Recommitted Taylor Walker [re-signed for another year]

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Congrats on the 200th Tex but I think the game is passing you by I'm afraid. 3 touches but at least he landed 4 tackles.

1 goal from his last 4 matches.

Seems like the curtains are closing...

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
The bloke somehow has another year on his contract, reportedly to the tune of $800k. Yuck.

I wouldn't think many/any club(s) would be interested anyway, but I struggle to see anyone wanting to foot that bill. If (and it's a big if) Adelaide want to move him on, they would have the pay the absolute lions share of that, probably close to 90%. I can't think of a reason why Walker would look to retire and forgo that money.

Tex looks absolutely cooked. Moves like a truck and has never been a good contested mark. Who would want him?

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Put a fork in him mate.

Levi Casboult is an unrestricted free agent and would fill that gap better for a few years, at a similar price. Ben Brown looks to be on the outer at North and would be gettable.

Or throw a sh*t-ton of money at Jeremy Cameron, and get Eddie to give his missus the lead anchor gig at Nine.

Would absolutely love Casboult at Geelong. Has reinvented himself, and seems to have a great character, and some of the best hands I've seen. Would actually prefer him over Cameron, given just how much the cost differential between the two would be

I hope no other club gives him an out by recruiting him. Taylor Walker is as responsible for the cultural collapse at that club as anyone. It's only fair and just that he goes down with the ship.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Would absolutely love Casboult at Geelong. Has reinvented himself, and seems to have a great character, and some of the best hands I've seen. Would actually prefer him over Cameron, given just how much the cost differential between the two would be

Levi and Hawkins for a year or two would be pretty scary.

He's tidied his goal kicking up, but it's still pretty unpredictable. Instead of a total raffle, its now more Richo-esque. Sinks more than he misses now, but when he misses it's a very wide arc indeed. His accuracy looks better than it is (they dont count OOF and shots that fade away before landing as scoring shots). Played really well down back last year too, and is a good target for kicks down the line along the wing.

But if he's not the best contested mark in the game, his name is in the conversation. Elite hands.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haha all the Port posters....
The good old July Premiers done nothing for 5 yrs but the trigger happy numpty supporters still come out with more strut than Wayne Carey going to the pisser at a mates bbq.

Yeah Tex is cooked never really came good after his knee.

The good old July Premiers done nothing for 5 yrs but the trigger happy numpty supporters still come out with more strut than Wayne Carey going to the pisser at a mates bbq.

And yet here you are, agreeing he is cooked.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His career is similar to Travis Cloke, although Cloke was a better player.

High peak, that is very much underrated and forgotten by most media and fans. Father time coming quicker than expected (Cloke only 33 still this year).

I'd say if Walker went to another club they would expect as much as the Dogs got out Cloke - a half season, a couple of good games but overall pretty much done (albeit for various reasons). Don't think he has value to any side as any contending side probably would decide to put another year or 2 into a younger forward (Sav, T.Marshall and Georgiades, Chol, King, Allen etc). Walker doesn't get in over any of those players and those are the clubs where he would provide most value.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
His career is similar to Travis Cloke, although Cloke was a better player.

High peak, that is very much underrated and forgotten by most media and fans. Father time coming quicker than expected (Cloke only 33 still this year).

I'd say if Walker went to another club they would expect as much as the Dogs got out Cloke - a half season, a couple of good games but overall pretty much done (albeit for various reasons). Don't think he has value to any side as any contending side probably would decide to put another year or 2 into a younger forward (Sav, T.Marshall and Georgiades, Chol, King, Allen etc). Walker doesn't get in over any of those players and those are the clubs where he would provide most value.

I think Tex has had a better career than Trav Cloke just quietly.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

yearly what?

That's correct it's a Tex walker thread.

It is not a forum discussing ports inferiority complex about the crows being the big boys in town....sssshhhhh.....you know it.
Pls attach quotes from this thread where Port supporters have discussed anything other than the topic related to Tex Walker TM. You were the one going off topic to make yourself feel better about stuff unrelated to Tex Walker TM.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pls attach quotes from this thread where Port supporters have discussed anything other than the topic related to Tex Walker TM. You were the one going off topic to make yourself feel better about stuff unrelated to Tex Walker TM.
You would've been able to read it yourself mate but the rant I was referring to has been deleted.
Funny that 🤔

I think Tex has had a better career than Trav Cloke just quietly.

Cloke's premiership, 2 AA guernseys and a B&F would disagree with you there m8. Taylor has never achieved any one of those honours.

The_Hyphen

You can't handle the truth...
Aug 16, 2020
Covid Central
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
lufc
Trav was a two-time AA centre half forward, won a B&F and a flag. I like Tex a lot but come on

As much as I hate agreeing with Pie fans, anyone with Pete Towsend as their Avatar must have a brain....

and I do - Walker is an incredibly over-rated footballer, both in terms of stats and achievements.

Even Lance Whitnall took more marks and had more kicks over 10 years than Tex has so far....(11 years)

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
As much as I hate agreeing with Pie fans, anyone with Pete Towsend as their Avatar must have a brain....

and I do - Walker is an incredibly over-rated footballer, both in terms of stats and achievements.

Even Lance Whitnall took more marks and had more kicks over 10 years than Tex has so far....(11 years)

Lance Whitnall was a monster before he got lazy (granted which didn't take that long).

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Cant see another club take him . Specially with the $$$ he is on even if Crows pay 50%

Its either agree on a payout (which he would be mad to take unless its 80% of his 2021 salary) or just keep him for leadership BUT
I dont consider him a good leader as he is way in people ace too much and when not performing he really cant preach.

Will always be famous for the steely look on his ace during the Power Ranges stance
God love you Tex

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would be nice to see him on a team capable of kicking it to him on the lead but I imagine he finishes his career at the Crows.

Back