Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
While not as entirely familiar with her catalogue as some others in this thread, my favourite (not her best) songs of hers would be

1. Welcome To New York
2. Red
3. State of Grace
4. I Forgot That You Existed
5. Style

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
I'm not very familiar with her albums. Style is her only single that I really rate, and I don't mind Wildest Dreams. The rest isn't for me, but open to one day getting it (same goes for Kanye, and for the most part Beyonce and Gaga).

ams4crows

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
My ranking list would change depending on my mood. But no way is LWYMMD that low, the cultural impact alone is enough for it to be much higher.

Gotta say that I love all her albums but Fearless holds a special place in my heart.

I think once she re-records people will realise how solid her debut album is too, people often dismiss it because it's so country and teen girly but the song writing considering she wrote it from 14-16 is insanely good.

Any body heard "The Lakes" yet? From some of the lyrics I've seen might need a dictionary to figure out what she is saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
She’s always been a pretty exceptional songwriter, I think her strength is in the simple. The over produced pop stuff is her weakest imo (which is all relative given it’s all fantastic stuff).

1989 is my favourite album of hers, there’s not a song on that album that I’d skip, I do think everyone’s favourite song and album is time and place stuff, her songs manage to resonate so well that you can generally think of time and place when you listened to them.

ams4crows

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
If I could only pick 1 from each album
Should've Said No
Fifteen
Last Kiss
State of Grace
Blank Space
Dress
Cornelia Street
Peace

Cleavy

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

it's interesting (to me) that the Target US Exclusive version of the album was the cover art version I ordered from her site. great minds think alike.

Top Bottom