NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

If every player voted in the squad, I highly doubt you would get a unanimous decision.
The worry is if anyone opposed doesn't speak up because they're worried about causing a problem

Go along to get along

Down the track though friends/acquaintances query them How could you possibly play with that bloke

There are no lingering issues with Taylor returning to the club

The worry is if anyone opposed doesn't speak up because they're worried about causing a problem

Go along to get along

Down the track though friends/acquaintances query them How could you possibly play with that bloke

I would have thought if there is a voting process it would have been done privately where no one knew who voted yes or no.

Go along to get along

Thanks Brett Burton

80% in Israel and still causing a world of hurt
Yep...and all Pfizer jabs. They need a 3rd booster jab to up the efficacy. Main problem I see is the health systems are state based, and here in Victoria the state government (and those before it to some extent) have wasted money on major construction programs instead of maintaining health services (hearing similar things about WA). They're worried the hospitals won't cope with an influx of Covid patients, so are arguing numbers have to be smaller before opening up. Personally, I'm completely fed-up with being in constant lockdown, and having had my jabs, would welcome some form of freedom (as per the NSW direction). I think a better comparison for this state is Massachusetts..65.8% fully vaxxed, around 1400 cases per day, 467 are hospitalised (~28 in a day), 108 in ICU, 49 intubated, 6 deaths per day - of those in hospital around 70% are unvaccinated. They have some good data on demographics of cases, and age groups (20-39 group seeing the largest numbers of infections).The question is can Victoria accommodate these numbers, and I'd say it could - but the numpty risk-averse megalomaniacs in charge may not wear it.

Nope, but Port Power fans did.

I wonder if it was the same Port Power fans that were laughing on Facebook to every story regarding Walker and Robbie Young? (there was easily over 100 laugh reacts to every story)

That's why I can never take any of their sanctimonious garbage seriously, it's all just fake outrage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you have your answer, not everyone is happy that Tex is back.
Theres always someone thats not going to forgive tex and move on.. and they have every right to.

But does anyone believe that if this was say Himmelberg or Frampton that said what tex did that the club would be going to the current legths it is?.. s**t no, they wouldve torn up himmelberg or framptons contract and emphatically stated that they will never accept this type of behavior at the club.

Same with Stengle at the start of the year.. if young tyson was an absolute gun with all signs pointing to him being the next eddie betts type small forward legend.. theres no ******* way in hell they wouldve torn up his contract. It wouldve been “we’ve gotta rally around him and do whats best for the welfare of our young player here”.. “we want to get tyson back to doing what he does best”.. blah, blah, blah..

Theres always someone thats not going to forgive tex and move on.. and they have every right to.

But does anyone believe that if this was say Himmelberg or Frampton that said what tex did that the club would be going to the current legths it is?.. sh*t no, they wouldve torn up himmelberg or framptons contract and emphatically stated that they will never accept this type of behavior at the club.

Same with Stengle at the start of the year.. if young tyson was an absolute gun with all signs pointing to him being the next eddie betts type small forward legend.. theres no ******* way in hell they wouldve torn up his contract. It wouldve been “we’ve gotta rally around him and do whats best for the welfare of our young player here”.. “we want to get tyson back to doing what he does best”.. blah, blah, blah..

Totally agree. But it's not working through the issue with Tex that is the wrong action. It's the bullshit crucifying younger players for optics that is wrong. If this was O'Connor we couldn't have sacked him quick enough and we've had been dead wrong to do it.

But does anyone believe that if this was say Himmelberg or Frampton that said what tex did that the club would be going to the current legths it is?.. sh*t no, they wouldve torn up himmelberg or framptons contract and emphatically stated that they will never accept this type of behavior at the club.

There are also players at the club who directly benefit from Tex being sacked. I.e. everyone of our KPF prospects who aren't named Thilthorpe.

So the vote was just dumb.

It is kind of worth noting that no one has time for the average player being a complete * up, and Tysons 2020 was a complete * up. Drink driving, then two separate drug incidents (which is a mountain out of a molehill in it's own right).

I'd have to respectfully disagree here. Tyson Stengle had multiple chances before eventually being let go. That said, neither he, nor Berg or Frampton are capable of the sort of numbers Tex is, or has done, over his career, nor have carried this club over some dark years - so wouldn't have racked up as many 'brownie points'. No doubt other clubs may not treat these sort of indiscretions as harshly as the Crows do, so there may be hope of a lifeline as yet for the likes of Stengle.

I'd have to respectfully disagree here. Tyson Stengle had multiple chances before eventually being let go. That said, neither he, nor Berg or Frampton are capable of the sort of numbers Tex is, or has done, over his career, nor have carried this club over some dark years - so wouldn't have racked up as many 'brownie points'. No doubt other clubs may not treat these sort of indiscretions as harshly as the Crows do, so there may be hope of a lifeline as yet for the likes of Stengle.
so..

if Thilthorpe got caught drink driving this weekend.. then over christmas got busted with some nose beers on him.. then a couple of weeks prior to the start of the 2022 season someone dumped a photo of him in front of a table at a party that had a plate on it on channel sevens doorstep..

you reacon the crows would tear up his contract?..

so..

if Thilthorpe got caught drink driving this weekend.. then over christmas got busted with some nose beers on him.. then a couple of weeks prior to the start of the 2022 season someone dumped a photo of him in front of a table at a party that had a plate on it on channel sevens doorstep..

you reacon the crows would tear up his contract?..
You quote a purely hypothetical situation, which most likely wouldn't happen, as most of our recruits are fine, upstanding individuals - especially the high draft picks (except for Crouch who we really didn't try hard to keep). When / if we draft a DeGoey-type as first rounder, then we'll see - but do you see that happening with our club, esp with Nicks at the helm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back