Taylor Gets Off

Remove this Banner Ad

Front-on it was, not from behind. That isn't a cheap shot. But by current standards who could blame you thinking that.

Abusing? I am just questioning how you could make such a statement. If you want blokes rubbed out for that then suppoerters shouldn't whinge about the way the game is heading. From memory, you have had two of your own blokes bumped in the same manner in recent years. Neither were reported and rightly so. Ben Cousing was cleaned up in Round 1 and Cloke rightfully was not suspended.

And you are guessing that Setanta didn't see it. But then again the MRP was guessing also.

I was simply questioning your description of "contested football", it was off the ball and only one player had his eye on the ball, not really a fair contest, wouldn't you think?

Baker cleans up Farmer off the ball - No Footage, 8 Weeks

:rolleyes:

You're having a laugh.

There was an umpire which witnessed it and testified on top of a load of other people. One of the dirtiest sniper hits of recent times.

What an absolute cheap shot disgrace it was - Baker is scum.

Editing : it was a trainer and :
Voss, who's still a registered Lions' player, told viewers during the game: "I did see it and, oh yeah, Steven Baker would hope there is not behind-the-goal footage. There was a bit of byplay going on and then one finished it."

You're having a laugh.

There was an umpire which witnessed it and testified on top of a load of other people. One of the dirtiest sniper hits of recent times.

lol, and Farmer was as fair and honest as they come right?

You're having a laugh.

Rubbish, all Baker had to do was say that he didn't intentionally make contact and he would have got off. Shoots your theory down.

What a terrible thing to say... I have a question for you, do you think Farmer is a nice bloke...this will be good.

thank god that was soft as butter. maxwell should've got off too, if thats suspendable why didnt they suspend matty whelan when he deliberately dived on nathan browns leg, and in the process accidentally broke his leg

So because he didn't see it coming it was a cheap shot. Also, where did you see vision where head high contact was made or whatever he did wrong. Show us. Or do you believe bumping should be outlawed.
Seriously. After sayng someone else is from another planet...:rolleyes:

Lesson 1 - Cheap shots do not have to be while someone's back is turned. For example, Hall's hit on Staker last year was a cheap shot as Staker could not see it coming and had no way of defending himself. Staker was facing him. Yes, if someone is not expecting contact, then making delibarate forceful contact can reasonably be classified as "cheap" so the comment is justified.

Lesson 2- Yes, footage was shown of the whole incident, and no there was not neccesarily head high contact. This is irrelevant. Bumping should not be outlawed, but there is a difference between a bump and a shirtfront. This has been the case for 150 years of football.

Lesson 3- Do not argue with someone by saying they need to "get a grip" or say that is is people like him in the media that are "ruining the game," As your own ignorance is impossible to ignore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fireman, you're an idiot. Contested football means you can give a guy a little bump off the ball to keep him on his toes.
And we're not going to take your word when you support a club that has a guy like Brendan Goddard who whacks someone in the face for no apparent reason off the ball and somehow gets off.

So tell me again about lesson 2, what is it you are saying? That it was a guess that something happened? Is that right?
No. Lesson number 2 should have made it more clear for you. FULL VIDEO FOOTAGE WAS FOUND. of the whole incident. At the beginning, they only had footage of Taylor running at him, then O'Hailpan on the ground. But one of the three football programs last night found the FULL FOOTAGE of the forceful contat to the front of O'Hailpan.

And we're not going to take your word when you support a club that has a guy like Brendan Goddard who whacks someone in the face for no apparent reason off the ball and somehow gets off.
Whacks a player who is known by league officials to be one of the biggest "divers" in the game. Also, remember that same diver in the grand final ring? The AFL insisted that double points would be used for incidents in the grand final, yet seemingly ignore Mitchell's coathanger. :confused:
I like Sam Mitchell as a player, but he is a known stager for free kicks. He admitted to as much after the Goddard incident.

Yes I have seen that. I ask you the question again.. What did it prove? Nothing.
Are you kidding? It proves it was not a bump, rather, it was front on contact. Should he have been suspended? I am not sure. It is way too inconsistant.

Whacks a player who is known by league officials to be one of the biggest "divers" in the game. Also, remember that same diver in the grand final ring? The AFL insisted that double points would be used for incidents in the grand final, yet seemingly ignore Mitchell's coathanger. :confused:
I like Sam Mitchell as a player, but he is a known stager for free kicks. He admitted to as much after the Goddard incident.

mitchell's "coathanger" haha, idiot. That was soft as butter. His arm was so limp it wouldnt have gone through water.

Noone ever seems to mention that as soon as ablett got the debatable down-field free, he was back up acfter rolling around like he had been shot.

And where did he say he dove? idiot, anyone could see Goddard hit him.

Just for arguments sake, Right up until his retirement, Glenn Archer was bumping people like Taylor and Maxwell did. A couple of times i saw him gut punch a few, yet he is seen as a tough man.... hmmmm

I'm still tryin to figure out how Harris didnt go for the bump on Friday night.
Cant work these pricks out

I'm with you. It makes no sense.

What was the reason Tails got off?

Not enough force to warrant a charge.

Essentially he was stationary, and braced for the impact of Setanta.

I wonder if Setanta might have better luck than Tony Shaw going for a run around the tan?

mitchell's "coathanger" haha, idiot. That was soft as butter.

idiot, anyone could see Goddard hit him.
I am not alone in this opinion...In fact on "On The Couch" last night they asked if he was frustrated and did he loose his cool? Yes, Goddard hit him I did not say he didn't. Glad he got off. He is killing it at the moment.

I am not alone in this opinion...In fact on "On The Couch" last night they asked if he was frustrated and did he loose his cool? Yes, Goddard hit him I did not say he didn't. Glad he got off. He is killing it at the moment.

way to rephrase. I just watched it, he said he got caught up in the heat of the moment a few times, but didnt believe he ever lost his cool.... and it was in reference to the multiple near misses over last season, and not in relation to the Grand Final:)

way to rephrase. I just watched it, he said he got caught up in the heat of the moment a few times, but didnt believe he ever lost his cool....
I stated what they asked him, not what his response was.
Anyway, I honestly have no problem with Mitchell as a player. Respect him greatly as a captain. But this whole thread just points out for the umpteenth time how inconsistant the tribunal is. I forever lost faith when Baker got 8 weeks.

It proves it was not a bump, rather, it was front on contact.
You must have access to new definitions for each of these I haven't seen. So you are saying we can no longer have a player bump from the front.

What is front on contact? What about tackling someone head on - how do you describe it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back