curtain
Hunter Douglas-Wright
Tom McGann
Tom Murrell
Lachlan Nichols
Tom Pears
Luke Quinlan
Jack Ross
Will Sartori
James Scott
Louis Smith
Sam Voss
Jesse Willmott
Sam Wright

Pathway Academy (North West)

Toby Bellchambers
Jonty Blake
Ben Chettle
Ethan Clark
George Davies
Connor Dennis
Brayden DeVries
Logan Heazlewood
Jack Pearce
Toby St John
Alex Waasdorp
Alex Wynwood

Pathway Academy (North)

Cooper Anthes
Will Bennett
Angus Foster
Sam Freeman
Spencer Hayes
Julius Kerwin
Jack Manix-Geeves
Aiden O’Connor
Arie Schoenmaker
Charlie Skipper
James Simpson
Charlie Taylor

Decent two weeks for Tim David in ODI format in the UK:

10AUG: 140* (70 balls)
12AUG: 52* (54 balls) and 1/12
15AUG: 102 (109 balls) and 2/32

Capped it off with an IPL call up!

Louis Smith
Will Sartori
These two 17 year olds took Tassie junior Premier League cricket by storm last season.. both posting double tons and dominating for their respective clubs. I was specially impressed by Louis Smith. So much time to play his shots. Equally adept against pace or spin. Also bowls medium pace. Looks a natural if ever I saw one. Now he and Will Sartori are in the Tassie pathway.. expect to hear big things from this pair of exciting prospects. Others to watch include Cooper Anthes, Luke Quinlan and Hunter Douglas-Wright...

I admire what the TCA has done to further cricket in their state with its introduction of an Under 17 cricket side in its Premier (club/grade) red ball (2day) cricket program. To my knowledge Tasmania, South and Western Australia are the only three states that have red ball underage sides in Premier Cricket. Both SACA and WACA also have Under 13/14 & 15/16 age groups in their systems.

Last edited:
Decent two weeks for Tim David in ODI format in the UK:

10AUG: 140* (70 balls)
12AUG: 52* (54 balls) and 1/12
15AUG: 102 (109 balls) and 2/32

Capped it off with an IPL call up!
So why no Tiger's contract? David is on record as saying his future lies in Australian cricket. Wants to wear a Baggy Green.

Ben Manenti
Anthony Mosca
Keegan Oates
Jack White

Still no contracts list... or even any reporting/speculation of ins/outs lol...
[/QUOTE]
I have opened a thread on this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's on record as not playing big Bash and needing to go overseas to freelance in T20's no? So no point wrecking his knee further in club cricket?

Is he hoping the overseas franchises don't realise he is always injured. Local teams outside of the Hurricanes must have also offered him a pittance for him to not take a contract anywhere at all. Contracts probably not big enough to risk breaking down and scaring off overseas buyers.

Cricket Tasmania announces Men's Academy squads

any interesting names here (apart from the 3 highlighted who've been contracted before/played Big Bash)?

Premier Academy (South)

Nick Davis
Zac Elliott
Sam Harbinson
Michael Jones
Caedence Kuepper
Ben Manenti
Anthony Mosca
Keegan Oates
Zac Phair
Cameron Walter
Jack White

Pathway Academy (South)

Bryce Alomes
Ryan Borsboom
Jack Callinan
Jordan Cooper
Zac Curtain
Hunter Douglas-Wright---member of CA 2019 Pathways squad
Tom McGann
Tom Murrell
Lachlan Nichols
Tom Pears
Luke Quinlan
Jack Ross
Will Sartori---scored a double hundred in PC U17 last summer
James Scott
Louis Smith---scored a double hundred in PC U17 last summer
Sam Voss

Jesse Willmott
Sam Wright---member of CA 2019 Pathways Squad.

Pathway Academy (North West)

Toby Bellchambers
Jonty Blake
Ben Chettle
Ethan Clark
George Davies
Connor Dennis
Brayden DeVries
Logan Heazlewood
Jack Pearce
Toby St John
Alex Waasdorp
Alex Wynwood

Pathway Academy (North)

Cooper Anthes---member of CA 2019 Pathways squad
Will Bennett
Angus Foster
Sam Freeman
Spencer Hayes
Julius Kerwin
Jack Manix-Geeves
Aiden O’Connor
Arie Schoenmaker
Charlie Skipper
James Simpson
Charlie Taylor

hotdish

Neil-Smith adds further hurt to Head with a class delivery..

Hunt again the Redbacks stand out.

Last edited:
Whats the thoughts on Nivethan Radhakrishnan. How is he going obviously in the lower league this season

Tassie mens team seems to have had a bit of a transition/purgatory season, with so many injuries and unavailability.

Great win today, and looks that on the basis of probability, that they will play in the Marsh Cup one day GF.

Current table:

Tassie, 17pts, .800 NRR
NSW, 15 pts, 2.619 NRR
WA, 13 pts, .493 NRR

Tuesday:
WA @ VIC
SA @ NSW

Surely NSW get up and have the home final locked in. VICs win at home, we go through. WA win without a bonus point AND win in a close one, we will probably go through on NRR.

Maxwell, Finch, Maddinson, Handscomb and the two young kids opening is an extremely solid batting lineup. Pattinson is back for the WA game. Matthew Short a possibility to return also. I'm backing the VICs to bat first and put a good total on the board, so I don't see WA winning a BP.

Two Tasmanians in the current Shield XI (from what I can tell).

I doubt if local representation in a starting XI has ever been less than that.
Jewell and Wade?

Two Tasmanians in the current Shield XI (from what I can tell).

I doubt if local representation in a starting XI has ever been less than that.
NSW will take most of 6 NSW/ACT players back tbf. Well...maybe just Ward, Silk and Bird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back