Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

That time of year already? It seems the football is getting in the way of trade talk.

We need to draft more cute midfielders IMO.
Whats a cute midfielder?

Someone with bit of x factor, sets up play, great awareness vision and decision making and a kick that can make a great outcome of those initial skills?

At the moment we are lacking something unique special. (Not saying i want these players, purely used as examples). Guys like S.Motlop, Brad Hill, Lewis Jetta

I've come to a conclusion that Bno1 doesn't watch much football.

You say Adams hasnt done it in big games against good clubs, but the OP clearly puts up impressive numbers. Even better numbers still for a HFF 'ey?

If there is a way on upgrading your team in Amy way you have to look at it and in this instance, Adams would possibly be an upgrade on Howlett and Melksham.

What do we need to get better to match it with the Sydney swans, hawks, cats ect?

1) Another year
2) Another year + small crumbing forward
3) a waiting decline and retirement from many stars of those sides
4) all the above

As Yoda is saying Adams is an improvement to our team and if hes walking then id like to think we atleast throw our hat in the ring, it wouldnt be with our first round pick, it would be with an extra tall we dont need and that the other team see great value in because quality mature ones are hard to come by.

Whether we have enough is not the question i am posing? because im not sure we do but you never know unless you have a go.

Do Collingwood have too many small forwards? (Fasolo, Krakouer, Didak, K.Martin, Dwyer, Kennedy)?

What do we need to get better to match it with the Sydney swans, hawks, cats ect?

1) Another year
2) Another year + small crumbing forward
3) a waiting decline and retirement from many stars of those sides
4) all the above

As Yoda is saying Adams is an improvement to our team and if hes walking then id like to think we atleast throw our hat in the ring, it wouldnt be with our first round pick, it would be with an extra tall we dont need and that the other team see great value in because quality mature ones are hard to come by.

Whether we have enough is not the question i am posing? because im not sure we do but you never know unless you have a go.

Do Collingwood have too many small forwards? (Fasolo, Krakouer, Didak, K.Martin, Dwyer, Kennedy)?

Each side plays to their strengths. We play 'inside' as our strength with high scoring from turnovers started from half back.

Collingwood's ability to create turnovers in the front half caused by there many smalls.

Geelongs repelling from
Half back and transition play.

Each team has there own 'style'.

For the record, I'd gladly have a crack at Adams for a guy like Melksham or Howlett + pick(s). These guys are entrenched in our 22 and would have some trade value IMO.

Yeah I wouldn't be trading for Adams to be honest.

If Trent McKenzie wanted to leave I would hope we would throw the kitchen sink at him (within reason). He would replace Baguley and I would be very happy with that outcome.

I don't think we are in the habit of trading draft picks anyway. We are natorious for being nye impossible to cut a deal with at the trade table and I think we would rather go through the draft to get new talent.

Dell'Olio... Please... He is useless at AFL level in my opinion and I won't be putting all my eggs in that basket and expecting him to replace Davey once he finishes up. He is far too slow for a small forward for me. I would hope we look at drafting Dayle Garlett and try and develop him into this role instead.

Most likely outcome: Essendon sit on their hands all trade/free agency period and do next to nothing and go to the draft for areas they think need improvement (midfield, small forward, small defender).

Adams replacing Howlett/Melksham... Give it a rest. Howlett is irreplaceable to our side. Along with Hocking, he is our agression and tackling pressure around the contest and is always at the bottom of the pack fighting for that football for us.

We defiantely need another elite midfielder. An X factor like a Griffin, Fyfe, Martin, Rioli, Wells. But they don't grow off trees and don't come cheap so we will go to the draft in hope of finding a player like this rather than trading for one.

Think we might be holding out for Jake Long in 2014 for this to be honest (father/son).

Yeah I wouldn't be trading for Adams to be honest.

If Trent McKenzie wanted to leave I would hope we would throw the kitchen sink at him (within reason). He would replace Baguley and I would be very happy with that outcome.

I don't think we are in the habit of trading draft picks anyway. We are natorious for being nye impossible to cut a deal with at the trade table and I think we would rather go through the draft to get new talent.

Dell'Olio... Please... He is useless at AFL level in my opinion and I won't be putting all my eggs in that basket and expecting him to replace Davey once he finishes up. He is far too slow for a small forward for me. I would hope we look at drafting Dayle Garlett and try and develop him into this role instead.

Most likely outcome: Essendon sit on their hands all trade/free agency period and do next to nothing and go to the draft for areas they think need improvement (midfield, small forward, small defender).

Adams replacing Howlett/Melksham... Give it a rest. Howlett is irreplaceable to our side. Along with Hocking, he is our agression and tackling pressure around the contest and is always at the bottom of the pack fighting for that football for us.

We defiantely need another elite midfielder. An X factor like a Griffin, Fyfe, Martin, Rioli, Wells. But they don't grow off trees and don't come cheap so we will go to the draft in hope of finding a player like this rather than trading for one.

Think we might be holding out for Jake Long in 2014 for this to be honest (father/son).

He could probably replace Melksham. Poor timing on the back of his great performance v. Carlton, but Adams is a fair way ahead of Melksham in many areas.

Taylor adams is exactly the type we need tbh very quick outside player good ball user

Must be a bloody good HFF if hes avg 24-25 possessions a game against the top 6 teams in the comp, god knows what he could do against the bottom 6.

24 possessions is the old 18/19 possessions. It is not that good, it is okay, but I want more than okay to trade a kitchen sink for Adams. Sure if he was 24 and 3 or 4 goals a game you would do it, but not at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 possessions is the old 18/19 possessions. It is not that good, it is okay, but I want more than okay to trade a kitchen sink for Adams. Sure if he was 24 and 3 or 4 goals a game you would do it, but not at this stage.
How many midfielders/ half forward smalls kick 66-88 goals a year - none :thumbsdown:

How many midfielders/ half forward smalls kick 66-88 goals a year - none :thumbsdown:

Some kick 30-40 odd, and those are the ones you trade for, not someone who "averages 24 disposals"...

Some kick 30-40 odd, and those are the ones you trade for, not someone who "averages 24 disposals"...
You said 3-4 goals per game

So really you means 1-1.8 goals per game

Hes played 20 games FFS, please go ahead and tell me who after 20 games that was a midfielder had kicked 30-40 goals in a season? please go ahead anyone

You said 3-4 goals per game

So really you means 1-1.8 goals per game

Hes played 20 games FFS, please go ahead and tell me who after 20 games that was a midfielder had kicked 30-40 goals in a season? please go ahead anyone

Jetta kicked 45 goals last season as a winger, now he is the type of player we should be targetting, not Taylor Adams! If we don't get a Rioli/Jetta, Fyfe, we go to the draft, it is pretty simple. There is no point drafting for B graders, they cost too much, and they don't drastically improve a team!

Who does Adams replace in our best 22? Logically?

Because Bellchambers is our number 1, and was rested this week, not omitted.

We require both Ryder and Bellchambers and Joey D will be a permanent forward once he sizes up.

The only expendable forward we have is gumby, and lets be honest, he doesn't have great currency.

And GWS won't want him after they sign Buddy.

If it cost us our first round pick, then I would wear it, but GWS have had plenty of them and I don't see it happening.

Trent McKenzie from GC is wanting to come home apparently. And being a western suburbs kid, I would be investing more time into him.

According to who? No word of that from our camp, seems extremely happy.

Just what we are hearing in the western suburbs heartland from family members. It's third and fourth hand, so wouldn't worry too much about it. I was mere making a point of who I would love at our club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back