Taylor Walker voted captain of the year by his peers

Who's opinion do you trust more?

• Bigfooty members

• AFL peers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't go in to game day threads??? Every week supporters call him a flog and the weakest captain dog in the league. Every week. Don't make accusations that I'm making stuff up without backing it up.

How exactly is he meant to 'back it up'? Should he just link you to every thread he's ever read on Bigfooty to show non-existence of 'worst captain in the league' calls?

Much easier to put the burden of proof on the one who claims it exists everywhere.

Big Footy fans! believe it or not, people who watch games live whether that's at the ground or on TV, would see (or hear) just as much of an opposition captain than what the opposition would.

The Captain of the team that finishes on top of the ladder is always the obvious choice for 'Captain of the year'
Brisbane won 3 flags under Voss, never finished top of the ladder yet he won Captain of the year 4 times.

What's the criteria? If it's just a case of captaining the minor premiers then they got it right. Does it go to the captain who had the best personal form? Not sure that was Tex. If it's about exemplary leadership I'd nominate Cotchin for taking his team top 4 after massive knocks on the Tigers and himself the past few seasons. Alternatively Kennedy for picking his team up off the canvas after an 0-6 start to make the finals against the odds.

It's obviously about exemplary leadership and the bloke who has captained a side to the minor premiership after their coach died and their best player left only what, 27 & 20 months ago respectively probably deserves some recognition.

It's obviously about exemplary leadership and the bloke who has captained a side to the minor premiership after their coach died and their best player left only what, 27 & 20 months ago respectively probably deserves some recognition.
Fair call

How exactly is he meant to 'back it up'? Should he just link you to every thread he's ever read on Bigfooty to show non-existence of 'worst captain in the league' calls?

Much easier to put the burden of proof on the one who claims it exists everywhere.

Sorry, I should of said if he participates in game day threads he would see it every week.

I was so excited for the future of the game last decade and now we get results like this.

Always astounded me this guy has been voted best captain. Must admit I don’t watch a lot of the crows but I have never seen him take a game by the scruff of the neck or kick an inspirational goal. The number of times I see him line up, 40m out on a slight angle and miss a goal is amazing. Totally deflating. Never seems to kick a clutch goal that would really fire a team up. I must be missing something. Doesn’t sound like the sharpest tool in the shed either when he opens his gob.
Port Adelaide and Carlton games this year alone.

Big Footy fans! believe it or not, people who watch games live whether that's at the ground or on TV, would see (or hear) just as much of an opposition captain than what the opposition would.

The Captain of the team that finishes on top of the ladder is always the obvious choice for 'Captain of the year'

He was voted best captain last year and we finished 5th. But yeah, good logic. Carry on.

Back