Taylor Walker... how's he going?

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
I love ya Tex but you need to dispense with the fend off and ugly aggression tackles, swap places with Fogarty back in the magoos, and find some ball/goals.

Are you reading this Pikey?
You've made some good calls at selection this year but now it's time to make a hard one.

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ha, if Pyke is reading this...
Walker is a lead up forward, our set up is shiteness, with midfielders who wouldn't know what hitting a target meant.
Also, our glacial backline who make it oh-so-easy for team defence against us. Kelly, Hartign, Kelly and even Brown and Keath when they get the ball. Hurry up!
We need another marking target so Walker can lead as an option.
But, before all your individual player melts, consider if he got the kind of 'thank you very much umpires' frees that seem to be given to forwards against us.
There is a list of at least 8 players ahead of this whinge.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Urgently need to get Fogarty into the side and recruit a 2nd KPF

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
It's time.

Sydney game I saw what I saw tonight..He plays in slow motion.
That game he redeemed himself in the second half.

Tonight he didnt. He can beat up on smaller backman. But against good sized defenders he just cant break through with his size.

2017 I remember saying his retirement will come quicker than anyone wants it to.

It should be this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
He's been thrashed physically, mentally and emotionally.

I've been saying for a while he's overweight and every year he comes back the same way.
He played his best footy as a lean machine but I get the feeling he's done.

Hopefully retires and let fog take over.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
I've never been on the drop walker train but I'm thinking about buying a ticket. Had literally 0 presence outside of a 5 minute patch of tackling and too slow a disposal.
Meanwhile the Fog is wasting away in the SANFL with us trying to make a defender of him.

ThePrideOf

F*& the power
Aug 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think they ask the same “what do we do with Tex” question.

He defs looks cooked! Slow and ineffective.

The game has passed him

LittleCrowBoy

All Australian
Mar 4, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah....his time is up.
Young mans game.....and our season is cooked....time to give Fog 12 odd games in a row...and see what he can do.
Had your chance in 2017 Walker....and you did nothing then or since.
Future belongs to Fog and Berg .....step aside.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
i think the combination of his knee, phil walsh and captaincy has absolutely ruined him. but if gibbs and jenkins werent 'doing the right things' or out of form then you have to apply the same standards across the board. otherwise, players get pissed off.

hopefully he puts his hand up and says he needs some time out the main side. whether that is the sanfl or through some time away from the game then so be it. but we can't have our main big forward shirking contests. and his lack of discipline at times is appalling.

Sleight of Hand

Debutant
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Please Tex, youve been a great servant of the club, a fantastic leader through some extraordinarily tough times, but the game has passed you by.....do the right thing by the club you love and step aside....go out with dignity and you will be remembered as one of the clubs greats....its time

His refusal to put his body on the line is what really upsets me. You've got the 75kg Murphy who goes harder on the air. Completely unacceptable from the captain.

He can either stop playing the self-preservation crap or he can stop playing full stop.

Back