Recommitted Taylor Garner [extended until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

And to answer your question re Round 1, Curtis Taylor was playing out of his skin in the pre-season and his form deserved rewarding, and he repaid the faith in Round 1.

We've got a lot of depth at mid-fwd.

Now has retitled it now that he’s actually out of contract but seems weirdly interested in him

I haven’t retitled anything. You’ll notice mods do this to reflect player statuses.

I'm assured by the mods your post earlier wasn't injury trolling and as I am now a reformed character - you can ask Chief - I have taken them at their word that it wasn't injury trolling of a player I sponsor.

wait - so you’ve already had tried to get this thread taken down, for no apparent reason? And now you are tagging chief for some reason?

what a weird sequence of events in a discussion about a soon-to-be free agent’s value

I haven’t retitled anything. You’ll notice mods do this to reflect player statuses.

wait - so you’ve already had tried to get this thread taken down, for no apparent reason? And now you are tagging chief for some reason?

what a weird sequence of events in a discussion about a soon-to-be free agent’s value

I don't want the thread taken down, far from it.

Keen to discuss the player I sponsor.

Where did you think he'd go in his draft year?

Interestingly old mate manofclay started this thread last year when he had another year of contract to go

Now has retitled it now that he’s actually out of contract but seems weirdly interested in him
It's quite reasonable to raise interest in a player the year before they are free agents. It's also not MoC that updated the thread title, so if you have a problem with that you might PM me about the dozens of titles I updated at the start of the season, including this one.

It's quite reasonable to raise interest in a player the year before they are free agents. It's also not MoC that updated the thread title, so if you have a problem with that you might PM me about the dozens of titles I updated at the start of the season, including this one.
Lol not an issue with the title updating

just curios as to man of clays interest in garner a low profile player a year before out of contract

Lol not an issue with the title updating

just curios as to man of clays interest in garner a low profile player a year before out of contract
If I remember correctly, you started dozens of threads in the last 12 months. I doubt you had a great deal of interest in any of those players, so perhaps quit while you're ahead.

Did them in the year they were out of contract
As I've said, the year before a player is a free agent is a very common time to make a thread. Many players change clubs at that point, especially if they're "restricted" free agents. It is just as valid as making a thread about a player who is out of contract.

In any case, the thread will stay. If you don't want to talk about him, stop posting in the thread, and the thread will fall off the first page of the forum when no one is bumping it :)

As I've said, the year before a player is a free agent is a very common time to make a thread. Many players change clubs at that point, especially if they're "restricted" free agents. It is just as valid as making a thread about a player who is out of contract.

In any case, the thread will stay. If you don't want to talk about him, stop posting in the thread, and the thread will fall off the first page of the forum when no one is bumping it :)
Never said it shouldn’t stay

I don't want the thread taken down, far from it.

Keen to discuss the player I sponsor.

Where did you think he'd go in his draft year?

have only known him since his AFL career started, so no idea where he should have gone. On exposed form teams wouldn’t have picked him in the first round, but I’ve no idea how his junior career went.

what do you think his value would be on the market?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise North's first win comes with Taylor's first game for the year.

Three goals in 7 point win.

Seasoned football analysts have always known this bloke's ability and why North have persisted.

No surprise North's first win comes with Taylor's first game for the year.

Three goals in 7 point win.

Seasoned football analysts have always known this bloke's ability and why North have persisted.

sadly he can’t play the 17th ranked team each week.

good junk time goal though

sadly he can’t play the 17th ranked team each week.

good junk time goal though

He backed it up with another three goals, 19 disposals and seven marks tonight.

As I said, good footy judges have always known this bloke's talent and understood why North persisted with him.

One of those real barometers of footy understanding this thread.

You've repeatedly labelled anything you don't like in this thread as trolling, I don't think you've got the capacity to be objective on the subject of Taylor Garner.

Plenty of players get a second chance and come good under different fitness regimes.

Taylor never relied on the umpires to gift him goals in finals, that's for sure.

He took a pack mark and kicked the goal in a final when his team needed him most, glorious sunshine at a packed MCG.

Indeed, he's got one of the highest played in winning finals against total games played records I know of.

Taylor never relied on the umpires to gift him goals in finals, that's for sure.

He took a pack mark and kicked the goal in a final when his team needed him most, glorious sunshine at a packed MCG.

Indeed, he's got one of the highest played in winning finals against total games played records I know of.

Great memories. I'll have the same fondness looking back at Clay Smith, with four winning finals from 55 games against Garner's two winning finals in 49.

It was great to see their respective heroics, one in an elimination final and the other a matchwinning preliminary final performance on the way to a premiership. Shame those two players were cut so short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back