Game Day Team Boomer vs Team Enright

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this has been the knock on him... He doesn't often get 25+ possies & can be inconsistent. Maybe a mini-Bont type in that regard.

They just made a comparison with Josh Kennedy in his playing style. Good comparison.

He looks very forward in his physical development. Nice hands, sure disposal.

Yeah, I think the knock on him is that he's a bit of a tweener. Not tall enough to be a KPF, but not agile/skilful enough to be a Mason Wood type. But with the possible move to smaller forward lines anyway, this could play into his hands.

They just made a comparison with Josh Kennedy in his playing style. Good comparison.

Playing style; definitely yes... Although LDU looks a little more polished to me... But JPK is extremely consistent from week to week, so my comparison to Bont was more for that reason.

Cal Twomey always good to listen to re his thoughts on the players

Yeah, I thought his comments on Cerra were rather telling; Basically, that everyone knows what they're getting with him. Safe bet, but not necessarily a star or game-winner. If it's down to him & Stephenson for pick 4, it's going to be very interesting which way we go.

If it's down to him & Stephenson for pick 4, it's going to be very interesting which way we go.

I have no problems with taking Stephenson based on what I have seen.

Quick, has smarts, finds space and as for his kicking, it's no great issue.

His tends to get under his longer kicks and gets a bit of hang time, but if he's playing as an attacking winger in our side, is that really a weakness or an asset?

upload_2017-9-30_11-18-23.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballenden has been underwhelming.

I can see why this is rated as a skinny draft. There's a few kids on the ground today that don't look much chop at all.

On talent Stephenson should be the #1. If #1 is supposed to be the best player in the draft rather than "most likely 200 gamer".

I think that criteria would favour Rayner, but we know what you're getting at.

I can see why this is rated as a skinny draft. There's a few kids on the ground today that don't look much chop at all.

Yep. While I'm certain it would be a better match with arguably 5 of the top 8 or so missing, there doesn't seem to be much depth to this lot. I'd say everything after about pick 20 will be based on identifying potential improvement.

Stephenson marks on the lead and kicks his 3rd

Then hobbles off the ground

I missed it... was it a one-grabber? I've noticed many of his marks have been 2 grabbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back