Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game plan that has seen us lose by no more than 28 points this season. Yes there are some issues but cleaning house and starting again is not the answer.
I don't think the margin of the defeats define the issues, their is a consistent pattern, when opposition teams go up a gear Carlton has folded each time despite looking in control of those games, bottom line is teams score against us too easily over 100pts every game, not going to win finals or against better teams with a lack of defence across most parts of the ground.

Maybe.

But sometimes if you've got employees talking about the boss behind their back, it's because those employees feel that making their concerns known through official channels will only bring them trouble. And if some of the specific complaints/concerns are around selection integrity, then one could see why players would feel uncomfortable sticking their necks out.

If there are players who don't understand the gameplan, don't feel they are being given enough/the right direction to allow them to understand it, believe that there are teammates being given unfair treatment (positive or negative), and believe that rocking the boat puts them at risk, then the issue isn't with those players.
You can certainly see how this is a bit chicken and egg though. Players not believing in the game plan, leading to a lack of effort, leading to failure of the game plan, leading to lack of belief in the game plan, leading to lack of effort and the cycle spirals endlessly into failure.

Any player who has thrown their toys out of the cot over selection and hasnt given 100% is part of the problem. We did what the players wanted regarding turfing Bolton, and look where they've landed. The tail is most certainly wagging the dog.

players deserve some blame for clearly not buying in but ultimately this falls on teague as he has failed to instill a culture of belief and winning. Plus cant have a coach who is being publically undermined with leaks to the media. As a result has to go in my view. Along with Lloyd.

Bloke deserves a decent crack at it. I don't think the club has put the right people around him and that evident with Worsefolds movement. I hope he sticks around. He is a fighter, who fought as a player and I have no doubt with the right mix in the coaches box this can be fixed. The last few sackings didn't help anyone.

Cripp's body language in the Essendon game in 2019 prior to Bolton's sacking was very telling IMO.

His performance (or lack thereof in terms of pressure acts) was eerily similiar on Sunday. Maybe his back had flared up again, but there were worrying signs, that surely can't be attributed to issues with a now departed stoppage coach?
That is just unforgivable being the captain. That is a dead set dummy spit if true. what, play when I want to play and stuff everyone, supporters and all.
Surely that is not how he reacts when things don't go his way? I really hope that is not so but if it is I would say he's outta here..

players deserve some blame for clearly not buying in but ultimately this falls on teague as he has failed to instill a culture of belief and winning. Plus cant have a coach who is being publically undermined with leaks to the media. As a result has to go in my view. Along with Lloyd.

Leaks from where?

Bloke deserves a decent crack at it. I don't think the club has put the right people around him and that evident with Worsefolds movement. I hope he sticks around. He is a fighter, who fought as a player and I have no doubt with the right mix in the coaches box this can be fixed. The last few sackings didn't help anyone.

How many preseasons do you want to waste on Teague? He's already had 2.

I just can not see a scenario where Teague lasts beyond end of next season. Why would good assistants take the lead of a less qualified coach? Teague would be threatened by a Leppitch/Lyon/Voss who will be assume the role of coach in waiting. The media will have a field day. I do not think Teague can turn it around in time

As I've said before, I'm happy to keep Teague as long as there is an acknowledgement there is something seriously wrong and there is a clear plan on how to fix it. We have zero modern defensive game plan. Zero hard gut running to defend. No leadership onfield.

Does Teague have the answers to this? I have no idea...and I'm not sure the club does...but they had better find out and find out quickly. The planning for next year needs to start right now.
I think dumb positioning and decision making mean our boys have to do more gut running to get near the Oppo defensively. It's why we are always cooked at the end of quarters. Hence the redtime goals against.

That is just unforgivable being the captain. That is a dead set dummy spit if true. what, play when I want to play and stuff everyone, supporters and all.
Surely that is not how he reacts when things don't go his way? I really hope that is not so but if it is I would say he's outta here..

Cripps is not a captain's bootlace. If he's there next year, let him focus on his football again without the burden. FWIW, I think Doc has suffered with the dual captaincy as well. I'd make him captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that Nafan is available, does this change anyones opinion?

:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:
Perhaps we do a coach swap with the Pies.

I recall in the early 90s (i think) we swapped coaches with Fitzroy and we got Parkin back.

Perhaps we do a coach swap with the Pies.

I recall in the early 90s (i think) we swapped coaches with Fitzroy and we got Parkin back.

The end of '85, Walls to Carlton to replace Parkin who had been sacked, a few weeks later Parkin to Fitzroy to fill the coaching position vacated by Walls.

The end of '85, Walls to Carlton to replace Parkin who had been sacked, a few weeks later Parkin to Fitzroy to fill the coaching position vacated by Walls.
Haha i wasnt really close there :D

Since we were favourites and we were supposed to play finals, then Nafans Pies beat us. Does this mean Nafan is a better coach that Teague. Of course it is not that simple. However Bucks has impressed me over the last couple of years, he is a decent coach imo. Of course they were always going to struggle this season after they lost Treloar, Stephenson and a couple of others due to shocking list management. Personally I would prefer Bucks over Clarko and Ross.

Since we were favourites and we were supposed to play finals, then Nafans Pies beat us. Does this mean Nafan is a better coach that Teague. Of course it is not that simple. However Bucks has impressed me over the last couple of years, he is a decent coach imo. Of course they were always going to struggle this season after they lost Treloar, Stephenson and a couple of others due to shocking list management. Personally I would prefer Bucks over Clarko and Ross.
Its an interesting point regarding how similar a position our clubs are. Outgoing president, movement in the board, an underperforming team putting the coach in the spotlight.

Collingwood has gone down the "sack the coach" path, where Carlton is looking at the "change the team around the coach" strategy. Will be an interesting comparison in 3-5 years time to see if one team emerges in a much better position as a result.

I honestly don't know and to be honest don't care. It's not about the people, it's about what they bring.

Player culture and professionalism is number 1 for me. Playing for the team and not themselves, obviously. And they shouldn't have to "get up" for a game to even just show up. Showing up week in, week out is one of the fundamental things in their job description.

Game plan. Is it that hopeless and unplayable, or only that way if you don't buy in fully and aren't a group of professionals? Dunno, but us doing what we're doing at the moment is hopeless.

Match committee. No brainer. Gifting some and killing others. Square pegs in round holes. Every bloody week.

So I don't know who needs to come into the club to fix these 3 things.
But if Teague as senior coach is one of those who need to make way to fit them, then so be it.

Cripps is not a captain's bootlace. If he's there next year, let him focus on his football again without the burden. FWIW, I think Doc has suffered with the dual captaincy as well. I'd make him captain
I would trade him while he still has some value.
He's a bit like Lance W., would have been a legend if he had played 10 years earlier. Watched the Bulldogs game against us and Bont. was what we had hoped Paddy would become. Never will, injuries and sub par performances have taken their toll.

So Teague is safe from the review??

Knew this would be a typical smoke and mirrors Carlton review..

It's sad that we continue to put up with this :sadv1:
LoGuidice should stand down now and leave, if this is a legit review his just taken all the trust away..

I want a 100% no holds barred review, if it finds that Teague is our man than we can 100% support him, if not then we move on..
This is good spin. Coach is a part of the football department. This allows MLG to deflect attention away from Teague until they decide if he is part of the problem.

So Teague is safe from the review??

Knew this would be a typical smoke and mirrors Carlton review..

It's sad that we continue to put up with this :sadv1:
LoGuidice should stand down now and leave, if this is a legit review his just taken all the trust away..

ARTICLE

I want a 100% no holds barred review, if it finds that Teague is our man than we can 100% support him, if not then we move on..

Your link doesn't work, but if that's what Lo Guidice said, it's because the review is into the Football Department, not just the coaching.
The coaches fall within the football department.
This is how it should be, geez.

Your link doesn't work, but if that's what Lo Guidice said, it's because the review is into the Football Department, not just the coaching.
The coaches fall within the football department.
This is how it should be, geez.

And unless it's in a contract of some sort (and possibly even then), the second MLG goes and Sayers steps in, he can do what he likes to Teague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back