Recommitted Taylor Walker [re-signed for another year]

Remove this Banner Ad

This would probably surprise alot if people but I'm happy for Tex winding back the clock.
I watched him playing in a sanfl final as a 18 yr old vs port and he was amazing killed us I thought far out this bloke will be unstoppable.
He never really reached those Heights but the knee reco didn't help.
Anyway he won't leave Adelaide and will definitely go around again you would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way he continues this vein of form all season, this is the best run of his career. But even if he goes at 2 goals a game from now on, that is over 50 goals for the year. Admittedly I had written him off, so kudos to him for the late career revival he is showing. Cannot claim many saw this coming.

This would probably surprise alot if people but I'm happy for Tex winding back the clock.
I watched him playing in a sanfl final as a 18 yr old vs port and he was amazing killed us I thought far out this bloke will be unstoppable.
He never really reached those Heights but the knee reco didn't help.
Anyway he won't leave Adelaide and will definitely go around again you would think.

I feel similarly about Boak and his last couple of seasons. Has been my favourite Port player and seeing him wind back the clock has been unreal.

Has he ever played better than the form he is in now? I mean only 3 games but I've never seen him be this dominant even before he did his ACL.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see if some of these older key forwards benefiting from the change in the rules get offered more than one-year deals to continue.

Taylor Walker turns 31 this month. Let's say Adelaide offer him a one-year deal to stay. Could he get a two-year deal elsewhere? Or if Adelaide offer him two years, could he get three years elsewhere? That might be a stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back