TCR is here

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Does anyone reckon we'll be starting a TCR thread soon? There hasn't been a huge field confirmed, but a decent calibre of driver of those that are giving it a shot. My tip would be John Martin is going to win this year's series.

Cars to the dummy grid, its all happening, where is darryl eastlake when you need him, oh you're excused Daz.

https://www.tcraustralia.com/ are the organisers
https://www.tcraustralia.com/cars/ are whats availlable to drive

The regs:
CR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
There are over 13 car manufacturers around the world that have, or are building vehicles to TCR Series regulations.
DOWNLOAD REGULATIONS
  • ENGINE PRODUCTION-BASED MAX 2.0L TURBOCHARGED
  • OUTPUT 350 BHP (APPROX.)
  • GEARBOX 6-SPEED SEQUENTIAL WITH PADDLE SHIFT
  • WHEELS 8” CONTROL TYRE
  • TRANSMISSION FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
  • MODEL C-SEGMENT, HATCHBACK OR SALOON
  • PRICE CAP AUD $203,000

https://www.tcraustralia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/calendar_tcr.pdf

Kicks off this weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park, then to Phillp Island June 6-9, we'll all be the wiser then. Grid is filling.

Last edited:
TV coverage on FTA on SBS :thumbsu:

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sport/article/2019/02/12/touring-car-series-racing-live-sbs

The broadcast, to be delivered to fans in high definition on its primary channel, will feature live coverage of both Saturday and Sunday races at all seven Shannons Nationals rounds in 2019.

The landmark deal has been negotiated by the Australian Racing Group and CAMS, offering Australian sports fans that best live and free coverage of any motorsport category in Australia.

All seven TCR Australia rounds will receive extensive live coverage, as well as being available on SBS’s digital platforms.

“The TCR Australia Touring Car Series has a substantial and passionate following in Australia. It’s great news that live motorsport is returning to our screens at SBS,” said SBS Head of Sport, Ken Shipp.

“I have no doubt the upcoming season will bring with it some exciting wheel-to-wheel moments and superb on-track entertainment which will be available free-to-air to all Australians.”

The broadcast is set to bring to life the international turbocharged touring car class in full high definition glory, giving fans the best access to all races from the comfort of their homes.

- Bulldogs win a premiership
- Leicester win the Premier League
- Philadelphia win the super bowl
- TCR has a thread on the BF motor board

Hell is a ski resort!

Bit controversial that Hell place, but hell I was looking to post & all I got was your post, so here we are :)

TV arrangements for the Shannons Nationals this weekend:
http://www.thenationals.com.au/experienced-broadcasters-for-shannons-nationals/

The on-air line up for the Shannons Nationals in 2019 has been confirmed, with Greg Rust and Aaron Noonan to co-host this year’s live stream and SBS broadcast.

The duo will be supported by a host of experienced talent, with Cameron van den Dungen and Emma Notarfrancesco in the pit lane as part of the extended two day stream.
As part of this year’s Shannons Nationals, the TCR Australia Series action will be broadcast on SBS, with all races live, free and in HD.

Cameron van den Dungen races Improved Production. I think this might be a good career move for Noonan? For whatever is considered goog about it, everything about supercars is stale, and that includes Neil Crompton as the lead presenter for the series. Idk if Noonan will be particularly great, but I think it's time to have someone else be the lead presenter on Aus motorsport.

I've hated Greg Rust since he was first on speedweek in the mid-90s. Emma Notafrancesco is an airhead.

I reckon a problem this series may have is a bit too much publicity prior to beginning? I think it's better to fly a bit under the radar for a year or two. But everything is being milked for as much publicity as it can get.

Quite right, it needs to deliver if it is to be up there in the mind of the motor racing fan. Cant help but to be afraid its really a money play but how deep are the pockets of the money men?

Not sure if thats a swipe at we SBS viewers (love those movies), but FTA has to be good if the word gets out, we SBS types arent great TV viewers, dont trouble the ratings scoreboard ....
Certainly not , i mean massive for the category

Cameron van den Dungen races Improved Production. I think this might be a good career move for Noonan? For whatever is considered goog about it, everything about supercars is stale, and that includes Neil Crompton as the lead presenter for the series. Idk if Noonan will be particularly great, but I think it's time to have someone else be the lead presenter on Aus motorsport.

I've hated Greg Rust since he was first on speedweek in the mid-90s. Emma Notafrancesco is an airhead.
Always getting in a Crompton dig lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The regs:
CR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
There are over 13 car manufacturers around the world that have, or are building vehicles to TCR Series regulations.
DOWNLOAD REGULATIONS
  • ENGINE PRODUCTION-BASED MAX 2.0L TURBOCHARGED
  • OUTPUT 350 BHP (APPROX.)
  • GEARBOX 6-SPEED SEQUENTIAL WITH PADDLE SHIFT
  • WHEELS 8” CONTROL TYRE
  • TRANSMISSION FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
  • MODEL C-SEGMENT, HATCHBACK OR SALOON
  • PRICE CAP AUD $203,000

What is this? Racing cars for ants?

On the flipside, I've always quite liked Greg Rust and not really understood the hate for him. Probably more as a presenter than as a commentator though. To each their own I guess.

I like Noonan too but don't feel like the tone of his voice lends itself to being the voice of a series. Hopefully he'll thrive and make it his own.

Don't mind Emma either. Unlike some, she can at least string a coherent sentence together. Didn't exactly cover herself in glory with her interview at the recent 6 hour though...

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back