Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Better to excrete 1989 outtakes than to waste the good stuff on Ed Sheeran and the Goddamn Door guy.

What does it say about American so-called empowerment anthems like this me-diocrity and that awful one from The Greatest Showman that not a single lyric contradicts the narcissism of their tyrannical president? For a start, humility and sense of irony are two vastly underrated virtues.

Most overrated singer of all time. The song is crap made for 10 year old school girls. If she is the biggest female star on the planet god forbid. Bring back the female legends of the 80’s and 90’s who have more talent then Taylor swift in their little pinky. I’m talking about;

Madonna
Whitney Houston
Cher
Celine Dion
Mariah Carey
Janet Jackson
Tina Turner

All legends with numerous iconic songs

Pop is dead if we have to listen to the crap that Taylor, Ariana and Katy Perry release

It’s just the same old music she has always done. Try something different Taylor as if you don’t you will not last another 5 years. Take a lesson from Madonna if you want to stay in this industry you need to reinvent yourself.

Most overrated singer of all time. The song is crap made for 10 year old school girls. If she is the biggest female star on the planet god forbid. Bring back the female legends of the 80’s and 90’s who have more talent then Taylor swift in their little pinky. I’m talking about;

Madonna
Whitney Houston
Cher
Celine Dion
Mariah Carey
Janet Jackson
Tina Turner

All legends with numerous iconic songs

Pop is dead if we have to listen to the crap that Taylor, Ariana and Katy Perry release

Madonna yes, Whitney Houston probably, the rest have 2-3 iconic songs at absolute best.

Madonna yes, Whitney Houston probably, the rest have 2-3 iconic songs at absolute best.

Lol 😂

I’ll give you that yes. In 20
Years no one will remember any of Taylor swift songs compared to someone like Madonna who people will remember know songs like holiday, borderline, like a virgin, material girl, into the groove, papa don’t preach, la Isla Bonita, like a prayer, express yourself, vogue, frozen, ray Of Light, music and hung up.

Whitney has Atleast 5 iconic songs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If singing was just about being loud then Whitney and Mariah lovers would have a point. And I'll pass on Celine Dion's best in favour of Taylor Swift's worst.

But yes it's probably accurate to say she's not as accomplished as Madonna (who has had her share of career flat spots btw, not just in film), what a failure. To my ear though they share similar qualities, including not especially powerful voices and the brains to overcome that.

Some people say music for 10-year-old girls is degrading, because they think being a 10-year-old girl is degrading. Nevertheless it's quite a misrepresentation to suggest this new release is indicative of her whole career.

It's been several days and now that whatever radio station we have on at work (I think it's KISS FM?) has played it twice a day, I'm still not into it.

But she seems to be releasing limited edition merch, and now CD singles and Vinyl singles (multiple pictures), so she's still raking in the coin. There's also a live performance of the song at whatever awards show next week.

It's not a bad song but it's definitely made for impact. As everyone on forums is saying, her lead singles are less the best songs or indications of the record, but more just about buzz: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Shake It Off, Look What You Made Me Do. All feature crappy bridges too.

Interesting how this was produced by Joel Little who did pretty much everything but the lyrics and singing bits on Lorde's first album. Must be onto a good thing now surely. Interesting how much he's ditched that sound that's now so popular (Billie Eilish especially).

I was kind of hoping for a 70s, disco-recalling record where she'd have some danceyness and funk. It would have suited her. She was teasing that vibe for a while as well with some of her outfits.

But apparently this album's been in the can for years and was supposed to come out straight after 1989. She quickly chucked reputation together which is why that's a little bit of a scatterbrain LP (then again so too is Red). If you see this as a continuation of 1989, makes a whole lot more sense.

Her last two Albums were winners for me, before that was Red, which was good but I rate 1989 and Reputation highly..
Don’t own her earlier Albums but they are more country music, which I don’t listen to much, other than my fav country singer, Maren Morris..
I still listen to the last two albums quite often..
Loved her Reputation concert on Netflix, wish I had gotten to go to it but was busy at the time it was on!
As for the new song, it seems different but similar to something from Red, I like it though! :)

Awful song. Sounds like one of those songs made specifically for a DreamWorks animated movie.

Also, what's the deal with every other pop song these days being a collab? How many songs have Cardi B, or Migos, or Nicki Minaj, or [insert mainstream urban artist here] as a featured artist? Either that or it's a collab between some generic pop star and a generic EDM DJ (Calvin Harris, Zedd, Marshmello, Chainsmokers the main offenders).

Also also, what the **** happened with Panic! At The Disco? They used to be big during that whole emo era like 12-13 years ago. Then I heard noting about them for a while. Now they're suddenly back again making lame, made-for-radio pop music?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back