Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Swift and Bridgers released my 3 favourite albums last year so pretty keen to hear their track.

Also the 10 minute All Too Well!

220603521_377738237051334_5255828794809123216_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She has a goldmine on her hands and could easily do "Taylor Version 2.0, 3.0, 4.0" of every album. Like an accoustic guitar version release, a piano only version release etc etc.

Would have preferred them to be released in album order (aka Speak Now next) but I'll cop Red I guess :p

FARNHAM-JOHN-The-Last-Time-Tour-T-Shirt-3.jpg

I mean at least the song, probably her greatest ever is getting the love and attention it deserves.

I'm loving the re-records, I think she's opened Pandora Box though here, a few artists have done something kinda similar but not on this level. Fans are eating it up, plus new fans are getting to relive those eras it's honestly genius marketing. We always knew she was a savvy business woman but she streets ahead of all her peers in the music industry when it comes to this stuff. Could very well change how music industry contacts are written.

Will be interested to see the sale number she pulls first week for RED in comparison to say Adele's new album which is expected to pull in massive sales. Ed's new album (80k physical copies) and Lorde's new album (60k) barely made a blip, it seems with Spotify and Apple music and the dominance of streaming it's quite hard to sell actual hard copies of Album's these days.

She has almost single handedly put Vinyl records back in business, it's become a fun collectible for fans and now young people are buying their favourite albums on vinyl for display purposes.

Regardless of whether you like her music or not - you've got to respect the influence she has had on the industry.

If her only legacy is more artists taking back control of the songs they wrote and sung, then that in itself is a massive achievement.

Will be interested to see the sale number she pulls first week for RED in comparison to say Adele's new album which is expected to pull in massive sales. Ed's new album (80k physical copies) and Lorde's new album (60k) barely made a blip, it seems with Spotify and Apple music and the dominance of streaming it's quite hard to sell actual hard copies of Album's these days.

Fearless re-release topped 300k actual physical albums in its first six months. Red probably won't surpass that (Fearless had the novelty factor and probably invoked more nostalgic purchases than Red would) and it will definitely be impacted by Adele the next weekend.

Regardless of whether you like her music or not - you've got to respect the influence she has had on the industry.

If her only legacy is more artists taking back control of the songs they wrote and sung, then that in itself is a massive achievement.

Fearless re-release topped 300k actual physical albums in its first six months. Red probably won't surpass that (Fearless had the novelty factor and probably invoked more nostalgic purchases than Red would) and it will definitely be impacted by Adele the next weekend.
I think RED is a more Universally loved album and will do better than Fearless TV she is also putting in more Promo effort for Red than she did for Fearless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back