hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Have to say I loved the racing on Sunday, what's more with a smaller crowd all the drivers were happy to have a chat. Spoke to Will Brown for ages, even got to sit in the car after race 3 !!!

There's 3 more I30s coming and I was told 3 Ford Focus' will be on the grid soon. Interesting tidbit from everyone was that they welcome everyone..... except WAU, Penske and especially T8

Here we go :rolleyes:

SUPERCARS ‘BANS’ TCR

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Ridiculous.

They're feeling very threatened.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Have to say I loved the racing on Sunday, what's more with a smaller crowd all the drivers were happy to have a chat. Spoke to Will Brown for ages, even got to sit in the car after race 3 !!!

There's 3 more I30s coming and I was told 3 Ford Focus' will be on the grid soon. Interesting tidbit from everyone was that they welcome everyone..... except WAU, Penske and especially T8

They, who more specifically, the drivers, the teams, even the money men looking to make a ROI?
Have a real interest in the business of sport.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Speaking of the business of motorsport:
/2019/07/16/supercars-objects-to-tcr-australia-adelaide-500-plans/

It is believed that Supercars has raised concerns over a rival touring car series featuring on the bill at the Adelaide 500.

While the Adelaide 500 is not a Supercars-promoted event, Speedcafe.com has learned that Supercars does have a say in vetoing support categories that appear at the meeting through its current contract with event organisers, the South Australian Tourism Commission.

Oh for the days the event promoter ran the program, any chance SA Tourism flexes its muscle, its purse strings.
In footy terms it reminds me of Subi Oval a few years back having scheduled an international Rugby game & the AFL wanted to come in second & gazump the scheduling.

Speaking of the business of motorsport:
/2019/07/16/supercars-objects-to-tcr-australia-adelaide-500-plans/

It is believed that Supercars has raised concerns over a rival touring car series featuring on the bill at the Adelaide 500.

While the Adelaide 500 is not a Supercars-promoted event, Speedcafe.com has learned that Supercars does have a say in vetoing support categories that appear at the meeting through its current contract with event organisers, the South Australian Tourism Commission.

Oh for the days the event promoter ran the program, any chance SA Tourism flexes its muscle, its purse strings.
In footy terms it reminds me of Subi Oval a few years back having scheduled an international Rugby game & the AFL wanted to come in second & gazump the scheduling.
Scroll up ya Bell-end

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They, who more specifically, the drivers, the teams, even the money men looking to make a ROI?
Have a real interest in the business of sport.
All of the above. Spoke to a few drivers and team owners including several involved in Supercars and they didn't want the big 2 especially in.

It's almost a privateer based series in effect, one guy in particular said "We don't need Roland ***ing Dane coming in and ****ing everything up". He was deadly serious.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
All of the above. Spoke to a few drivers and team owners including several involved in Supercars and they didn't want the big 2 especially in.

It's almost a privateer based series in effect, one guy in particular said "We don't need Roland ***ing Dane coming in and ****ing everything up". He was deadly serious.

888 Dane, can well understand the comment & fortunately they seem to be looking internationally with GT3.
Supercars is a business venture & the promoters of TCR are there to make a dollar.
I look at the likes of Ash Seward Motorsport & their role in the sport, I'm curious not critical, its a money pit.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
It's probably better publicity for TCR that they're rejected.

That's interesting from hey shorty. Because I didn't talk like he has. Touring car racing has always been in the middle of the motorsport ladder, bringing professional and amateur/privateer competitors together. It's what I missed about the ATCC.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

That's interesting from hey shorty. Because I didn't talk like he has. Touring car racing has always been in the middle of the motorsport ladder, bringing professional and amateur/privateer competitors together. It's what I missed about the ATCC.

Go back to the early 2000s when guys like Perkins was making money from the privateers, not taking a shot at Larry, just a reflection.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Likewise.

The whole feel of the paddock felt different like the late 80S early 90s up at Mallala, it was great. Everyone was happy to have a chat, you could pretty much talk to anyone although the Tanders weren't overly forthcoming.

The final round of the Nationals are at the Bend in November, I'll definitely be heading up

Back