Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

i think we should trade bellchambers.......

borat-not-jb.jpg

Well im gonna get squashed for saying this but the way hes tracking

He is pretty close already but certainly another year or two will be better players then Howlett, Myers and probably Melksham (In 2 years time if no serious injury has occured to him, ill happily say i got it wrong).

But i think hed be an ideal HFF replacement for Winderlich after hes finished (which wouldnt be far away).

Hes clearly ahead of Merrett, Kommer, Jetta types.

Winderlich could play closer to goal when Davey finishes and Adams takes his spot.

All possible positions he would fill.

Its hard to know exactly what else our team needs to get even better - the answer is probably nothing but will Winderlich, A.Davey still be around when we are right in the window and playing good enough footy (2014-2015)?

As Ben the Gooner said, stats don't tell the whole story. Adams (from what I have seen) is a hunter of the football, no need to deprive him of that by playing him as a deffensive forward (Winderlich/Merret's role). Pushing Howlett out of the 22 by a (potentially) better player in Adams would only benefit our team.

jezus settle down.

List management 101: Never EVER screw with good ruck stocks. It is footballing suicide. Unless Bellchambers demanded to be traded and he does, that will be the only time I will say "Sack Dodoro" because it is plain idiocy.

Unbelievable the amount of people who have said that Bellcho should be traded.

Memories of goldfish around here. He was one of our best performers for the first few weeks of the season, and his past month or so has been less than average. Can easily regain the form he was in.

Far out.

Gee if they want Belly they'll be paying a lot more than Adams.

Treloar yes, Adams, no. Would cost two arms and a leg for only a slight upgrade. Would only trade for a genuine mid, not another HFF/mid which we have a zillion of!

I agree, we're in need of another classy midfielder not a half forward. Gaff would be exciting but alas, still contracted.

Would love Adams as our midfield, while it has improved, doesn't bat as deep as the best sides. No way I'd give willingly give up Bellcho ...

I agree, we're in need of another classy midfielder not a half forward. Gaff would be exciting but alas, still contracted.

Gaff would command way too much- and he has shown no ability to counter a tag. I wouldn't mind asking about Jared Polec (BL), but again the price might be too much.

As Ben the Gooner said, stats don't tell the whole story. Adams (from what I have seen) is a hunter of the football, no need to deprive him of that by playing him as a deffensive forward (Winderlich/Merret's role). Pushing Howlett out of the 22 by a (potentially) better player in Adams would only benefit our team.
Where did i see he would be playing as a defensive forward?

Winderlichs been playing with at least one of Merrett, Kommer all year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did i see he would be playing as a defensive forward?

Winderlichs been playing with at least one of Merrett, Kommer all year

Still don't see why we would give the equivalent of a pick 10 for a HFF/MID, you realise these are dime a dozen and can be found ANYWHERE in the draft, lets not mention that we already have half a dozen of them.

Hille will retire after 2013 given he was basically retired after 2012 and was convinced to sign on for 1 extra year.

Bellchambers is traded for a midfielder.

Ryder gets injured.

1st ruck is..... Gumby?????

I don't know what some people are smoking but by Jebus I want some.

Gaff would command way too much- and he has shown no ability to counter a tag. I wouldn't mind asking about Jared Polec (BL), but again the price might be too much.
I think Polec wants to head back to adelaide. But agree, he's got potential.
Would love Gaff

Im not even going to bother with you

Why? Because I am not silly in trading away irst round picks for HFF/mids, they are not worth it. GWS had the luxury with a zillion first round picks to go for one that early, we have ONE first rounder. Lets go for a pure midfielder please.

I think Polec wants to head back to adelaide. But agree, he's got potential.
Would love Gaff

Would be a better option than Taylor Adams, although I would be hestitant to go down this road and trade first rounders.

Why? Because I am not silly in trading away irst round picks for HFF/mids, they are not worth it. GWS had the luxury with a zillion first round picks to go for one that early, we have ONE first rounder. Lets go for a pure midfielder please.

We already have a million pure midfielders

You wouldnt trade a first round pick for Fyfe, for D.Martin, for Zacka, for Dayne Beams, for Sidebottom?

Remember with how we are sitting our first round pick will be ~20

To get a player that has shown some sort of proven ability at the highest level is far better then someone who has shown none.

Ive never said to trade picks either, GWS will want players, probably not picks. Pick 20 would certainly not get us Taylor Adams IMO

We already have a million pure midfielders

You wouldnt trade a first round pick for Fyfe, for D.Martin, for Zacka, for Dayne Beams, for Sidebottom?

Remember with how we are sitting our first round pick will be ~20

To get a player that has shown some sort of proven ability at the highest level is far better then someone who has shown none.

Ive never said to trade picks either, GWS will want players, probably not picks. Pick 20 would certainly not get us Taylor Adams IMO

Fyfe yes, but the others no. The only reason I would pick Fyfe is we have seen how damaging he is ON THE BALL. I don't want to trade our first founder for a HFF/mid, unless his name is Nat Fyfe, and that is the ONLY one. Not someone like Adams who maybe gets the ball 20 odd times. I am sorry but our outside mids do better and they cost us NOTHING at the trade table. To get players, you have to risk and reward. The risk is way too high for someone who hasn't dominated games, especially for what GWS will want. GWS don't want players- they actually like GC have to shrink their list, not add to it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back