Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

She used to have a distinct sound that she can call her own, these first two singles are just her trying to sound like all the other EDM s**t out there

Still hints of Taylor in the chorus of the latest and the verses of the first, but I do agree that she's lost a bit of her 'sound', whatever that means.

Her sound is all about the bumblegum mix of country and pop

New edgier direction is fine, but this is just rehashing all the other stuff that's out there in the charts right now

Yep, sounds like something Rihanna could release.

I don't mind it, though. Country died off two albums ago imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too....took about 4 listens.

Yeah same for me, first time I heard it I thought she was trying to rap or something weird, and the transitions seemed a little rough, but now I can just about sing along to the damn thing...

The thing I find with music is, as long as YOU like it, who cares what anyone else thinks. Except for Justin Beiber songs. Too many of them and they all sound the same. DDDDDDDJ KHALED etc x 100.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Her two new songs aren't objectively terrible....but they just sound so much like she's desperately trying to jump on the 'trap'/EDM/whatever-you-call-it trends of 2017. They're not her carving out a distinct new identity, it's just blatant bandwagon hopping.

They're okay tunes, but coming from her they sound very forced and ham-fisted.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did you guys forget half of Red and all of 1989? She's been doing bonafide pop for years now. Her country stuff is pretty bad and she barely developed the sound despite giving about four album's worth of material to it. Every good artist realises they have to change. New direction sucks hasn't worked but the idea behind it was fine. Wishing for her to make a country album... if you like that s**t listen to the new Miley (which is surprisingly really quite good).

My fave taytay was fearless taytay

Yes, both musically and attractiveness!
(especially with the international album cover)
51y1aN%2BPRGL.jpg

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you think pre-Red Taylor was the best... I disagree.

If you think pre-Red Taylor was hotter you are an idiot. Looked like a country bumpkin hick who was dressed half by herself and half by a casting agent. Really, really bad. She became pretty hot in the last two years. I never found her attractive at all and now she's easily in my top 15 or so.

People who liked country Taylor, re men, is weird too. Seems a weird thing, like bronies, where they're all 33 and a bit too old and a little too serious and obsessive, and talk about it like it's Radiohead going from OK Computer to Kid A or something... and not, you know, just pop music and something to talk about, like, and discuss, but something serious and hardcore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back