Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Biting the bullet and starting a poll. It’s time we see how everyone is feeling.

Does he just need more time to learn on the job?
Or has he had enough time and needs to go?

DirtyLeeds

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2018
Soldiers Hill, Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golf handicap 16
Unfortunately he was the wrong choice in the first place, we needed someone like Lyon then. David is like your old grade two teacher, really lovely bloke who'd you'd happily walk over hot coals for, once. Would he lead you to war(?), could he send his men into battle knowing half wouldn't come back(?), would you follow his instructions irregardless(?)......
Don't think so, and here lies the case.
Some old copper mates of mine used to say, "...nice girl,...... stinks"

Biting the bullet and starting a poll. It’s time we see how everyone is feeling.

Does he just need more time to learn on the job?
Or has he had enough time and needs to go?
It's time we see how everyone is feeling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
If I were Teague I'd be negotiating an end of season exit strategy to save the club grief and embarrassment while maintaining some credibility.
A full year's contract to ponder your future isn't a bad outcome. But what do I know.
Do it Dave.

Blue Heart

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately he was the wrong choice in the first place, we needed someone like Lyon then. David is like your old grade two teacher, really lovely bloke who'd you'd happily walk over hot coals for, once. Would he lead you to war(?), could he send his men into battle knowing half wouldn't come back(?), would you follow his instructions irregardless(?)......

That's right. Teague was the wrong choice off the bat.

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We might as well lock the joint up and throw away the keys. Stupid thread, give the bloke some time... we’d be a laughing stock if they sacked a coach who is yet to complete at full 22 game season.

Players have to take some accountability and it’s about time we stuck with and supported a coach. Plenty were calling for Goodwin’s head last year and look at Melbourne now.

We just need some luck with having our best 22 on the park and we haven’t been close for the last 3 years.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Wonder how this's gonna turn out?
Unfortunately the pressure will gain momentum and be tremendous and Teaugy will have to be moved on.
It’s not entirely his fault , we are lacking 6 to 8 quality AFL footballers, David doesn’t have the cattle, nor support coaches to materialize his coaching style.
I think he’ll see out the season and several departments will get a big shake up end season, one of the casualties will Teaugy.

I've been a big advocate, for moving Teague on and think we may need to.
I've also voted as undecided.. It would have to be for progress, not just for the sake of change..

If we are to move him on it would have to be for an upgrade..
I'd be all for someone that has a proven past, of galvanising a lazy list and of winning games/ flags...
Clarkson, Scott, Hardwick, Longmire, Simpson or Lyon

Though how quickly people forget, are guy's like Leppitsch & Voss are great assistants, Yes...
But proven poor head coaches, we used to laugh at them Voss (Crazy Voss) and Leppitsch (Bottom of the table Brisbane), would rather keep Teague..

If it comes to it I would hope that we get outside guidance in deciding a coach..
As I truly do fear that the club would give Barker the job...

Last edited:

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I would seriously look at say, Mitchell, Lewis or Clarkson if they were keen to move into the role, pending cost is not absurd , all of them aggressive, determined personalities, whom have been winners and known great success There may well be others , the search must be meticulous and diligent.
We’ve been sold to many pantomimes, we want the real deal.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Oh... he has to be a 'sack', doesn't he? I know we keep sacking coaches and replacing them but we don't really have a process in place and he was appointed after having a few 'honeymoon' wins and out of fear that if we didn't give him the job, the one who we did give the job to might have done worse. It was an appointment of 'appearances', really.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back