Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude you're the sort of person who believes the hype anyway so it doesn't matter.

But she's contrived, was talking about running over ugly people on myspace at 18, and seems hugely false.

A grown man loving her no matter what is weird.
Lol I asked a question. Settle petal.

How is she contrived? How does she seem false? That seems opinion you're wanting to believe in the absence of anything to actually back it up. Like she seems nice so she MUST not be. Which if that's what you want to think, cool. Just weird is all.

Dude you're the sort of person who believes the hype anyway so it doesn't matter.

But she's contrived, was talking about running over ugly people on myspace at 18, and seems hugely false.

A grown man loving her no matter what is weird.
Think you missed the context of what she said

She said she wouldn't grieve over ugly people

Ugly being a term used to describe the bullies and haters

Really, it's people like you based on what I've read

Think you missed the context of what she said

She said she wouldn't grieve over ugly people

Ugly being a term used to describe the bullies and haters

Really, it's people like you based on what I've read
I haven't even seen any of this, but if we're going to hold people to account forever based on what they say on MySpace/Facebook when they're 18 then I mean really

Lol I asked a question. Settle petal.

How is she contrived? How does she seem false? That seems opinion you're wanting to believe in the absence of anything to actually back it up. Like she seems nice so she MUST not be. Which if that's what you want to think, cool. Just weird is all.
Nice condescending tone.

We all have nastiness and faults and she comes across as devoid of any.

Seems weird.

Nice condescending tone.

We all have nastiness and faults and she comes across as devoid of any.

Seems weird.
That wasn't intended as condescending in the slightest? If I thought what you were saying was stupid I'd just say so, wouldn't bother with subtlety like that. But I don't. So I didn't.

Well if that's what you think. But to me it seems like you're wanting to see faults so you're manufacturing some that you yourself admit don't seem to exist.

That wasn't intended as condescending in the slightest? If I thought what you were saying was stupid I'd just say so, wouldn't bother with subtlety like that. But I don't. So I didn't.

Well if that's what you think. But to me it seems like you're wanting to see faults so you're manufacturing some that you yourself admit don't seem to exist.
You said settle petal.

Don't try and be patronising then cover it up later on.

At least be a consistent flog.

Then again, you're arguing about how good Taylor Swift is on the internet so you're no doubt a manager at Big W or something.

You said settle petal.

Don't try and be patronising then cover it up later on.

At least be a consistent flog.

Then again, you're arguing about how good Taylor Swift is on the internet so you're no doubt a manager at Big W or something.
And you're getting upset about someone saying "settle petal" then resorting to name calling so okay.

Taylor is bigger than Adele, no doubt about it

Hmmm record sales would prove that Adele is bigger. Touring Taylor is bigger.

In terms of touring Artists the only one who is bigger atm would be Madonna and U2 but then again Madonna and U2 have over 30 years of hits and their Names alone just draw in the crowds even if they are not fans just to say they have been and seen Madonna or U2 just once

If you don't think "settle petal" is patronising, you're no doubt the sort of person who was patronised in high school.
Okay.

(That's my way of saying we're probably done but not wanting to be rude and just ignore you. All the best)

Hmmm record sales would prove that Adele is bigger. Touring Taylor is bigger.

In terms of touring Artists the only one who is bigger atm would be Madonna and U2 but then again Madonna and U2 have over 30 years of hits and their Names alone just draw in the crowds even if they are not fans just to say they have been and seen Madonna or U2 just once
I could be wrong but I think Adele is "bigger" because of her reach, middle age parents can listen to her with no guilt and love the soulful voice etc. I'm clearly wrong but I thought the TS fans stopped around late teens.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think Adele is "bigger" because of her reach, middle age parents can listen to her with no guilt and love the soulful voice etc. I'm clearly wrong but I thought the TS fans stopped around late teens.
Based on what I saw the other night I'd agree with you that you're wrong. So many different types of people all having a great time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that T-Swift didn't have a thread here already, so thought I'd start one. I'm actually quite a big fan of hers. I saw her in Melbourne on Friday night and loved every minute of it. She knows how to put on a show. Have been to a couple of her previous tours, and they were also great. Will definitely be going again when she comes back.
Nice, was there on Thursday night and I also loved it.

The screaming fans behind me may have bled out my ear drums but I'll definitely be going again. :D

Went on Thursday only having heard about 4 songs of hers and thought the same. Was blown away by how talented she is. The only live act I've seen that I'd put on the same level as Springsteen. I then spent the weekend actually listening to 1989 in full (amazing album) and then going back and listening to her old albums. She's an amazing artist. Exceptionally talented. Some of my favourites:

Haunted is ******* incredible. You'd listen to 1989 and never guess it was the same artist. Like, ever.

Yeah she is amazing. Personally I love her country music more but her pop music is still amazing.

I love 'Mean' so much, just bloody brilliant if you ask me!

All these people praising Taylor. Yes she has great catchy pop songs but she still has a long way to go to catch up to probably the greatest female entertainer which is Madonna.

Question is will Taylor still be around having hit singles in her mid 30's?

Madonna was having hits singles when she was 50 and has the two most successful world tours by a solo artist into her 50's!

Taylor has a long way way way to go

Did any of you guys have dramas watching the concert film?

Me and my girlfriend struggled to get it to work. We struggled getting any Apple Music videos to actually play, even on a heap of different devices.

I've seen about half of it through some loooooooonnnnnggggg and laggy loading times, but jesus, great so far. I hated them overlaying the actual backscreen animations over the footage of her, but the rest was good. Looking forward to seeing the rest. Oh – and how's her sass?!

Did any of you guys have dramas watching the concert film?

Me and my girlfriend struggled to get it to work. We struggled getting any Apple Music videos to actually play, even on a heap of different devices.

I've seen about half of it through some loooooooonnnnnggggg and laggy loading times, but jesus, great so far. I hated them overlaying the actual backscreen animations over the footage of her, but the rest was good. Looking forward to seeing the rest. Oh – and how's her sass?!
I downloaded it on the phone man. Personally I knew some people saying they have issues when downloading the video on the computer which is strange, at least for me, the phone worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back