Retired Tayte Pears [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
How has there been on interest shown in Pears? Unrestricted FA, 25 years old, and can play either side of the ground at a appropriate level. Not a superstar, but at 25, what would stop him from being one under a new environment?

I may have missed something, and he probably isn't actually available, but I haven't seen anything tbh.

At 25, if the club was in the right development stage, you'd think he wouldn't do much harm taking up a list spot for 1-2 years.

Has a few decent defenders ahead of him at Essendon so I think its more than injuries keeping him out. His problem is he's not quite tall enough and not really agile enough. There's worse players on AFL lists.

Used to be really strong through the core, then got sliced from a-hole to breakfast when he got a bad injury a few years ago. Core strength hasn't come back which means he can't get the leverage to push big men off balance- he used to defend a lot like Gibson does.

Might still come good, he certainly has talent and toe. Will be starting preseason without surgery for the first time in a few years. Would be a good pickup for a club with limited tall defender stocks but he's behind a few for that third tall role at essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back