Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

And finally complete.

Safe to say All Too Well 10 minute version did not disappoint. It's a lyrical masterpiece and the production is just *chef's kiss*.

It will be the favourite song of many more Swifties.

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

It hasn't wowed me
It hasn't grabbed me

I hope my tune changes listening for the second/third time.

Isn't this a bit OTT?

It's depicted as though she had no power or agency in the relationship.

And the kitchen scene, like these folks do their own dishes.

Did she have power though? Isn't that the point? She was 20 and he was 30 and from the looks of things he constantly gaslighted her she probably felt she had no power.

I thought the film was brilliant, it captures all the emotions of this relationship and then it's breakdown.

Nothing New was amazing, and my favourite of the vault tracks.

Did she have power though? Isn't that the point? She was 20 and he was 30 and from the looks of things he constantly gaslighted her she probably felt she had no power.

I thought the film was brilliant, it captures all the emotions of this relationship and then it's breakdown.

Nothing New was amazing, and my favourite of the vault tracks.
She was 20 and he was 30. So yeah, she was an adult, and a world-famous multimillionaire. She had plenty of power. Was Jake Gyllenhaal such a big deal?

I just think it's crazy that 11 years later, she's still stitching him up. The original song wasn't enough. Nah, here's a 10-minute version and a film just to double underline everything. What did he do to deserve this? People break up all the time.

Can you imagine if this was a male artist still dissing an ex-girlfriend 11 years later? People would be telling him to get over it already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was really looking forward to 10 Minute All Too Well. Only listened to it once but have to admit she got it right first time. I don't think the new verses add anything good and I'm not crazy on the modern production.

The Phoebe Bridgers and Chris Stapleton tracks were great, I thought.

She was 20 and he was 30. So yeah, she was an adult, and a world-famous multimillionaire. She had plenty of power. Was Jake Gyllenhaal such a big deal?

I just think it's crazy that 11 years later, she's still stitching him up. The original song wasn't enough. Nah, here's a 10-minute version and a film just to double underline everything. What did he do to deserve this? People break up all the time.

Can you imagine if this was a male artist still dissing an ex-girlfriend 11 years later? People would be telling him to get over it already.
In a sense i agree, Jakes still copping a battering over it but you also have to acknowledge thats not her doing.

He chose to date a 20 year old song writer who (even at the time) had a rep for writing deeply personal songs about lovers etc. Shes never confirmed it was him and shes not really in a position to confirm its not him so the public speculation isnt her doing, thats on us (the collective us)

In a sense i agree, Jakes still copping a battering over it but you also have to acknowledge thats not her doing.
I don't acknowledge that at all.

The song is a prolonged smear and now she's rehashed it 11 years down the line.

He chose to date a 20 year old song writer who (even at the time) had a rep for writing deeply personal songs about lovers etc. Shes never confirmed it was him and shes not really in a position to confirm its not him so the public speculation isnt her doing, thats on us (the collective us)
They were both adults. She had agency.

I don't acknowledge that at all.

The song is a prolonged smear and now she's rehashed it 11 years down the line.

They were both adults. She had agency.
Shes a songwriter, he knew this. If the song had been a smash hit hed be in the same position. Cry for poor old Jake all you want but were the ones listening and speculating and wanting more, shes just cashing in on it.

Im not arguing the agency or validity of the relationship (i dont agree with you at all but its a pointless discussion really) just that if we didnt care about the song and the story it wouldnt have gotten a 10 minute video. We are prolonging the smear and we are rehashing it.

Shes a songwriter, he knew this. If the song had been a smash hit hed be in the same position. Cry for poor old Jake all you want but were the ones listening and speculating and wanting more, shes just cashing in on it.

Im not arguing the agency or validity of the relationship (i dont agree with you at all but its a pointless discussion really) just that if we didnt care about the song and the story it wouldnt have gotten a 10 minute video. We are prolonging the smear and we are rehashing it.
That doesn't address the issue.

I'm not "crying for poor old Jake". I assume he's doing OK. I just question what he did to deserve having a private relationship dissected in song for 11 years and counting. It's a remarkable diss, and I doubt people would be as keen on it if a male songwriter did the same to a former girlfriend. It's OTT.

That doesn't address the issue.

I'm not "crying for poor old Jake". I assume he's doing OK. I just question what he did to deserve having a private relationship dissected in song for 11 years and counting. It's a remarkable diss, and I doubt people would be as keen on it if a male songwriter did the same to a former girlfriend. It's OTT.
Whats the issue? That Jake is being dragged? Yeh he is, you seem to be intent on blaming her, im pointing out that she wrote a song (as a 20/21 year old) about a relationship and recorded it. Jake being dragged isnt her doing at this point.

Whats the issue? That Jake is being dragged? Yeh he is, you seem to be intent on blaming her, im pointing out that she wrote a song (as a 20/21 year old) about a relationship and recorded it. Jake being dragged isnt her doing at this point.
And then she re-released it 11 years later in extended form, along with a video clip dramatising the relationship. So yes, she bears responsibility for that. And I question whether he actually did anything so heinous to deserve such a prolonged smear. If it were a male artist, he'd have been urged to get over it already instead of dissing a former girlfriend for a decade and counting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back