Tayla Harris just got immortalised with a Bronze Statue....

Remove this Banner Ad

Just when you thought the left-wing media and do-gooders of this country couldn't go any further, they do. Remember that storm in a teacup earlier when Harris had a photo of herself kicking a football get trolled (most likely by teenagers) on social media? Well now apparently being a victim of online trolling is all it takes to be immortalised in a Bronze statue.

Correct me if im wrong, but Cathy Freeman doesn't have that recognition. Nor does worldwide Soccer star Sam Kerr who is in the top 3 best players on the planet. Theres a bunch of female athletes more deserving of having a Bronze statue erected as an honour.

But nah bugger those legends who represent our country on an international scale. Lets give this honour to a woman in a sub-standard competition that's barely being going for 2 years.

taylorharrislol.jpg

There are plenty of other female athletes more deserving of being immortalised in bronze than Tayla Harris. Standing up to online trolls gets your bronzed these days. Amazing.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can you imagine the hubris it takes accepting a bronze statue and people proud of it when people like Cathy Freeman haven't and having the mind set that you're the one in the coal front of change, sorry but there's many more women that have pushed longer and harder to have female sport in the lime light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can you imagine the hubris it takes accepting a bronze statue and people proud of it when people like Cathy Freeman haven't and having the mind set that you're the one in the coal front of change, sorry but there's many more women that have pushed longer and harder to have female sport in the lime light.
Who are you whining to?

Do you think Harris lobbied for it? Do you think she's going to take it home with her?
??

How do you not accept it? It's not like a lolly bag she gets to take home with her.

"Sorry dude, I want you to melt it down. Some losers on BigFooty don't think I'm worthy of having a big hunk of metal sculptured in my likeness. They're ironically offended by it, because they hate when people get offended by petty stuff. So as to not offend them, I refuse to take this 3m statue home with me.

You should do it after someone important that never threatened anyone's status quo and that will inspire future generations of young women to stay in their box."

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Is the statue the most elaborate triigger ever?

Clearly designed to hike up the triggering.

To me its not a statue in the traditional sense. But a piece of art and should have been presented as such.

On another angle, when did liberals/lefties get into statues in the traditional sense? Total victorian era macho rubbish

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Kinda stupid if you ask me, statues should be of legends of the game, and no doubt there will be female legends to come. Arguably there are some like Erin Pbilips, but let's face it, as it stands AFLW is nowhere near AFL in popularity. Perhaps one day it will at least get nearer. I fully support women's footy. But to erect a statue of someone because some people made lewd comments about a photo? Seems weird. It's no Nicky Winmar moment, that's for sure. But with the way things are going it's hardly surprising. Not really enough to care about either way, but the self righteous types on twitter etc shouting down anyone who has a differing opinion to them, or doesn't think what they're doing is just fabulous, is a bit of a worry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back