Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Steele and Taylor lead the club at the end of 2017 when Pendles has his broken finger was very encouraging. Co-captains don’t usually fill me with confidence but I reckon they can definitely make it work.
To me co-captains says club doesn’t know how to make decisions.

Adams would be a bad choice as captain.

With the emergence of Brayden Sier, recruitment of Dayne Beams, and Adams well documented kicking problems, Adams may not even be a first choice midfield player anymore.

With the emergence of Brayden Sier, recruitment of Dayne Beams, and Adams well documented kicking problems, Adams may not even be a first choice midfield player anymore.
You’re entitled to your opinion but I think there is no chance Adams isn’t best 22 if fit.

After his finals' games, I think there is no danger of him being demoted from the midfield, kicking problem or not. Cometh the hour, cometh the man, as indeed he did when it most counted.

After his finals' games, I think there is no danger of him being demoted from the midfield, kicking problem or not. Cometh the hour, cometh the man, as indeed he did when it most counted.
Yes correct.

As another poster mentioned there’s a lot of Tony Shaw about him.

He’s a far longer kick than Tony though Tony was better at hitting his targets. But not by much.

Taylor is now an absolute lick and leader. That simple.

The heartbeat in the team.

Just love Taylor Adams. He loves the club. He has time for the fans. He puts himself out there for us.

He may be future captain material - but we’d have to drop the nickname. A Collingwood captain known as ‘Tay Tay’? I think not. The ghosts of Lulie Street would rebel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hate co captains, would be disappointed if we went down that route. Adams imo will be the next captain
I’m not a fan of co-captains either.
Too wishy washy
Too Carlton

Captain: Scott Pendlebury

Vice Captains, Steele Sidebottom and Taylor Adams

Leadership Group: Lynden Dunn, Jeremy Howe and ? (Bring in the Grundy)

Five man leadership group seems about right.

I'm pretty sure Grundy is on the record as not wanting to be part of the leadership group.
Yes, that’s correct re Brody.

He’d be perfect but ofcourse he’d want to want it.

Till then, I can see Treloar being bumped up as an example.
I’d think there’s one spot left for a leader.

You know if Jordan was given the responsibility........ Maybe that works?

Yes, that’s correct re Brody.

He’d be perfect but ofcourse he’d want to want it.

Till then, I can see Treloar being bumped up as an example.
I’d think there’s one spot left for a leader.

You know if Jordan was given the responsibility........ Maybe that works?
Wouldn't giving JDG a leadership role be similar to giving it to Swanny? Swanny has said he gave it up because it didn't suit him.

Wouldn't giving JDG a leadership role be similar to giving it to Swanny? Swanny has said he gave it up because it didn't suit him.
Could be.
Don’t know how Jordan feels about such things.
He may like it, may be of interest to him.

Would be a big advance and win from for him from the reckless to the gold and black and white for next year.

(In there somewhere is a play on words circa 1977 Melbourne Cup and a cryptic clue to 1978.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back