Recommitted Taylor Walker [re-signed for another year]

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the rebirth of form of Tom Hawkins at a mature age, and the way Adelaide is playing, it may just be possible to lure him. He’s not a South Australian and he clearly needs a new environment. It might be worth a punt. The guy can kick, unlike so many Collingwood forwards in recent years.
Thoughts?

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder if Brisbane wouldn't be the worst option. Would take pressure off Hipwood and link well with Cameron.

Honestly, if he slimmed down a little bit and you put him in front of a decent midfield, I still think has a 40 goal season in him. Is getting atrocious delivery at the moment and carrying too much muscle.

However, I would feel incredibly strange seeing him in another jumper.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The simple answer is no you shouldn’t.

however it would be intriguing to see what he could deliver with a good midfield in front of him.

hawkins would struggle to score for the crows at the moment (and no I’m not comparing tex to Hawkins although over the journey their stats are quite similar).

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Put a fork in him mate.

Levi Casboult is an unrestricted free agent and would fill that gap better for a few years, at a similar price. Ben Brown looks to be on the outer at North and would be gettable.

Or throw a s**t-ton of money at Jeremy Cameron, and get Eddie to give his missus the lead anchor gig at Nine.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not convinced 30 year old Walker is cooked. Been horrible this year but who at Adelaide hasn't? Sloane is down 9 touches a game, Lynch is averaging career low marks and goals as a Crow, Brad Crouch is down 10 touches a game, Gibbs can't get a game in a winless side...

I reckon the pressure/spotlight of Adelaide being rubbish has worn down Tex. Given a fresh start where he's just a guy not the face of the club everyone hangs s**t on he could offer a bit. Kennedy is almost 33 and was off to the glue factory not long ago, but has since found form kicking 25 in 9 games as our team got a run on.

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Many seem to have written him off far too easily. His supply at present is very limited, and the delivery he’s receiving is poor.
One of the best shots at goal in the AFL when on.

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Put a fork in him mate.

Levi Casboult is an unrestricted free agent and would fill that gap better for a few years, at a similar price. Ben Brown looks to be on the outer at North and would be gettable.

Or throw a sh*t-ton of money at Jeremy Cameron, and get Eddie to give his missus the lead anchor gig at Nine.
Money won’t be splashed around during COVID. I’d love Collingwood to get Cameron, but they won’t bother, as his asking price will be too high.
Walker might just be the affordable short term solution.

Back