Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's fit he plays, if he isn't we can't continue to carry him.

He took contested grabs Monday night, that tells me he's feeling good.

If he's fit he plays, if he isn't we can't continue to carry him.

He took contested grabs Monday night, that tells me he's feeling good.

Wish he was given that mark that he took where the umpire called play on late in the 4th v Saints. I think he would have nailed it, would have made the game very interesting.

No one more enjoyable to watch play for the Crows over the past decade and certainly enjoying every moment he has in the twilight of his career, guys like this don't come around too often.

One for the anti-Tex dullards on this board, for which there are quite a few.

Also backs up what I've been saying for years, even last year, that he does so much more than score goals.

Also backs up what I've been saying for years, even last year, that he does so much more than score goals.

I have been fighting for him against idiots for the last few years. 2021 has been some sweet justification. One of the really good blokes too, love of club unsurpassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So out of that whole puff piece - which has less substance than meringue - this is the best they had?

He's taking far fewer marks on lead than he did in his prime. They've been replaced by a heavy diet of contested grabs and tackles inside 50. Walker is winning more attacking one-on-ones than ever before, his stats are 10 per cent above the league average of 28 per cent.

Lets not paint the pig - he is having a good year but his decline and end is near.

Puff pieces like this only make dullards who cant critically analyse happy

So out of that whole puff piece - which has less substance than meringue - this is the best they had?

He's taking far fewer marks on lead than he did in his prime. They've been replaced by a heavy diet of contested grabs and tackles inside 50. Walker is winning more attacking one-on-ones than ever before, his stats are 10 per cent above the league average of 28 per cent.

Lets not paint the pig - he is having a good year but his decline and end is near.

Your post is a puff piece then

He got fitter in the off season which is great.

Has always been skilfully and high Footy IQ. No one can be negative about this.

His issues have been around getting older and our substandard fitness guys. And maybe his own prep in this regard.

No doubt with Tim Parham on board Tex has been fitter.

However we have seen he still struggles with multiple games and needs.to be rested. No doubt he will be rested later in the year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 atrocious years wiped away by playing 5 good games. gr8 standards

Very maligned.

18-19 Tex either passed 40 goals or was on pace too plus most stats went on the downwards by a small amount.

They were a step down but they weren't atrocious years. Just average. 2020 was atrocious.

.. I really don't think you know what a puff piece is.

You're on the internet mate, google is right there if you aren't sure...
I was being a smart arse. I know what a puff piece is and that article isn’t it.

He’s complaining that an article which is uncommonly stacked with analysis and evidence (including video) is lacking in evidence and analysis. Give me a break. He must think all footy media is puffery.

I was also pointing out his hypocrisy. He criticized the article for lack of analysis but provided very little of his own. As far as insight goes, his post provided none, and the article plenty. He says he hates dullards, but his post doesn’t even make sense.

his real point was that he thinks people are getting carried with walker’s form and that he is nearing the end. Fine. I get it, and even agree up to a point. But the article didn’t suggest he’s got a long way to go. It explained how he plays and how that has changed a bit over time. It even pointed out how we need to develop the new fwds,and that Walker needs to ‘shepherd that young crop through’.

Luckily you arent in charge of whether Tex plays on or retires.

Get around the big fella. He was poor the last couple of years no doubt but we were absolutely dreadful as a team. Forwards get made to look worse if its not coming to them.

He has turned back the clock big time this year. He needs to be managed every now and then and not play injured but he will be super important to us at least this year and next.

The fend offs and unbelievable kicking/handballing is back!

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very maligned.

18-19 Tex either passed 40 goals or was on pace too plus most stats went on the downwards by a small amount.

They were a step down but they weren't atrocious years. Just average. 2020 was atrocious.
By Charlie Dixon standards 18/19 Tex is quite good...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back