Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cops a hell of a lot most of it unwarranted. Sitting 9th on the goal kicking list, not bad for someone who is apparently having a bad season.

Still has a lot to offer, he's doing better than our other captain.

Still a good 21 goals behind first, which is not a small discrepancy - but that probably says more about the quantity of big volume goalkickers in the AFL more than anything.

What did Bernie Vince say?

He called the Charlton game on radio. Was critical of Jenkins at every point, was speaking s**t mostly. Yet talked up walker, blew his trumpet, a lot of s**t as well. Walker was staying at his house that Night.

When you have a falling out with someone, their best mate the first one to talk s**t about you. This is exactly what vince was doing. It was pretty cLear cut.
So did he have a falling out with Walker on gambling or is that just your theory?

It is true that those who stand up against corruption get alienated. Does tex like to bet? Well does he own businesses that profit from gambling?

How far down the rabbit hole would you like to go sir cap?
He’s a nutter

I take that as a compliment when old white men tell me this.
Jenkins wouldn't get near it if he got the attention Walker gets. And Walker is a true team man Jenkins is selfish, And has played his last game for this club, Now it's Fogarty time and should have been that way months ago.

Jenkins has More usable shelf life than walker. He's better for our side, that makes fogarty better

Walkers time has passed.

We want 200 games as a power forward out of fogarty, it serves no purpose if he has to carry walker and Betts.
When asked by Jarman if JJ would be traded or sacked, Vince apparently said "YES". So, two "eminently qualified" ratbags opinion for what it's worth.
What the hell are you talking about?
If posters think Tex struggled this year, wait until next year when he is another year older

GONESKI

Sad but true.

He called the Charlton game on radio. Was critical of Jenkins at every point, was speaking s**t mostly. Yet talked up walker, blew his trumpet, a lot of s**t as well. Walker was staying at his house that Night.

When you have a falling out with someone, their best mate the first one to talk s**t about you. This is exactly what vince was doing. It was pretty cLear cut.

It is true that those who stand up against corruption get alienated. Does tex like to bet? Well does he own businesses that profit from gambling?

How far down the rabbit hole would you like to go sir cap?

I take that as a compliment when old white men tell me this.

Jenkins has More usable shelf life than walker. He's better for our side, that makes fogarty better

Walkers time has passed.

We want 200 games as a power forward out of fogarty, it serves no purpose if he has to carry walker and Betts.

What the hell are you talking about?

Sad but true.
Did Tex run over your cat?

Did Tex run over your cat?

Tex has clearly struggled this year, we needed him as we didn't really have a replacement so the choices were limited

Even you would admit, lets worry about next year now and with another year older for Tex is it even worth playing the oldmanitis disease players as Elite Crow loves to call them

Tex is gone with his mate Eddie unfortunately next year

Taylor Walker has had a couple of good games in a row which is encouraging, encouraging because I don't believe he will ever be dropped.

I personally would have liked to have seen him dropped, I believe his captaincy has amplified his arrogance. As a captain it's his job to bring the people he is playing with together as a team. There's been rumours of him having altercations with team mates, as a captain this isn't his roll, to be critical is the coaches role. Taylor really needs to rediscover what made him a good captain.
When he decided to have a Twitter battle with Nick Kyrgios, he made himself look the arrogant fool the club had to tell him to shutup. Kyrgios is 24, worth 10 Million and a ratbag I know, but most people know him, Walker not many would know him outside of SA.

How far down the rabbit hole would you like to go sir cap

Can you explain what you are implying with this comment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 against the Suns, Saints and Blues. Don't forget the 4 tackles in that period.
Jeremy Cameron - 1.2 tackles a game
Ben Brown - 1.2 tackles a game
Tom Hawkins - 1.7 tackles a game

Tex - 1.6 tackles a game

Tex hasn’t had a great year, but he’s still our best forward by a margin and we generally look good(ish) when he’s up and about. Can’t help but feel that if our ball movement and delivery into the forward line was better than woeful then he would have been far more productive. He’s a lead up forward. Not sure how he’s supposed to kick consistent bags when we’ve adopted a hack it forward and hope for the best gameplan.

They’re actually tendons around the elbows. Medial or lateral it’s the same principle for strain injuries. Mild you can play on, more severe you need to rest them.

I’ve never heard of playing on (full contact sport) for tendon tears, are you sure?

Ligament are not tendons

I'm just googling here.

Ligament are not tendons

I'm just googling here.
Next time try and understand the context of the discussion, can you do that please?

Tennis elbow and golfers elbow are predominantly involving the tendons around the elbows and the bony part where tendons are inserted into. I was talking my experience of tennis elbow and someone else was talking about Tex playing golf. Either way, the point is that Tex can’t have any major injuries if he’s still be able to do golfing and play a full game of footy last weekend.

Jeremy Cameron - 1.2 tackles a game
Ben Brown - 1.2 tackles a game
Tom Hawkins - 1.7 tackles a game

Tex - 1.6 tackles a game

Tex hasn’t had a great year, but he’s still our best forward by a margin and we generally look good(ish) when he’s up and about. Can’t help but feel that if our ball movement and delivery into the forward line was better than woeful then he would have been far more productive. He’s a lead up forward. Not sure how he’s supposed to kick consistent bags when we’ve adopted a hack it forward and hope for the best gameplan.
Not to mention the goal assists and the quality of these assists. His field kicking is also probably better than all our current mids!

The mids need to win more contested ball and to deliver it better. Otherwise no point on blaming Tex or the forwards if our root cause is ineffectual forward entries.

Taylor Walker has had a couple of good games in a row which is encouraging, encouraging because I don't believe he will ever be dropped.

I personally would have liked to have seen him dropped, I believe his captaincy has amplified his arrogance. As a captain it's his job to bring the people he is playing with together as a team. There's been rumours of him having altercations with team mates, as a captain this isn't his roll, to be critical is the coaches role. Taylor really needs to rediscover what made him a good captain.
When he decided to have a Twitter battle with Nick Kyrgios, he made himself look the arrogant fool the club had to tell him to shutup. Kyrgios is 24, worth 10 Million and a ratbag I know, but most people know him, Walker not many would know him outside of SA.
Tex was only saying what most people know and agree, kyrgios is a discrace the way he spits the dummy, what about the crap that comes out of his mouth? And you call tex arrogant, I wish everyone in Australia told Kyrgios how much of a discrace and wasted talent he was. And who cares if people know Kyrgios more than Tex? Are you Victorian?

Next time try and understand the context of the discussion, can you do that please?

Tennis elbow and golfers elbow are predominantly involving the tendons around the elbows and the bony part where tendons are inserted into. I was talking my experience of tennis elbow and someone else was talking about Tex playing golf. Either way, the point is that Tex can’t have any major injuries if he’s still be able to do golfing and play a full game of footy last weekend.

Oh is that what you were saying?

I call BS. If there is a tear, no way would the medics allow him to play. Also how can he play a game that good tonight with a tendon tear?!

That was a direct response to someone saying he had a complete tear of the medial ligament of the elbow.

I reckon I nailed the context don't you think?

Walker has a different level of scrutiny.

He is every bit the player Jack Reiwolt is, without the Victoria team to play for.

Jack is considered a lot higher than Walker.

Unfortunately our capitulation in the GF is the reason.

Walker is 29, hes got probably 4 years left, hopefully he gets the Fog support he needs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back