Taylor Swift

I am obviously a fan-boy but the fact she will be releasing two whole albums (the first of which is a favourite for Album of the Year) plus presumably doing the re-recording of her old discography this year is highly impressive (albeit during quarantine when there are no touring or PR commitments). Hopefully evermore also is gunning for AotY in 2021 too...

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
1607664200536.png

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
the physical CD is available pre-order at JB Hifi, release date is next Friday (18/12/2020) for $23. not sure if that's the explicit version? Comparatively it's $28 on the AU TS store.

I only want the explicit version so I think I’ll wait and not pre order, last time I pre ordered and it was though. I’ll probably be going into the store the next few days so will find out.

Last edited:
I only want the explicit version so I think I’ll wait and not pre order, last time I pre ordered and it was though. I’ll probably be going into the store the next few days so will find out.

might not have stock yet? release date isn't until 18th...

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Gold Rush has a cool flow.

Tolerate it hits way to close to home my god it's sad

Loving No body, no crime, that'll be a smash hit on country radio, also loving Yeehaw Taylor on Cowboy like me too

Dorothea, Ivy and Marjorie are all excellent

Is the production on Closure a direct call out to Kanye? It has his beats type of vibe. The production is Hella distracting.

I got to the end.

marjorie is unbelievably good, I can see why many are fans of the writing in it
evermore is terrific and showcases Bon Iver's range - and also related to me personally
long story short and closure are somewhat meh, maybe they will grow on me

Overall a stellar addition to the discography, probably just as good as folklore. Barely any fillers and some absolute greats in there, her songwriting is top notch for this one even if I think some of the production is a bit iffy.

Album hasn't grabbed me like folklore has.

Do really like Dorthea and Marjorie though.

Evermore is great until Bon Iver comes in IMO.

I'd rank the album overall below folklore but I like evermore (the song) - the tempo change has grown on me. It's also a neat way to represent a change in outlook halfway through the song.

Listened to the Red album in full yesterday. A very good album - probably 4/5 for me. Maybe two weak tracks on there.

Holy Ground and Starlight are great tracks.

And that opening foursome is outstanding.

I’d say opening 6 songs is like the strongest aussie batting lineup

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back