Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Album is great. I like all the songs.

What ones didn't you like first up The Filth Wizard?

Paper Rings I was a bit errr at the start, but it grew on me by the time it finished.

The most meh one was Cornelia Street, but it wasn't terrible.

Bruce gets a mention too :D

Metacritic currently at 78 (I ignore user scores, let's be real here they are heavily biased by the rabid fans), it's about right imo. Above average, I can see why some won't like individual tracks, but overall a good album worthy of the current metascore. The Rolling Stone review is spot on for me personally.

On reflection some of the tracks are 'filler', would struggle to recall how they go and don't really leave a mark but overall much better lyrically and definitely a good addition to her discography.

I’m waiting for JB Hifi to ship my deluxe copy. Darn embargo.

I know this doesn't make it any better but I walked into JB Hifi and they had half a dozen deluxe editions left, no need to pre-order.

I know this doesn't make it any better but I walked into JB Hifi and they had half a dozen deluxe editions left, no need to pre-order.

that's ok, it will get here soon enough.

EDIT: didn't see any Deluxe editions at my local JB Hifi anyway, only the $100 super Deluxe Box thing.

Last edited:
Listened to it two or three times in full.

I really like it a lot.

Paper Rings really was a bit err at first, but by the time the chorus came in, I was hooked.

Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince wins the title for best name on the track.

Not sure what my favourite track is yet, but I really like a lot of them. Love False God, the sax is great.

bad angles?

From the same event:

https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fos%2Fcreatr-images%2F2019-08%2F6fd1a770-c505-11e9-a7c7-fa80dbbd5f7b

Don't understand the taking aim at Drake (was a bit of a light-hearted reference) but definitely took aim at Leo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd like the State of Grace acoustic version available on the Red deluxe edition then Cruyff14

love will have that effect on ya ;)

I've reached the stage where she could literally write a song about a satisfying dump and I'd lap it up unquestioningly. I listen to a lot of music but not many have impressed me with the consistency of her music and crossing of genres. Her first album is very much meh but Fearless onwards is great.

Dunno why I questioned Lover before it released. I believe at the moment it has the highest Metacritic reviews of all her albums so far.

so now that we've all listened to Lover in full, in hindsight would you have changed the singles that were released to promote the album?

- Drop Me! and leave it as a 'stand-alone' like Don't Wanna Live Forever - 17 track album
- Add Cruel Summer, much more representative of the album as a whole

That's about it. YNTCD and Lover are fine.

What are people's favourite tracks, and what do people think is/are the best track(s) on the album?

I think Archer is stellar. When it was released I was a bit err about it, but it may be the best track on the album.

I Know A Man I really like.

Soon You'll Get Better is a beautiful song. It's raw, stripped back and very well written.

Think You Need To Calm Down is my favourite.

What are people's favourite tracks, and what do people think is/are the best track(s) on the album?

I think Archer is stellar. When it was released I was a bit err about it, but it may be the best track on the album.

I Know A Man I really like.

Soon You'll Get Better is a beautiful song. It's raw, stripped back and very well written.

Think You Need To Calm Down is my favourite.

Im not sold on Archer, but will grow on me probably.

Me! is a song i really like. Upbeat, positive and fun.

You need to calm down, the chorus really captures you. oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhhHH you need to calm down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back