NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm genuinely happy he is going to play on.

I despise racism and was both shocked and upset at what Tex did. He has been severely penalised by this already, and it will continue.

Tex deserves to be given an opportunity to end his career on a better note though. I'm hopeful that 2022, despite what will no doubt be poor behaviour from a few nuffies in crowds, Tex gets to go out by performing well.

I'm hopeful that we will find out that Tex has not just apologised and moved on, but that his actions over summer will demonstrate his absolute commitment to be better. If he does, he could turn this whole episode into a positive of sorts. I just hope his commitment is real, and he gets great advice.

You quote a purely hypothetical situation, which most likely wouldn't happen, as most of our recruits are fine, upstanding individuals - especially the high draft picks (except for Crouch who we really didn't try hard to keep). When / if we draft a DeGoey-type as first rounder, then we'll see - but do you see that happening with our club, esp with Nicks at the helm?
I wouldn't presume what our players get up to in their own time as none of us know. Often the less suspecting types are the biggest party animals off the field.

Speciesism - this world, the atrocities overlooked for hyped up media stories like this (I'm totally not for his comments and am for stamping out racism) but

As a gay man, I have found myself when really angry using an explicit gay slander to someone - and I am NOW WAY anti gay - so this argument does NOT hold up And half the people commenting on this subject in Australia have probably once in their life said something hurtful that was racist or derogative when really angry at someone for a moment but felt wrong straight after for doing so. IT's like saying you hate your brother in a big argument - does that mean you actually Hate him? This whole matter has appallingly being blown up thanks to media and social media- IF you can't tell the difference between good and evil (and stupid) in this world, then there is a problem. There are far more sh*te people who need pulling down.
Outrageous. Everything. By that, I mean the response.
Everything these days requires clicks.
And in the seeking of those there is theatre, not necessarily the actual story. This situation won’t end till he’s played his last game.

I wouldn't presume what our players get up to in their own time as none of us know. Often the less suspecting types are the biggest party animals off the field.
I understand,you are a massive party animal.

What a horse s**t header..

“I feel like I’m coming home,” Burgoyne, who won three flags at the Hawks and played his 400th match against the Power, told News Corp.

“Not only am I coming back as a former player in a working capacity, the club’s obviously doing really well, is really united and going places – that’s what attracted me to them.

“The role they put forward was really good as well.

“I look forward to connecting again with a lot of the Port fans who … gave me nothing but love and admiration for the nine years I was there.”

Burgoyne said he seriously considered the Crows’ offer, telling FIVEaa rejecting it had nothing at all to do with Adelaide star Taylor Walker’s racial vilification saga.

“My chats with them were very good … and the vision they have going forward seems to be a really good vision under Nicksy (coach Matthew Nicks),” he told News Corp.

“It was a very tough decision.”

Burgoyne said the AFL position also interested him but he, wife Amy and their four children, wanted to be back in SA, particularly because of how Covid had changed the travel and football landscapes.

“We just wanted to be back home, close to our families in a good footy role where I can add something to the program and to what Port are already doing very well,” he said.

“I’m very keen to try lots of things to see what I’m good at then nailing it down.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'did Taylor Walker's racial scandal affect Shaun Burgoyne not joining Adelaide?'

Text of the article, no it didn't. Typical clickbait.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

of course it didn't. Macca going public with the winding down of the programs may have though. Sounds like he's being an opportunity to choose which path he takes at Port, doing a bit of everything. Would have loved him, but we were always going to be up against it.

I laughed a bit, but I didn't see it as a Tex thing, rather any footballer who has to make scripted apologies and hit the required level of buzz words. I saw it as a Tex parody for about 30 seconds, after that it was an AFL industry parody to my ear.
Yeah - it's not Barry Footballs first appearance on Sizzletown.

It just had some very Tex statements in it, I loved the "touch my shoulder again" reference.

Moderators need to make sure the photo of Walker in police uniform is taken down immediately. It may have been removed from someone’s post but still is the picture selected for this topic. Get on to it moderators!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don’t have a cover pic for this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back