TAS Tassie... happening?

Remove this Banner Ad

When's the last time north drew 40k against an interstate side in Melbourne? Or 30k?

Membership numbers these days mean nothing much.

I'd like to see the number of fully ticketed members each club has, that reside within a 50km radius of their club's nominal home ground. These as the supporters that should be "turning up" every week.

I wonder if stadium upgrades in tassie are on the cards. I'd be going over there once a year for a look.

Team first.

Stadium changes second.

York Park needs a major upgrade IMO. Ground is ok, stands are pretty crappy.

Bellerive was a mistake. Its a bugger to get in to & out of the area. Having a beach on one side & a village around it was a stupid move by Cricket Tas & the Government. It'd be nice to see a new build on the Macquarie point area right next to the city centre. Won't happen though. Takes too much thought from Public servants & a lazy Government.

News this morning that NBL boss Larry Kestelman has put in a bid to purchase the Derwent Entertainment centre, home of the old Tassie Devils NBL team.
The AFL couldn't care less I guess, but its a statement of confidence about the viability of an NBL team & also the redevelopment of the area which has been talked about for ages. The DEC itself needs a coat of pain or 3. Adjacent development of Hotel, convention centre, cafes etc have been talked about for some time. Being next to the river & close to the Mona museum complex, its a prime spot for some decent upgrading.

Tasmania applying for Provisional AFL Licence.

"It won't happen overnight, but it will happen" - Rachel Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back