AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Rapt, has a great ability to get arms free when being tackled then pinpoint a pass. Handy goal kicker too.

However, Silvagni did reveal the Blues would have offered a future first-round draft pick in order to secure Shiel, saying: "That certainly would have been in the equation."
Silvani thinks that this is a good deal because they will be giving away pick 1 or 2 in 2017. Probably not the message to be selling your supporters.

Great to see the jubilation between Shiel and Dodoro when the paperwork was lodged. Heartwarming.

giphy.gif
LOL AT HIS LACK OF HEAD SPIN

Very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be an interesting acquisition. Very good player, lots of tricks....do wonder how he and Merrett will go playing together in the middle as they are kind of similar. Not necessarily an issue but might take them some time to develop chemistry.

Always presents in great shape and will help raise training standards again - think he’d be the best runner of our senior mids. He, Smith and Saad will be great examples for the young blokes in terms of what real AFL level professionalism looks like.

Like Smith he will improve us by just being very good rather than filling a glaring structural need.

Will be an interesting acquisition. Very good player, lots of tricks....do wonder how he and Merrett will go playing together in the middle as they are kind of similar. Not necessarily an issue but might take them some time to develop chemistry.

Always presents in great shape and will help raise training standards again - think he’d be the best runner of our senior mids. He, Smith and Saad will be great examples for the young blokes in terms of what real AFL level professionalism looks like.

Like Smith he will improve us by just being very good rather than filling a glaring structural need.
He is a fairly big-bodied (not a complete beast, granted) and really classy mid.

I think that was absolutely a structural need for us.

He is a fairly big-bodied (not a complete beast, granted) and really classy mid.

I think that was absolutely a structural need for us.
Great rig but don’t think he’s hugely physical. Not a criticism.

My perception is that he’s good around the contest but maybe more a first receiver who can break away than a genuine JPK/Libba type contested ball winner. As with everything it’s a spectrum....I know he can win the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back