Recommitted Taylor Walker [re-signed for another year]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pls attach quotes from this thread where Port supporters have discussed anything other than the topic related to Tex Walker TM. You were the one going off topic to make yourself feel better about stuff unrelated to Tex Walker TM.
You were also the one trolling by saying Tex will be lining up in a country league next season. Don’t get high and mighty when you get a bite to your trolling. If you’re going to troll, just follow through with it.

You were also the one trolling by saying Tex will be lining up in a country league next season. Don’t get high and mighty when you get a bite to your trolling. If you’re going to troll, just follow through with it.
Yes, I was talking about the topic at hand. But I understand the discussion being had may be a little bit hard for you to follow.

As much as I hate agreeing with Pie fans, anyone with Pete Towsend as their Avatar must have a brain....

and I do - Walker is an incredibly over-rated footballer, both in terms of stats and achievements.

Even Lance Whitnall took more marks and had more kicks over 10 years than Tex has so far....(11 years)
Hahahahaha, at least do a bit more research before going off with

Let’s go through some of Tex’s best seasons vs Lance then:

Tex:
Tex 2012: 63 goals, 18 goal assists, 35 behinds, 128 marks and 191 kicks from 19 games
Tex 2015: 59 goals, 19 goal assists, 45 behinds, 171 marks and 253 kicks from 23 games
Tex 2016: 47 goals, 27 goal assists, 37 behinds, 155 marks and 235 kicks from 23 games
Tex 2017: 54 goals, 33 goal assists, 35 behinds, 146 marks and 237 kicks from 23 games (should’ve absolutely been AA this season given we finished top)
Tex 2019: 43 goals, 15 goal assists, 22 behinds, 112 marks and 175 kicks from 22 games

Whitnall (no goal assists taken during his best seasons, his most when recorded was 11):
Whitnall 1998: 46 goals, 34 behinds, 148 marks and 229 kicks from 22 games
Whitnall 1999: 55 goals, 36 behinds, 191 marks, 266 kicks from 26 games
Whitnall 2000: 70 goals, 45 behinds, 208 marks and 296 kicks from 25 games

After that Whitnall went above 30 goals once and his last six seasons averaged about 20 goals a season. This was in some truly putrid Carlton sides as well.

Whitnall kicked 100 less goals over his career (16 more games) in an era where big forwards tended to kick more goals than they do now.

You were deliberately posting something inflammatory to get a response, that’s the definition of trolling. But hey, you get personal instead, that will help your cause 👍.

Walker is clearly not up to AFL standard anymore and is on a rebuilding team which should be looking towards getting more games into the kids. It's not at all unrealistic that he could be out of the AFL system next year. You not agreeing with something doesn't make it trolling.

Walker is clearly not up to AFL standard anymore and is on a rebuilding team which should be looking towards getting more games into the kids. It's not at all unrealistic that he could be out of the AFL system next year. You not agreeing with something doesn't make it trolling.
We should be playing Fogarty... & there is no room for both him & Tex.

Better of with Himmelberg or Frampton as the other key forward as they can ruck.

We are meant to be rebuilding, which should mean we are not playing those who are cooked.

Do any Adelaide forwards really look AFL standard right now?

Do any Adelaide forwards really look AFL standard right now?
Not helped with our lack of forward entities/system... but Tex is sadly cooked. The opposition run off him too easily making it difficult for us to hold the ball in.

Not helped with our lack of forward entities/system... but Tex is sadly cooked. The opposition run off him too easily making it difficult for us to hold the ball in.
He looked alright last week with 4 tackles on that front. That said, he's slow and not great defensively but if you're asking that from your key forward then I think we're asking the wrong thing from them.

Obviously a marking target/goals is what you need from them but my god, the butchery our forwards get is atrocious. Put someone like Hawkins in our side right now and I don't think he'd be looking too flash either. We may as well just run with 6 Murphy's right now as it's not going to be kicked to advantage so we may as well have guys that just apply pressure.

He looked alright last week with 4 tackles on that front. That said, he's slow and not great defensively but if you're asking that from your key forward then I think we're asking the wrong thing from them.

Obviously a marking target/goals is what you need from them but my god, the butchery our forwards get is atrocious. Put someone like Hawkins in our side right now and I don't think he'd be looking too flash either. We may as well just run with 6 Murphy's right now as it's not going to be kicked to advantage so we may as well have guys that just apply pressure.
Witnessing Hawkins live in the last game, he is moving the best he has for years, unrestricted by his back problems. Fortunately Hartigan played him very well unlike Port the previous week.

However, Tex has no agility & is a liability once the ball hits the ground. I wish he was as mobile as Hawkins.

Witnessing Hawkins live in the last game, he is moving the best he has for years, unrestricted by his back problems. Fortunately Hartigan played him very well unlike Port the previous week.

However, Tex has no agility & is a liability once the ball hits the ground. I wish he was as mobile as Hawkins.
Don't have the pleasure of watching any footy at a game right now not fully appreciate a players work rate but looking at what the broadcast highlights were showing of Hawkins, Geelong really focus to try isolate Hawkins alone in the forward 50. It's no surprise he's playing as good as he currently is with that kind of system and service. It would be a key forwards dream to play in that kind of structure and being the quality player he is, he's able to finish it.

Our first goal was set up by Walker roving the ruck and dishing it to Stengle. Certainly doesn't have the agility he once had and I'll never understand why he's carried the weight he has pretty much post Tippett. Hard to know whether that's on him for not working at the rate required (was carrying this kind of weight in 2016/17 when he was playing good football) or that's what the fitness/coaching team thought was his ideal playing weight (which I'd disagree with given the style he plays).

But for a team that battles to get it forward a lot, we kill our forwards when we can't hit the target or just kick it to the wrong spot as I cut out a few examples from the last game here - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...h-12-35pm-adelaide-oval.1245857/post-66570491

Last edited:
The thing i noticed the most about Tex in the last few games is that not only does he look slow leg speed but also slow doing other things
He is trying to do the normal things like avoiding players and holding the ball for the right option or making things happen . He just looks slow doing all of these things.

Sadly i think this should be his last year but having a big contract for 2021 could make this difficult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His career is similar to Travis Cloke, although Cloke was a better player.

High peak, that is very much underrated and forgotten by most media and fans. Father time coming quicker than expected (Cloke only 33 still this year).

I'd say if Walker went to another club they would expect as much as the Dogs got out Cloke - a half season, a couple of good games but overall pretty much done (albeit for various reasons). Don't think he has value to any side as any contending side probably would decide to put another year or 2 into a younger forward (Sav, T.Marshall and Georgiades, Chol, King, Allen etc). Walker doesn't get in over any of those players and those are the clubs where he would provide most value.
Still remembered Freo chasing Cloke in mid 2012 and offering him 1 million a year

We should transition Tex to coaching next year as his body is sadly cooked.

Unlike Ben Hart, he has a good understanding of forward play.
I can see that happen next season: Tex Plays 10-12 games next season. And spends time in the coaches box as an assistant.

Ben Hart was a defender. A very good defender in his prime. You should know that.

We should be playing Fogarty... & there is no room for both him & Tex.

Better of with Himmelberg or Frampton as the other key forward as they can ruck.

We are meant to be rebuilding, which should mean we are not playing those who are cooked.
I reckon there is room for both Fogarty and Tex. You play either Himmelberg or Frampton as the FF/2nd ruck.

Tex plays CHF. Fogarty plays 3rd tall on a forward flank.

Yes I have seen Fogarty play. He isn't built like Walker but he is an accurate set shot in goal kicks.

Saying that. If Tex Walkers body is that bad, let him play the pav role like pav did in 2016. Just let Tex play every home game and retire in the last home game of the season just like pav did in 2016.

Come start of 2022, I can see either Himmelberg or Frampton with 30 games Under the belt and kicking 30 goals a season as an experienced FF with Fogarty playing like a Cam McCarthy role as a floating 2nd tall as a roaming CHF or a 3rd tall in a forward flank kicking 2-4 goals a game and 30-35 goals a season

Thats how I see it.

But this is my opinion. I am not saying I am right or wrong. Just saying want I think. You might know more about Tex Walkers feeling now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back