Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people angry she's using synths? I always found this fascination and defensiveness about her country origins to be bizarre. She has been a bonafide pop star for like five years. Red is basically a pop album despite it having a lot more 'normal' instrumentation but the fact is it makes no sense for her to do anything but out and out pop.

I do hope she one day makes a good alt-country album though, ala Miley Cyrus' new album. Such a shame that thing flopped and all publicity is being shut down. Younger Now and Malibu have a great sound and are pretty fresh for pop and her ability to weave in melancholy is amazing. It's a pity her eras are really good in terms of dedication to image (haircuts, clothes, colour palettes) and a great lead single that embodies it and then... the album just sucks. She has potential. Baby Talk is still up there for me.

rs_1080x1080-171107190450-23279723_777542925770459_8932444824968101888_n.jpg

* I hate Ed Sheeran, little goblin who just hangs around hot chicks. He's the pudgy, short ginger who is like the school kid who thinks being friends with all the girls is the way to sleeping with some of them.

Just noticed that Taylor Swift is listed as the solo executive producer? Is this the first time for her, usually she's the co-producer?

I think so, either way it might be just a title, I am pretty sure Max Martin, Johan Shellback and Jack Antonoff had heavy involvement in this one. They are pop gurus, rightly or wrongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** I hate Ed Sheeran, little goblin who just hangs around hot chicks. He's the pudgy, short ginger who is like the school kid who thinks being friends with all the girls is the way to sleeping with some of them.

lol

not sure if this is relevant

A really solid album in the first listen through. I like this new Taylor so far, someone on Reddit called it 1989's sexier older sister. I wonder what repeat listens will do...

I admit at laughing at 'This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things'.

Turns out to be such a vindictive song, the lyrics and bridge especially are great. I like snarky Taylor.

I don't wanna buy it so I'll wait a week, pretty much looking forward to it but it's becoming obvious 1989 was her amazing zeitgeist album. And who cares? It was great.

I don't wanna buy it so I'll wait a week, pretty much looking forward to it but it's becoming obvious 1989 was her amazing zeitgeist album. And who cares? It was great.

It was always going to be difficult to follow on from 1989. Lyrically deeper than 1989 imo and more meaningful but nowhere near as catchy.

We'll see how well it does commercially in the next few months...

So I'll save like 4 bucks? Pretty sure they were charging 30 weren't they? Insane. If I'm going to spend 20 bucks on music it'll be a vinyl for a band who'd notice it. I give her enough for $150 tour ticket prices.

So I'll save like 4 bucks? Pretty sure they were charging 30 weren't they? Insane. If I'm going to spend 20 bucks on music it'll be a vinyl for a band who'd notice it. I give her enough for $150 tour ticket prices.

$22 when I bought yesterday at JB. ($40 for the deluxe version with the magazine that I couldn't find/was sold out.) I think it's $20 at Target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back