TCR is here

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, good point.

Sometimes it’s practical for a series to have repeat tracks in a season, but there’s something unsatisfying about it.

The smaller circuits do suit the cars better. I suppose it’s the point lebbo was indirectly making about the cars at Bathurst.

I was there in the series production days when Datsuns & Mazdas were sharing the mountain with H0s & XU1s & it was regularly reported the quickest car across the top of the mountain was a Datsun driven by Doug Whiteford, a very experienced punter.

2 litres across the top will be very entertaining as Andy Priaux said
.... having competed in four Bathurst 1000s .... getting the chance to return to Mount Panorama was exciting.

“Bathurst is one of the best race tracks in the world – it’s a kind of mix between Spa and Macau,” Priaulx said.

It will be fantastic to drive there in a TCR car that will perform really well over the top.

Sorry to admit I have never been able to define exactly where 'across the top' exactly is.

Be great if TCR could forge a close relationship (on track) with NZ:

WRC star Hayden Paddon has confirmed that he will compete in the inaugural TCR New Zealand series when it launches in January.

Paddon, a multiple winner of the New Zealand Rally Championship and one-time WRC victor, will take part in the opening three rounds of the campaign driving a Hyundai i30 N TCR for his own Paddon Rallysport Group team.

TCR NZ will have a close relationship with the Aus series because they're run by the same management.

Idk what the palns are. But if I was running it, I'd have a two distinct series with no overlap. Give prospective competitors two shots a year at winning a series.

Thierry Neuville raced in the German tcr series in a one off. Took pole and won a heat? It wouldn't surprise if Paddon wins a few races and scores the most points in the times he's in.

Sorry to admit I have never been able to define exactly where 'across the top' exactly is.
One would presume over the mountain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back