NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Some photos taken yesterday by Vince Coulthard who was happy to share of the lads visit to the McKenzie family property Yappala in the Flinders Ranges where they sampled some traditional foods etc. Fair chance Skippy was on the menu and for those that have never eaten kangaroo it's actually excellent if prepared and cooked right. Actually went to Central Primary school with several of the Coulthard clan.

Some photos taken yesterday by Vince Coulthard who was happy to share of the lads visit to the McKenzie family property Yappala in the Flinders Ranges where they sampled some traditional foods etc. Fair chance Skippy was on the menu and for those that have never eaten kangaroo it's actually excellent if prepared and cooked right. Actually went to Central Primary school with several of the Coulthard clan.

we've all eaten skippy. If it was traditional, there'd be much less mainstream fare on the menu. Think anything that moves and contains meat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess they haven't read Shaun Burgoyne's new book then. :rolleyes:

SB siezed the movement, quickly added content to his book on Tex before the release

No doubt what Tex done was wrong and it's been done to death however those that speak strongly about change they should also be reporting on what Tex is embarking in now....

Change is about turning a negative into a positive action, and sharing Tex's individual journey for the good of broader learning......

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tex is a champion who made a mistake. He'll likely turn that mistake in to a positive by the time he's done. Can't wait till he's back on the field in Round 4.
I hope round 4 draw is a home game for us. Could be ugly if it's a hostile crowd or location.

one off game at Vic Park. I don't think it matters, he's likely to cop a fair bit at away games. Not sure the first one back will be any worse than the second.
Agree but I hope the booing doesn't establish itself as a "tradition". Getting his first game out of the way at least gets the media circus finished before a more hostile crowd appears.

It will be interesting to see how the Tex situation plays out next year.

Agree but I hope the booing doesn't establish itself as a "tradition". Getting his first game out of the way at least gets the media circus finished before a more hostile crowd appears.

It will be interesting to see how the Tex situation plays out next year.

The media will half fuel it for his first away game anyway, unless the AFL bans them mentioning potential booing. Will definitely be interesting, can easily see it starting, catching on and taking off. The good thing is that I'm sure Tex and the club is prepared for the worst.

Tex is a champion who made a mistake. He'll likely turn that mistake in to a positive by the time he's done. Can't wait till he's back on the field in Round 4.
Tex is a racist who didn't realise it. Like a lot of us. He has surely now learned some truths and is doing everything he can to recognise racism before it comes out his mouth. Lets not support this "he just made a mistake" narrative, it's not great. I also cannot wait until he is back on the field in Round 4 :)

Tex is a racist who didn't realise it. Like a lot of us. He has surely now learned some truths and is doing everything he can to recognise racism before it comes out his mouth. Lets not support this "he just made a mistake" narrative, it's not great. I also cannot wait until he is back on the field in Round 4 :)
Disagree, he made a racist comment....to my knowledge there had been no previous evidence of Tex having long term racist tendencies at all? In fact just the opposite would appear to be the case looking at it as an outsider given how well he got on with our indigenous lads prior to his indiscretion.
You know of any other instances? Everyone is guilty of saying something in the heat of the moment they wish they could take back.

Disagree, he made a racist comment....to my knowledge there had been no previous evidence of Tex having long term racist tendencies at all? In fact just the opposite would appear to be the case looking at it as an outsider given how well he got on with our indigenous lads prior to his indiscretion.
You know of any other instances? Everyone is guilty of saying something in the heat of the moment they wish they could take back.
I hear what you are saying Bicks but that is part of the problem. "Getting along with our indigenous lads", 'heat of the moment" ... that is the stuff we need to get past.

Racists say racist things. We all need to accept that ALL racism needs to be stamped out. Casual racism still hurts mate.

I'm including myself in this. I have worked in indigenous communities - done a lot of work in this space, it takes effort to understand how much something that we might see as "small" damages people. Even the smallest step into the racism arena is not ok.

I love that Tex has owned it, that he appears to be doing the hard yards. It is the only way forward ... for ALL of us.

yeah look i don't doubt he is contrite and wants to make a change in himself for the better but you don't just come out with something like that in the heat of the moment out of nowhere in complete isolation

would have 100% said something or resorted to something in the past and hasn't be called out on, or hasn't been called out on it publicly

like everyone here, I've been frustrated, annoyed, used pejoratives, on either the footy field or in general life, and I can honestly say I haven't resorted to those kind of words since I was a teenager - it takes a bit of effort to remove that stuff from your lexicon if it has made it there in the first place and Tex clearly hadn't made that effort yet

looks like he is on his way now, but in reality, that's the bare minimum required

I hope round 4 draw is a home game for us. Could be ugly if it's a hostile crowd or location.
it should be… we had a round 1 home game this year so it should be ports turn next year.. they normally alternate..

which would mean round 2 and then round 4 would be home games for us..

you watch.. AFL will probably make the first showdown of the year in round 4 just to add even more spice to tex’s return game!..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back