Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit where it’s due...good game last night from Captain Tex, kicked 4 and gave off at least 2 that I remember.
Captain Rory-Did anyone see him tear strips off of a team mate in the last quarter? Never seen that from him before...I like it!
Which team mate?

I’ve had tennis elbow from funnily enough, playing tennis 4 days in a row some years back. It was a standard strain injury but my grip strength was severely limited for at least a couple of weeks. A tear would make it even worse than a typical tennis elbow.

Likely Tex has a mild strain type injury (hence the strapping) but a tear would make it very hard for him to mark and grabbing the ball tightly, and to play the way he did (possibly his best game for the season?) suggests it couldn’t have been a serious injury.

Also if it was a tear/serious, then the onus to make the call to play him is on the club medicos.

Big difference between medial ligament and tennis elbow.

Also not sure I see how “mild strain” = Strapping.

Given he’s not a throwing athlete, could probably play out the season with ruptured medial ligament in the elbow, just with strapping for some element of stability. Likely undergo reconstructive surgery at the end of the year to stabilize it.

Big difference between medial ligament and tennis elbow.

Also not sure I see how “mild strain” = Strapping.

Given he’s not a throwing athlete, could probably play out the season with ruptured medial ligament in the elbow, just with strapping for some element of stability. Likely undergo reconstructive surgery at the end of the year to stabilize it.
They’re actually tendons around the elbows. Medial or lateral it’s the same principle for strain injuries. Mild you can play on, more severe you need to rest them.

I’ve never heard of playing on (full contact sport) for tendon tears, are you sure?

I think Tex looks completely different when he plays with JJ compared to when he doesn't.

Night and Day!

I think we're a better side if we drop walker and play fogarty and Jenkins.

This season is dusted, if we don't get flogged this week, we will get flogged in the finals. Time to usher in the new gaurd. Jenkins offers us more than tex.

I think Tex looks completely different when he plays with JJ compared to when he doesn't.

Night and Day!
One thing which is clear is that we can't play both of them in the same forward line any longer and expect one or both to play as a traditional key forward on a consistent basis.

I would keep Walker because he has the ability to move up the ground and offer a connection when we get stuck in our D50 whereas Jenkins just goes absolutely missing wherever you put him when he isn't playing well.

Playing the both of them together in the forward line is the footballing equivalent of lining up against West Coast with no key defenders and blaming our midfield when Darling and Kennedy kick 10 each. It's already cost us one Grand Final, last year and this year, so it just has to stop.

I don't care if it's Himmelberg, Fogarty or anyone else - we need a key forward who can make a contest.

This season is dusted, if we don't get flogged this week, we will get flogged in the finals. Time to usher in the new gaurd. Jenkins offers us more than tex.
Mate, I hate to tell you, but all that JJ offers us right now is trade capital.

I'll be shocked if we ever see him in Crows colours again!

One thing which is clear is that we can't play both of them in the same forward line any longer and expect one or both to play as a traditional key forward on a consistent basis.

I would keep Walker because he has the ability to move up the ground and offer a connection when we get stuck in our D50 whereas Jenkins just goes absolutely missing wherever you put him when he isn't playing well.

Playing the both of them together in the forward line is the footballing equivalent of lining up against West Coast with no key defenders and blaming our midfield when Darling and Kennedy kick 10 each. It's already cost us one Grand Final, last year and this year, so it just has to stop.

I don't care if it's Himmelberg, Fogarty or anyone else - we need a key forward who can make a contest.
Spot on mate. For me the problem lies with JJ and his fundemental misunderstanding of how a forward line works.

If Tex leads to a bit of space, JJ half leads to the same space and creates the mismatch for Tex.
If the ball is getting kicked in long and high, JJ freely takes back position.
If the other forward is leading JJ is not laying blocks or providing decoy leads.

Bottom line is he is effective at kicking goals, but after that he's painfull ineffective, to the point where he disadvantage's 2-3 other forwards around him.

I'm not sure why this is a revelation to so many either, our best footy this season has coincided with JJ not being in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, I hate to tell you, but all that JJ offers us right now is trade capital.

I'll be shocked if we ever see him in Crows colours again!

Jenkins won't slow down next year like walker has been for two years. He also offers versatility. There's more long term in him and development of fogarry. Lynch offers more than walker as well. At least one of these three have to go, to allow fogarty to develop.

I knew two weeks ago Jenkins won't be here next year, he has had a falling out with walker. Bernice vince let the cat our of the bag. I wonder if the falling out is Jenkins now better than walker or had to do with Jenkins outspoken about gambling.

Funny that, those who do speak out on gambling, everyone ends up on the outer, ostricised by the rest, who won't speak up.

I was a walker fan, feel he's been through something nobody else has, when Walsh passed. Took on a Burden unrivalled in sport. Has been treated harshly by victorian media and the afl.

Vinces attitude changed everything for me.

Spot on mate. For me the problem lies with JJ and his fundemental misunderstanding of how a forward line works.

If Tex leads to a bit of space, JJ half leads to the same space and creates the mismatch for Tex.
If the ball is getting kicked in long and high, JJ freely takes back position.
If the other forward is leading JJ is not laying blocks or providing decoy leads.

Bottom line is he is effective at kicking goals, but after that he's painfull ineffective, to the point where he disadvantage's 2-3 other forwards around him.

I'm not sure why this is a revelation to so many either, our best footy this season has coincided with JJ not being in the team.
Not even this season - last year and even on 2017 when we lost games all of the above was on display.

If our midfield is totally dominating the opposition then we get enough repeat inside 50s to mask the above, but you hear every week - 'They totally dominated the inside 50 count and should really have won by 100+' - we don't because our F50 is a mess and we end up bombing it on Murhpy and Betts every week.

Unfortunately for us, it's a long season and our midfield can't keep pulling a double shift to cover for all the times we get outmarked in the 50 and it's coming home to roost at the end of the year now.

Jenkins won't slow down next year like walker has been for two years. He also offers versatility. There's more long term in him and development of fogarry. Lynch offers more than walker as well. At least one of these three have to go, to allow fogarty to develop.

I knew two weeks ago Jenkins won't be here next year, he has had a falling out with walker. Bernice vince let the cat our of the bag. I wonder if the falling out is Jenkins now better than walker or had to do with Jenkins outspoken about gambling.

Funny that, those who do speak out on gambling, everyone ends up on the outer, ostricised by the rest, who won't speak up.

I was a walker fan, feel he's been through something nobody else has, when Walsh passed. Took on a Burden unrivalled in sport. Has been treated harshly by victorian media and the afl.

What did Bernie Vince say?

So did he have a falling out with Walker on gambling or is that just your theory?

Jenkins wouldn't get near it if he got the attention Walker gets. And Walker is a true team man Jenkins is selfish, And has played his last game for this club, Now it's Fogarty time and should have been that way months ago.

Why would they have a falling out over gambling? JJ loves the trotters, Walker owns/owned greyhounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back