Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry Wallace was commenting on the radio coverage Dees v Crows.That he thinks Tex has a Glute injury.Inflammation of the upper buttox+lower hip area.And has trouble turning,jumping and doesn't want physical contact around the hip area.Might explain the Shannon Hurn thing the week before.

If he has an injury then how long has he had it for? So he is playing injured now? Should he rest? Should he be rested against bottom teams?

So we are better of with his poor performances since the middle of last year, then to explore an alternative forward line setup?

Should just change the thread title to:

"Should a player be immune to ever being dropped regardless of performance if one of the following criteria is met?"

Criteria 1. There isn't a valid option to replace said player with even if his replacement is not given an opportunity to prove they are a better option.

Criteria 2. If their poor play is not their fault and therefore exonerates them from any responsibility for their performance or lack thereof.

Mods please update. Back to the argument:)

Using this line of argument.

I would love to play up forward for the Crows, I wont do anything, definitely be a liability but maybe score a Joe the Goose goal and if I dont I can blame the midfield delievery into the 50m for my under performance.

gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
If he has an injury then how long has he had it for? So he is playing injured now?

So we are better of with his poor performances since the middle of last year, then to explore an alternative forward line setup?
I think hes had the injury all season.At least the last month.Has a buy coming up and a few more weeks off after that.

I think hes had the injury all season.At least the last month.Has a buy coming up and a few more weeks off after that.

What was his excuse for rounds 1-4 for his poor performance?

His performance against top 8 Clubs recently has been such that it may have been best to rest him now and give him the time to heal especially given we play Giants, Tigers and Cats in a row as he has struggled against these teams of late, so he can heal and be prepared and do well against the bottom 8 Clubs when we play Suns, Dons, Blues and Saints, where he will excel.

Last edited:

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

His only real injury is he is getting older and slower as does everyone, needs to change his game style, if he can be a stay at home FF he has 3 years left in him if he cant may aswell think of hanging up the boots

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Terry Wallace was commenting on the radio coverage Dees v Crows.That he thinks Tex has a Glute injury.Inflammation of the upper buttox+lower hip area.And has trouble turning,jumping and doesn't want physical contact around the hip area.Might explain the Shannon Hurn thing the week before.
I can confirm this area on his left side was being worked on during the match on Saturday.

gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
His only real injury is he is getting older and slower as does everyone, needs to change his game style, if he can be a stay at home FF he has 3 years left in him if he cant may aswell think of hanging up the boots
Marty thats just what Terry Wallace thought watching him play.

Tex traditionally has struggled to play this role of taking contested marks. By that I mean not the contested marks where he leads and the defender is behind him, but one on one and out-muscling an opponent that is not his strength. He cant do that so if his role is to stay as a FF he needs to develop a lot of strength over the preseason to achieve this. He is being bullied at the moment by stronger bodied defenders from quality opposition.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Correct me if I am wrong, but I sensed a very strong vocal Crows supporters presence up there last weekend.
It was massive. In fact I’ve been to a lot of matches here and various events and I haven’t heard a crowd noise like this before.
Definitely last quarter the Adelaide Chant was on and all the noise as one gets at AO for various moments but on a smaller scale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tex traditionally has struggled to play this role of taking contested marks. By that I mean not the contested marks where he leads and the defender is behind him, but one on one and out-muscling an opponent that is not his strength. He cant do that so if his role is to stay as a FF he needs to develop a lot of strength over the preseason to achieve this. He is being bullied at the moment by stronger bodied defenders from quality opposition.

If the forward line system is right, he can lead inside the forward 50, but if Betts holds back and JJ it could crowd that forward 50

If the forward line system is right, he can lead inside the forward 50, but if Betts holds back and JJ it could crowd that forward 50

I noticed a lot that JJ was presenting well outside 50m as a marking option so that would help free up the I50m space for Tex.

Its been really just one game for Jenkins 2.0 version so it will be interesting to see how he goes in the next few games. Cant pass any judgement on him till then. So far, its a pass mark.

IMO I dont think we would have won if he didnt play, with Berg hitting the wall so to speak.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I noticed a lot that JJ was presenting well outside 50m as a marking option so that would help free up the I50m space for Tex.

Its been really just one game for Jenkins 2.0 version so it will be interesting to see how he goes in the next few games. Cant pass any judgement on him till then. So far, its a pass mark.

IMO I dont think we would have won if he didnt play, with Berg hitting the wall so to speak.
Heard Jerka on the radio on Sen today. Spoke fairly well. Seems to me like he is playing to impress a few Vic clubs. Expect to not see him on the list next year. Seems pretty mutual. I'm hoping its to a club down the ladder such as a wb or melb.

Heard Jerka on the radio on Sen today. Spoke fairly well. Seems to me like he is playing to impress a few Vic clubs. Expect to not see him on the list next year. Seems pretty mutual. I'm hoping its to a club down the ladder such as a wb or melb.

I do have some concerns with trading him, unless the price is right.

We could end up with just Berg and Fog inside 50 for R1 2020.

Its going to be an interesting juggling act.

Would explain why is not moving freely or providing as many repeat efforts as usual.

If the case, another reason why he should be tested to get right.

Would explain why is not moving freely or providing as many repeat efforts as usual.

If the case, another reason why he should be tested to get right.

Imagine if resting him, improved him?

Fancy that. Instead of forcing him to play injured.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I do have some concerns with trading him, unless the price is right.

We could end up with just Berg and Fog inside 50 for R1 2020.

Its going to be an interesting juggling act.
Club might have their eyes on a sa forward up north I hope.

Crowboto

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wallace would know all about inflammation of the upper buttocks considering he constantly talks out of his...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back