Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, excited by this.

Not the wholesome, country revival thing I expected. May be a more sleeky, darker vibe, which I'd like so long as it's more like Bad Blood than that dull shite I Don't Wanna Live Forever.

She's trying to be edgy but this style does not suit her. Average song, and what's with the font? Looks similar to Kanye West's last album text design.

If you look at the songwriting credits for Taylor Swift's new single Look What You Made Me Do, you'll see some surprising names: Richard Fairbrass, Fred Fairbrass and Rob Manzoli.

Not ringing any bells? They're the members of Right Said Fred … as in the British band behind I'm Too Sexy … as in the early 90s hit you wish we hadn't reminded you of because now it's going to be stuck in your head.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-...me-cowriters-on-a-taylor-swift-single/8843924

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so Taylor put her back catalogue up on the streaming services that the day Katy Perry dropped a new single
Taylor debuted her new single on the same day Katy dropped the video for Swish Swish
Taylor to debut the video for the new single on the MTV Video Awards on Sunday, hosted by (yep) Katy Perry

got her again! :p

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The song itself is s**t but its gonna get drowned in the build up and feud crap so people will ignore the crapiness because its gonna get jammed down everyones throats until we like it. Big tick to the PR mamangement and advertising squad but the product on its own is pretty rubbish.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
so Taylor put her back catalogue up on the streaming services that the day Katy Perry dropped a new single
Taylor debuted her new single on the same day Katy dropped the video for Swish Swish
Taylor to debut the video for the new single on the MTV Video Awards on Sunday, hosted by (yep) Katy Perry

got her again! :p
It's amazing how hard she works to do this s**t. I mean seriously I'm as petty as George Costanza but come on.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
This song reminds me of someone who saw Gwen Stefani transition from No Doubt to hugely successful solo artist and tried to emulate a style change from past to present without looking like a tryhard.

But failed miserably.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Gwen Stefani's cool edgy style worked, and she created a sound that suited her image and musical style. I think Taylor is more suited to the pop country genre and her feud with Katy is getting old now. Anyway as mentioned in another post, this song will do well thanks to her PR team

Gwen went from Ska to what she is now.

That's like going from being Steve Urkel to Justin Timberlake.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Is this Katy Perry 'feud' actually over something, or is it more like your standard high school drama bullshit? I keep seeing it referenced around the place, but have no idea what it is and really don't want to google the words 'Katy Taylor feud'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back