Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanton & Barker have been our midfield and stoppage coaches... This is a group that now has 2 All Australians, Cripps and Walsh.. Yet we have been slaughtered at clearances for 2 years, never been able to stop a run on which always started with easy goals out of the middle.. Our transition was pathetic.. Barker and Stanton could not fix this, not even close...
Did you watch the Roos or Port game? By far our worst midfield showing for the year. Both after Barker left.
I don’t think we have had the opportunity to really see what coaches or fringe players can do this year as clearly we have had an entire football system in shambles.

A professional review isn’t going to say “sack” or “someone is no good”

It will find weaknesses in the structure, strengths in the structure, then weaknesses and strengths & weaknesses in the individual.

The board then has to excess that, can we cover the weaknesses or do the weaknesses make the individual position untenable. That’s the point of a review to identify the entire corporations or in this case footy departments problems & areas needing improvement. So it might identify tactics, player communication, professionalism, training etc etc etc

Id be quite surprised if they hadn’t yet decided if Teague was up to the job Or not.

Id be quite surprised if they hadn’t yet decided if Teague was up to the job Or not.
They may off, but you have what is hopefully a detailed review sitting there and access to the people who are in the positions the review is about.

You have an opportunity to go to them with the review and it’s findings and extract even more information and learn more about what’s gone wrong so you can fix it correctly.

Sayers is from a corporate world it’s exactly how you’d proceed in the corporate world.

Nobody in the media is screaming about the feelings of a middle manager in a major business who has probably lost his job, but this process is continuing. But it’s good business & is the process you follow. Based on the club email on Monday, it seems clear that’s what the club wants to do & as long as they cooperate you do it. Stanton clearly didn’t do it ended with him quickly

Did you watch the Roos or Port game? By far our worst midfield showing for the year. Both after Barker left.
I don’t think we have had the opportunity to really see what coaches or fringe players can do this year as clearly we have had an entire football system in shambles.

Bartel used to talk about this.

Carlton would win stoppages because they would outnumber oppo at the contest.

Oppo would “outnumber” outside the stoppage and regain possession after rushed kick/handpass and have clear possession and space to attack.

Statistically Carlton would win the “stoppage” but lose momentum and the game.

Oppo would “outnumber” outside the stoppage and regain possession after rushed kick/handpass and have clear possession and space to attack.

I do rate Bartel’s insights

Got a bad feeling he’s staying after clarko news plus the rumours about lyon board split. I’m only 18 and might already be contemplating giving up. Can’t imagine what some of you oldies would be thinking

Got a bad feeling he’s staying after clarko news plus the rumours about lyon board split. I’m only 18 and might already be contemplating giving up. Can’t imagine what some of you oldies would be thinking
I am thinking I would rather be a carlton supporter and lose every game for the rest of my life than follow any other bunch of rotten mongrels.

I am only 40, but i think it is worse for us because we have seen and tasted success.. We know what that feels like and what we are missing.. and how great this club used to be...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always make me laugh, coaches bang on about getting numbers to the ball so Carlton take it literally.

It's all in the telling of it, get numbers around the ball ie don't all go and try and get the ball have guys on the outside to receive and go.

We have butchered this.

Who would want to come coach us now?!

Good thing we have a coach still employed and the club completely equipped with getting him the help he needs.

Seriously, can't believe how much everyone has fallen into the media spin here.

Clarkson preferred option.
Teague our second option.

We sound out Clarkson before sacking Teague. If Clarkson is a no-go, we hold Teague to his contract for 2022. If it goes balls up, Clarko is waiting in the wings.

We've played it well.

Good thing we have a coach still employed and the club completely equipped with getting him the help he needs.

Seriously, can't believe how much everyone has fallen into the media spin here.

Clarkson preferred option.
Teague our second option.

We sound out Clarkson before sacking Teague. If Clarkson is a no-go, we hold Teague to his contract for 2022. If it goes balls up, Clarko is waiting in the wings.

We've played it well.
Teague is not our second option.

Maybe not second, but it'd be dumb to sack a contracted coach before we've found a replacement.
No- We either think Teague is the right person to coach us and we back him or we sack him and go through a process to find the best Coach. Given we have only chased Clarko we now need to sack Teague and find a new coach.

It is like trying to find wife number 2 while still married. Lacks class and not the way to treat people.

No- We either think Teague is the right person to coach us and we back him or we sack him and go through a process to find the best Coach. Given we have only chased Clarko we now need to sack Teague and find a new coach.

It is like trying to find wife number 2 while still married. Lacks class and not the way to treat people.

Why? It's a professional environment. If Teague doesn't want the stress of potential replacements taking his job whilst he's employed, he should sign 1 year deals. Stiff s**t.

Ok let's say Clarkson is a 10/10 coach, Teague is a 5/10 coach.

We currently have a 5/10
We'd love a 10/10
The 10/10 isn't available
The other candidates are all 4/10
Lucky we still have the 5/10, as that's better than the 4/10
If the 5/10 doesn't get to a 7-8/10 next year, then we chase the 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back