VFL Past #58: Ben Jolley

Remove this Banner Ad

DaSawx said:
He definately has the confidence to have a ping or 2, I definately like what i've seen of his so far, no need to rush him though, he'll definately be around next year

Will ge be promoted or retained on the rookie list for a third consecutive season?

Sportsman said:
Will ge be promoted or retained on the rookie list for a third consecutive season?

The comment you just quoted was written on Sam Longergan.

Jolley can't remain on the rookie list for a third year unless he re-enters the draft and we re-rookie him that way.

He either has to be promoted, or enter the draft.

Well, Sheedy has confirmed that Jolley is in according to the afl site, so theres a positive. Not sure about if I like the talk on Aussie Jones being picked
up. You'd think he learnt his lesson on picking up players for one decent season, then having them drop off again...apparently not.

Yep, I read about Jolley being named in yesterday's Age.

He deserves his chance.

I reckon he performed as most people would have expected.

Played a defensive role in the midfield. Found a little bit of the ball and didn't waste it. Put his head over the footy, tackled, chased, blocked and harrassed.

Good start, worthy of a game next week. He definately has something to offer.

gettyimages-71451892-1024x1024.jpg
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 74 kg
DOB: 12/02/86
Position: Midfield/Forward
Previous Club: Port Melbourne

Coming over as a playing assistant coach Ben will probably spend most of his time inside 50 this year, in what will probably be his last or second last year at VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back