Toast Taylor Garner: Cult Hero

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok then lets see. Like Wood both seem to have plenty to offer and rarely deliver.

Both Garner and Wood can pretty much be summed up as "underwhelming".

Garner even in his best year (2017) averaged 16 possessions and under a goal a game, Wood was ok, at best, last year with around 13 possessions a game and 1.2 goals.

Wood does have a career 2.3 tackles a game, that sort of surprised me (on the high side)!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You learn lots of stuff on here, like, Taylor’s mum has manly boobs and he was bottle fed as a baby..

Interesting that you mention this, as this little gem from the Garmer family photo album just happened to stray in to my in box.

1585878350924.png

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Very worried for a bit when I saw this thread up at the top, thought I was going to be reading how Taylor was out Saturday night down St.Kilda way, trying to chat up a long haired blonde or something
It is 2020. I don't think anything will surprise me.

He's become the second best Garner at the club, will need to lift to overtake Jassie.

Interesting they both have worked as plumbers.

They should start a firm: "Garner and Garner ... we'll sort your s**t out".

Do love both. Maybe with this layoff Tay will get his body right at last.

His body is fine, reckon it his head he needs to get right, whether he wants it enough.

Just watched the second quarter of the 2015 elim. Man what a quarter by TG. Great pack mark in the goal square, lovely perfectly weighted left foot pass to W80 for a goal and a superb piece of play keeping a loose ball in front of him until he was able to gather and shoot a handball to Boomer for a goal. No wonder we were excited!

Just watched the second quarter of the 2015 elim. Man what a quarter by TG. Great pack mark in the goal square, lovely perfectly weighted left foot pass to W80 for a goal and a superb piece of play keeping a loose ball in front of him until he was able to gather and shoot a handball to Boomer for a goal. No wonder we were excited!

Him and W80 kept us in it.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He's become the second best Garner at the club, will need to lift to overtake Jassie.

Interesting they both have worked as plumbers.

They should start a firm: "Garner and Garner ... we'll sort your s**t out".

I know they're both on your Hall Pass list but it's not even a competition.

Jasmine's AFL NMFC equivalent would be Shaun Higgins - back to back B&F - not a sporadic x-factor type.

Back