NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is absurd. That's the point entirely.
Its a closer equivalence to what is being claimed than the examples that came before it when you consider context and action.

Here; I'm a decent poster(thanks) who wrote something you consider indecent. Does that now make me an indecent poster?
We’re mostly all of 2 groups:
- decent posters with indecent tendencies
- indecent posters with decent tendencies

Some think there’s a third group:
- perfect posters who can say no wrong

You comparing a staff with Tex is an unfair one. You’re comparing a hypothetical in “how many times have they said or done this before?”, to a known/witnessed actions which proves on the contrary their hypothetical attitudes.

In the case of your staff, there is nothing to suggest she hasn’t stolen before. Whereas in the case of Tex, there is plenty of actual evidence he has no issue mingling with Indigenous people (Betts, Cameron or any of the Indigenous people of the club; no Indigenous fans have made any complaints about him etc).
I made not reference to his mingling with aboriginal people, that’s completely different and not relevant.
What he did wrong was not refusing to mingle.
His words were the problem and you have no idea if he’s used them before.
Remember if the club official hadn’t heard or said something, we would be none the wiser and Tex would carry on as normal.
Your ability to go off on tangents or bring up unrelated things is supreme.

I made not reference to his mingling with aboriginal people, that’s completely different and not relevant.
What he did wrong was not refusing to mingle.
His words were the problem and you have no idea if he’s used them before.
Remember if the club official hadn’t heard or said something, we would be none the wiser and Tex would carry on as normal.
Your ability to go off on tangents or bring up unrelated things is supreme.
Tex’s mingling with the Aboriginal community in the past is completely relevant to the context of the level of alleged racism. How many times Tex has made a racial slur is simply all hypotheticals, none of us will know.

The point remains, did any of the Indigenous people feel a sense of inferiority regarding their race when having dealt with Tex in the past? That should be the key question.

Tex’s mingling with the Aboriginal community in the past is completely relevant to the context of the level of alleged racism. How many times Tex has made a racial slur is simply all hypotheticals, none of us will know.

The point remains, did any of the Indigenous people feel a sense of inferiority regarding their race when having dealt with Tex in the past? That should be the key question.
Clearly there’s different types of racists.
those that want nothing to do with them - he’s clearly not one of those - so no need to even bring that up.
Those that make racist comments for whatever reason - he’s in this group, how often he’s said something we’ll probably never know.

We’re mostly all of 2 groups:
- decent posters with indecent tendencies
- indecent posters with decent tendencies

Some think there’s a third group:
- perfect posters who can say no wrong
Deep...
But right!

You comparing a staff with Tex is an unfair one. You’re comparing a hypothetical in “how many times have they said or done this before?”, to a known/witnessed actions which proves on the contrary their hypothetical attitudes.

In the case of your staff, there is nothing to suggest she hasn’t stolen before. Whereas in the case of Tex, there is plenty of actual evidence he has no issue mingling with Indigenous people (Betts, Cameron or any of the Indigenous people of the club; no Indigenous fans have made any complaints about him etc).

So mingling with people is a "pass mark" ??
In the case of an AFL footballer if he didn't "mingle" with his team mates he would be out of a job. I would think plenty of people work/mingle with people they don't actually like or agree with their views/way of life/perhaps even the colour of their skin - mingling with them doesn't change things.

So mingling with people is a "pass mark" ??
In the case of an AFL footballer if he didn't "mingle" with his team mates he would be out of a job. I would think plenty of people work/mingle with people they don't actually like or agree with their views/way of life/perhaps even the colour of their skin - mingling with them doesn't change things.
I think we just need to refrain from attacking Tex until we have more evidence of a repeated pattern and so we understand whether it was a mistake or deliberate act. Until then I believe it should be cast as a mistake. Innocent to proven guilty. It's just not that black and white of an issue.

Let's just all agree he stuffed up and hurt people by using hurtful racist language and learn from it.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

do only racists say racist things though? That’s a circular argument that I’m not sure is all that sustainable

Who can honestly put their hand up and state that they've never said something racist, thought something racist or laughed at something that might of been funny at the time but had racial/racist undertones....my hands not up.
I'm pleased that Taylor Walker has an opportunity at redemption.
Who can honestly put up their hand to say that they could mentally handle the public scrutiny that Taylor Walker will need to face to redeem himself....my hands not up again.

I don’t have the answers sorry.
I’m not sure at what point you become a racist.
I don’t think it’s at one comment, but I find it hard to believe someone is unlucky enough to be caught with their first comment.
Like one of my staff, she must have been damn unlucky for me to catch her on her first ever theft from the till as she claimed.

Your's seems a cash rich business, I'd have serious controls over your tills. Trust nobody, not even yourself.

I think we just need to refrain from attacking Tex until we have more evidence of a repeated pattern and so we understand whether it was a mistake or deliberate act. Until then I believe it should be cast as a mistake. Innocent to proven guilty. It's just not that black and white of an issue.

Let's just all agree he stuffed up and hurt people by using hurtful racist language and learn from it.

We can assess on what's overt. Suggesting otherwise is rampany stupidity. He owns the label until he proves otherwise. You only need to * one goat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just highlighting this sentence, swapping the word "gay" for "indigenous" - I don't think Tex disliked the bloke because he was indigenous, he disliked him because of his behaviour. I don't think Tex believes he's superior to indigenous people, which is what I think racists believe. It was a poor and disappointing choice of wording, rather than a racist act, imho.
What defines a racist act?

We can assess on what's overt. Suggesting otherwise is rampany stupidity. He owns the label until he proves otherwise. You only need to fu** one goat.
Again, agree whole heartedly with your assessment. But there is a difference. There is a premeditated act and an accidental one. For your version to apply, you are suggesting Tex was thinking all game what a bc this guy is I hate this guy because of his race, I'm going to tell matty all about it during the quarter time break. And besides no one slips and their d accidentally inserting itself inside a goat. That's the difference.

No one is excusing what he said and saying it wasn't racist. Of course it was. he does have to prove himself amongst his peers. But his indigenous team mates would not have elected to have him back if there were genuine concerns this was part of his personality and a pattern of behaviour. Being a racist is a sackable offence and I am sure Milera, Newchurch and others plus past players would have stood up and said Tex can't be part of this as we believe this wasn't accidental and he is a racist. They know him best. I think that's why they were so upset.

The problem with racism as an overarching issue is the label racist is so final and it is without a doubt a reputation killer. By that I mean, the media have taught everyone not to discuss the issues involving a specific race or say something that can be deemed racist even in the most accidental way possible or you're a racist. The reason for this is disingenuous. If you watch and listen to the media when they are crucifying someone for racism, it becomes a competition on just who can prove to the world the most that they are the least racist individual on the planet, while at the same time utterly destroying the person they are talking about. The way the media tore Tex's character to shreds, you'd think he either murdered someone or had his way with children while murdering someone. I've seen media commentators call each other racists because they didn't character assassinate the person, so they must agree with what they said. It is frightening at how much a person in the media, for their own resume will destroy someone's life because it suits. I have no doubt, the media will go for a second crack the week leading into his first game back.

It's no wonder the general public have over the last decade, adopted the black and white approach with all issues.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Again, agree whole heartedly with your assessment. But there is a difference. There is a premeditated act and an accidental one. For your version to apply, you are suggesting Tex was thinking all game what a bc this guy is I hate this guy because of his race, I'm going to tell matty all about it during the quarter time break. And besides no one slips and their d accidentally inserting itself inside a goat. That's the difference.

No one is excusing what he said and saying it wasn't racist. Of course it was. he does have to prove himself amongst his peers. But his indigenous team mates would not have elected to have him back if there were genuine concerns this was part of his personality and a pattern of behaviour. Being a racist is a sackable offence and I am sure Milera, Newchurch and others plus past players would have stood up and said Tex can't be part of this as we believe this wasn't accidental and he is a racist. They know him best. I think that's why they were so upset.

Disagree with the bolded. It's only the verbal and physical manifestations that become sackable offences.

It was, not now though.
I’ve learnt that, have cameras since it happened.
Was my longest staff member too, which makes you question how long they were doing it.

they did it because they had learnt over time that they could. Small toe dip in the water to start with, followed by bigger more bold and eventually casual complacency

99% of people are caught in the last phase. But I’m guessing you’ve already figured that out

they did it because they had learnt over time that they could. Small toe dip in the water to start with, followed by bigger more bold and eventually casual complacency

99% of people are caught in the last phase. But I’m guessing you’ve already figured that out
Yeah I’m not sure, shes never had interest in money before.
She had a mental breakdown and then had cancer, wasn’t working a lot in her full time job so maybe it was out of need. I don’t know.

Who can honestly put their hand up and state that they've never said something racist, thought something racist or laughed at something that might of been funny at the time but had racial/racist undertones....my hands not up.
I'm pleased that Taylor Walker has an opportunity at redemption.
Who can honestly put up their hand to say that they could mentally handle the public scrutiny that Taylor Walker will need to face to redeem himself....my hands not up again.
Such a great post

There are some people in this thread whose hands are raised - such perfect people!
Anyone that ever laughed at Fawlty Towers for a start ….etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back