Pretty aure Jumper number is Shiels choice not the clubs

...... but i could be wrong

Get him to live with Jakey Stringer for a month or two over summer please

Pretty aure Jumper number is Shiels choice not the clubs

...... but i could be wrong

Get him to live with Jakey Stringer for a month or two over summer please

On that case, it’s number 42.

All hail the new NLM!

I'll openly admit to feeling a bit 'meh' when he was first linked to Essendon, but it was a combination of things, rather than a glaring issue:

- His cost and how it would affect the cap (remembering the crazy numbers the Saints were offering)

- His cost in draft picks (2 x 1sts + mentioned at one stage)

- Essendon only seemed a very slim chance to land him (but then, that's my fault for listening too much to the media)

- He wasn't coming off his best year.

However, while Essendon have paid a good price in terms of both picks and dollars, neither would be considered outrageous. Then you look more into his performance this season and it has the Devon Smiths about it, which is very exciting from an Essendon POV. The most impressive thing though, has been listening to him speak about his decision (and good timing or bad, the insight from Robbo's article on this was great). He's in it for the right reasons.

I'll openly admit to feeling a bit 'meh' when he was first linked to Essendon, but it was a combination of things, rather than a glaring issue:

- His cost and how it would affect the cap (remembering the crazy numbers the Saints were offering)

- His cost in draft picks (2 x 1sts + mentioned at one stage)

- Essendon only seemed a very slim chance to land him (but then, that's my fault for listening too much to the media)

- He wasn't coming off his best year.

However, while Essendon have paid a good price in terms of both picks and dollars, neither would be considered outrageous. Then you look more into his performance this season and it has the Devon Smiths about it, which is very exciting from an Essendon POV. The most impressive thing though, has been listening to him speak about his decision (and good timing or bad, the insight from Robbo's article on this was great). He's in it for the right reasons.

Much the same feeling here & also because I haven't really seen much of GWS the last couple of seasons so many of their lesser hyped players get under my radar I guess. So much like Devon Smith, I look forward to him impressing me with the impact he can have at the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've read that and thought it was interesting it took Richardson and Campbell to get it done in the end. Says to me it was perhaps too personal between Dodoro and McCartney most likely after the events last year.
Not ideal for grabbing additional players from GWS in future years

Not ideal for grabbing additional players from GWS in future years

Gold mine is bear I reckon. This is the salary dump that was coming with all of those 1st rounders being drafted all those years ago.

Gold mine is bear I reckon. This is the salary dump that was coming with all of those 1st rounders being drafted all those years ago.

With all the focus on coniglio and Kelly I'd throw some interest at Bonner in the next 2 years. Wont come nearly as expensive.

Geez it's lucky the Hawks pulled out, I mean, in no universe would anyone think that actually playing for Essendon is better than playing for Hawthorn...

qzPVnRL.jpg

Cant wait for him and the team to take off.

Last edited:
Geez it's lucky the Hawks pulled out, I mean, in no universe would anyone think that actually playing for Essendon is better than playing for Hawthorn...

Do you think it was the tour of the Hawks landfill site that made him select hawthorn? And more importantly do you think that’s where they gave him the news that they were pulling their offer off the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back