NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate WTF are you on about. I'm not try to position myself as anything. But if it builds your self esteem having a crack, go tell your friends (providing you have any) that you showed this bloke on Big Footy this afternoon. Clap Clap Winner

sure. That’s fair

If that’s the case, where are these murmurs coming from?

I think you’re showing an astounding lack of insight. You think that media pressure has forced indigenous AFL players to over-react? Like they have no agency in this.

And we DO know how the indigenous teammates feel about it. Read Sloane’s recent comments.

Sorry, I just had to respond to this piece right here. Look bro, I don't know anything about you but I'd hazard a good guess that I have about 1000 times more experience in dealing with people of diverse backgrounds, owing to the fact that I grew up in a city that is about 1000 times more diverse than yours. Add to that the fact that I've actually asked black friends about the N-word and how much it affects them and based upon those conversations I feel pretty good about my assessment.

For more evidence, go to page 108 on this thread and read the 2nd posting by John Who where he mentions specifically talking to some Indigenous friends and asking how much this affects them.

I'm sure you probably didn't mean to come off so callously, but maybe next time check your post before posting it.

Sorry, I just had to respond to this piece right here. Look bro, I don't know anything about you but I'd hazard a good guess that I have about 1000 times more experience in dealing with people of diverse backgrounds, owing to the fact that I grew up in a city that is about 1000 times more diverse than yours. Add to that the fact that I've actually asked black friends about the N-word and how much it affects them and based upon those conversations I feel pretty good about my assessment.

For more evidence, go to page 108 on this thread and read the 2nd posting by John Who where he mentions specifically talking to some Indigenous friends and asking how much this affects them.

I'm sure you probably didn't mean to come off so callously, but maybe next time check your post before posting it.

hey there lacrow

You feel that your own lived experience (I’d hazard a guess you’re not talking about growing up in Sydney?🤔), gives you insight into how indigenous Australians feel about racism in Australia and the AFL in particular? You’ve spoken to some black friends about the N word have you? Good for you.

I see you’ve made a few assumptions about my experience, of which you know nothing about. The only assumption I’ll make is that you’re not an indigenous Australian.

If you’re asserting that the US experience is the same as Australia’s, you’re way off the mark.

Your post shows a lack of insight because you’ve said that indigenous Australian players have been manipulated into speaking out by the media, and inferred that they don’t have the agency to tell others how it affects them.

Just because you grew up in a diverse society with your non-white friends doesn’t give you the right to question what indigenous Australians have said about how racism affects them. To infer that their reaction is not genuine because the nasty press probably made them say it is pretty offensive. How about asking Eddie Betts if he think the press manipulated him into speaking.

You’re just another person telling indigenous Australians how to feel about racism.

cheers, Bro.

Last edited:
hey there lacrow

You feel that your own lived experience (I’d hazard a guess you’re not talking about growing up in Sydney?🤔), gives you insight into how indigenous Australians feel about racism in Australia and the AFL in particular? You’ve spoken to some black friends about the N word have you? Good for you.

I see you’ve made a few assumptions about my experience, of which you know nothing about. The only assumption I’ll make is that you’re not an indigenous Australian.

If you’re asserting that the US experience is the same as Australia’s, you’re way off the mark.

Your post shows a lack of insight because you’ve said that indigenous Australian players have been manipulated into speaking out by the media, and inferred that they don’t have the agency to tell others how it affects them.

Just because you grew up in a diverse society with your non-white friends doesn’t give you the right to question what indigenous Australians have said about how racism affects them. To infer that their reaction is not genuine because the nasty press probably made them say it is pretty offensive. How about asking Eddie Betts if he think the press manipulated him into speaking.

You’re just another person telling indigenous Australians how to feel about racism.

cheers, Bro.
This!!

Good I'm pleased you don't.

People not only want their pound of flesh from Taylor they want to dance on his skeleton.

He could have done no more than he has at this point in his journey.
So exactly WHAT has Walker done - other than that embarrassing interview when Young was consoling him???? Love to hear from you!!!

hey there lacrow

cheers, Bro.

Brother you are completely confused. Let me be clear:

What was saying is that we don’t really know what the true reaction of all the indigenous players is. Some might be angry and some might not be that upset. And that is a fact. Not every indigenous person is going to be as upset as Eddie was. Go look at the recent episode of Yokayi Footy. Darryl was super pissed off because it obviously brought up some bad memories. Tony Armstrong on the other hand didn’t look that bothered.

In fact i could just as easily say that YOU are the one who thinks they have no agency by assuming they are all reacting as one unit or they are all so weak that they can’t just brush this off.

Now don’t get me wrong I am not saying that’s what you think or meant. Im just pointing out that you took my statements and made a huge leap of interpretation about what I was saying and also my ability to have insight into the issue.

I’ve been through this kind of thing many many times here in the US. We have had a far longer experience of trying to deal with racism than most countries out there. (Obviously we are not perfect in this regard)

And yes, the media DOES look for the loudest voices, the most hurt voices. Doesn’t mean those people aren’t being genuine but it also does create an environment where people think they MUST talk About things in a certain way, regardless of how they feel privately. Look at Sloane’s comments. “The whole club is hurting”. It’s a completely cliche statement.

If you think there is no peer pressure involved in this, I just disagree. But that does not mean they have no agency just because they don’t want to deal with more drama. We are all human.

And finally as regards the US experience and it’s relevance let me just say this. I lived in Melbourne for 3 years so I’ve experienced your country better than a lot of people. Australia is an amazing place and the people are awesome. I still have a ton of friends down there and if I couldn’t live here Australia would be my first alternative. But it is also the country most like the US, outside of Canada.

The experience of your aborigines is almost exactly the same as our native Americans, right down to genocide, putting them on reservations, taking their children away to raise them in white society. I literally couldn’t think of another country where the situation and the history was so similar. Another example, we have cowboys and you have jackeroos but they are essentially the same thing. You started off as a penal colony and so did many of our states like Georgia. So no, I’m actually not that far off base.

But what I DO see is a bunch of misplaced white guilt and virtue-signalling that is (at least from what I read on here) being used to destroy Tex in order to sell advertising space.

Again I will reiterate, if the club wants to fire him then I am fine with that because that’s what would normally happen to any of us in this situation. What he did was 100% wrong and there should be consequences.

But a a certain point you’re going to far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was saying is that we don’t really know what the true reaction of all the indigenous players is. Some might be angry and some might not be that upset. And that is a fact. Not every indigenous person is going to be as upset as Eddie was. Go look at the recent episode of Yokayi Footy. Darryl was super pissed off because it obviously brought up some bad memories. Tony Armstrong on the other hand didn’t look that bothered.

No, we do know. They’ve told us. Repeatedly. We should listen, not rationalise, question, qualify or demur.

Tony didn’t look bothered?

Where did Optus say that was reason for pulling their sponsorship exactly?

So you've gone past Tex making a one off racist comment we know about to him being a racist now it appears from this comment?
I'd say it's more likely to do with their financial results. The half year to 31/5/21 says they've lost $181M, compared to a profit of $167M last half year. Singtel can be pretty ruthless with their subsidiaries, and they'd want solid results if they are to continue sponsorship deals.

I'd say it's more likely to do with their financial results. The half year to 31/5/21 says they've lost $181M, compared to a profit of $167M last half year. Singtel can be pretty ruthless with their subsidiaries, and they'd want solid results if they are to continue sponsorship deals.
I did mention that somewhere I think i.e how's their shares going.

I wonder how much their Premier League deal is costing them. They were too clever by half. Visionary in that they did what the Stans, Paramounts etc are now starting to do.

But they're a telco, not a streaming service. If Kayo couldn't make it work, with all their infrastructure and customer base across all sports, how would Optus with just one sport.

I wonder how much their Premier League deal is costing them. They were too clever by half. Visionary in that they did what the Stans, Paramounts etc are now starting to do.

But they're a telco, not a streaming service. If Kayo couldn't make it work, with all their infrastructure and customer base across all sports, how would Optus with just one sport.

I keep forgetting Optus Sports is a thing to be honest - given it has a couple of soccer leagues and nothing else these days.

No, we do know. They’ve told us. Repeatedly. We should listen, not rationalise, question, qualify or demur.

Tony didn’t look bothered?

Honestly in the clip I watched he didn’t. And maybe Tony is a bad example because he is friends with Tex.

Heres a quote from Andrew Krakouer for example:
But Krakouer earlier this week told SEN that education is more important than punishment.

“People are saying that Taylor (Walker’s) contract should be ripped up, but I don’t think that should be the case.

“People make mistakes and I’m certainly one that has done that, you have to give people an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and be better.

“Taylor has a fair way to be able to come back, but he needs to get that support.”

But again I never said what he did was right or that some people weren’t very disturbed by it (like Eddie Betts for example). I just said that there are many different reactions.

But I think you’re missing the main point of what I’m saying. My main point all along has been that there is no direct evidence that Tex is a real racist just because he said something so stupid, and that the media was on a witch-hunt because it’s good for business. That’s all.

Last edited:
He’s returning back to the club this week. A lot of people presume through media he’s not playing next year.

Still seems to early for that call. I'd like him to give it a few more weeks.

In some ways I think it's too soon to return to the club but after Sunday's match it's possible not all the players and officials will be in the same place at the same time so maybe its best to go in and get it out the way.

In some ways I think it's too soon to return to the club but after Sunday's match it's possible not all the players and officials will be in the same place at the same time so maybe its best to go in and get it out the way.
The idea is to have him back around the club before presentation night. This when he’s likely to front the media.

If Tex is going to retire and announce it this week, it's bad timing.
I wouldn't like to see his announcement take anything away from Lynch and Talia on their last day. They deserve some clear air as they retire.

The idea is to have him back around the club before presentation night. This when he’s likely to front the media.
Didnt he go back “home” home to Broken Hill??..

I thought I saw that meantioned somewhere in the media or by nicksy in one of his pressers?..

if so.. he would need to do two weeks hotel quarantine in SA as he is coming from NSW right?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back